Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Ferret Desperately Wanted

• 17-11-2007 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, I have a beautiful female ferret named Kitten and I need to find her a temporary mate, or preferably lifelong partner. In case you don't know, female ferrets die if they go into heat and don't find a mate... So you can see the urgency!
    I don't want to get her spayed or neutered, because my girlfriend has her heart set on kits (baby ferrets). If you own, or know someone who ownes a male ferret that is willing to either give him a good home, or contribute to the breeding process, please PM me.

Thank you. :D

Comments

I will have the same problem soon. But my Ferret is only 3 months old . You wont need the male until Feb / March time. Check the buy and sell as there are some breeders there that might give you a lend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kev-SkinTicket4

Had a look already, as far as i know they dont go into heat for the first year of their lives... but dont quote me on that! any further information would be appreciated. i'll let you know if i find something.

;)

My Vet has told me that i will have to have her neutered in March . I am not sure weather or not to let her have 1 litter . You can also give her an injection to sort the problem. Neuter is alot easier though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kev-SkinTicket4

Well the injection (jill jab) will need to be given several times in a season and wont completely protect her for the infections that prove fatal, if your set on the idea of a litter you should mate her then get her neutered and keep up regular vet trips during heat and pregnancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bogger07

Yes i have a male ferret that i will let go.But he is a big one and 5 years

• Advertisement

Could i have a lend of him in March ?

Advertisement