Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobie thread

• 17-11-2007 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

ehhh crap :(

I need to splice to 2 songs together at certain times in boths songs with certain effects at the mixing stage as both songs are sooooo not even close in terms of style.

/yes this if for my wedding and i have little faith in the DJ being able to do it so i would like to just give him an mp3 if possible.

I would like to do it myself as the missus would give me major kudos :D

So ehh how, i have a pc :D

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

What songs are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

All song times got from youtube

In that order but at certain times ie the missus has spoken :o

And the kids will be happy :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

download a piece of software called goldwave (the evaluation version has full functionality afaik) open the mp3 files one by one and cut out the bits you want and save them to separate files.
    Download/buy some "scratch" (or other) sound effects to use between the songs.
    Open the new snow patrol song file you have created, paste in a sound effect followed by the public domain segment followed by another sound effect followed by high school musical etc etc (this will take some time).
    Im not entirely sure this will work out for you unless you have a good knowledge of music. it also surprises me that you dont trust the dj to do it for you. How and ever, good luck with this, be prepared to spend lots of time on it to get it right!!
    And im sure i speak for most people here when i say we'd all love to hear the finished product!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Is this along the lines of what you're looking for?

Advertisement