Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vectra Exhaust Manifold

Options
  • 17-11-2007 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I have a couple of broken studs on my Vectra, so exhaust manifold is blowing.

I've had a couple of stupid quotes from dealers etc for getting these out, shoudl be a simple job with a screww extractor but they reckon head off and €700.

Does anyone have any contacts for garages that could do this for me at a reasonable price ? The Vectra owners club website regularly has posts quoting £30-50, so I wouldn't expect to pay mor ethan €100 !

Thanks all
    Simon

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It will depend on who you get to do it. Some main dealers could take a few hours others may take one or two. The same will apply for indys and ordinary mechanics.
    €100 is cheap enough and presumably based on the idea that they are easy to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sgaites

Just wondered if anyone knows of any garages who would be able to take this job on without having to take the head off the car !?

Advertisement