Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To upgrade or not to upgrade

Options
  • 17-11-2007 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Well, I've been thinking about my PC and about upgrading (well more like buying a new PC and using this one as a server ) but my question concerns Vista

Should I bother going out and buying a copy of Vista or should I just buy a ... "another" genuine version (:cool:) of XP??

Let me know what you think and why. (The more techie the answer the better as I never even consider a new MS OS until atleast SP1 as they is too much stuff they need to fix :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I don't know you will have alot of people telling you vista is perfect, just in my opinion and usage of it its not great for a gaming PC. I just felt I had alot better performance in XP over Vista especially in games like crysis and Call of Duty 4.

BUT if your just a normal everyday pc user or you use programs like photoshop etc I found it fine.

hope that helps!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I for one will never go back to XP.
    I am not a hardcore gamer but I do play a few games and I find them flawless.
    That does include the Crysis demo. (The game will be delivered Monday :D)
    Now, I believe Vista drops a few FPS in games but I assure you it's nothing you'd notice.
    Personally, I find Vista to have a few niggles but nothing that cant be overcome.
    Besides when the Vista SP1 update is released I'm sure a lot of those bugs will be addressed.
    PS. Vista looks better too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Dazftw, I'm a hardcore gamer mate. I play games all the time. I'm in the closed beta of FFOW and some other games. I'm into high end FPS (out to buy COD4 now :D) and I love MMORPG's especially when they look great. I always try to get games that use my hardwear to the max

So is it worth it?

Advertisement