Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are www.boohoo.com any good ?

• 17-11-2007 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭

I came across www.boohoo.com and it seems to have some very nice clothes at very affordable prices. There are a few things I'd love to get if they really are as appears. Anyone tried them or heard of them and if so do you know if the quality of the clothes is up to scratch ?
    The site is a bit cantankerous btw. It takes a few minutes for it to load sometimes .I can't help feeling thats probably a bad sign but I'd be happy to hear someone say otherwise. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Afraid I dont knoe Chilly, but had a peek at the site..nice stuff indeed, some tacky sequiny stuff but nice pieces...the 'wink' dress is very classy and fifties..i'll be keeping an eye on this thread too in case anyone gets bcak to you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It seems well priced and does have some nice stuff. I'm not sure either though. I registered and then it said "you been registered succesfully". The English there sounds like a scammer's email or something so I'm %100 confident. I may order one thing and try it out.

EDIT: ok, I've ordered a dress, Ill let you know how i get on!

whatcha order, dying to know the quality etc too, cos Ive my eye on some nice pieces!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks for replying girls. I've googled them and opinion seems a bit divided in terms of quality and fit but its 80 - 20 in their favour for the most part.. it's just the bad things seem to stick in your head more :rolleyes: That pic of Jordon on their home page leaves you wondering just what that infers about their quality although the dress looks well on her :) There are a few things I'd really like so I'll be very interested to hear what you think Watna !
    I like that Wink dress too Ladypennyworth.

Oh.. found this too. Its a 10% discount code in case anyones interested. http://www.everydaysale.co.uk/shop-merchant_id-1119-discount-voucher-Boohoo.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They always have ads and advertisement features in the weekly magazines, especially 'Look', so I'd say there's nothing wrong.
    I get the impression it's kinda cheap, like those 'Magic', etc shops.

• Advertisement

Is Magic like a Libaas/Take a Look style store quality wise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Take a look at their site and compare it to River Island's. Slight rip off! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

'Magic' type stores would be those ones in every shopping centre with cheap but fashionable clothes, not great quality though. There's lots in the ILAC Centre and one in Stephens Green.

Not certain now, just a guess...

Advertisement