Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone numbers, (reverse check)

Options
  • 17-11-2007 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anybody know if it's possible to reverse check a phone number?

I do not want to call it to find out who owns it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not in Ireland, only Gardai can do this I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

jor el wrote: »
    Not in Ireland, only Gardai can do this I think.

You can buy a reverse directory, or at least one used to be able to. It's most likely too expensive, even if it is available.

Do Directory Enquiries give out the information any more (They used to, years back if the number was in the white pages)?
    Moved to Nets & Comms - they know stuff there, thems does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Karoma wrote: »
    You can buy a reverse directory, or at least one used to be able to. It's most likely too expensive, even if it is available.

Do Directory Enquiries give out the information any more (They used to, years back if the number was in the white pages)?
    Moved to Nets & Comms - they know stuff there, thems does.

If you know some people who know some people who work for phone companies you can have a reverse directory service easily ;)

Google's worth a shot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    If you know some people who know some people who work for phone companies you can have a reverse directory service easily ;)

But that's not something we could suggest because it'd be naughty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement