Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser

Options
  • 17-11-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi all,

Would like a little advice. I went to a salon yesterday that has only opened in the last week it's a small chain. And was charged 185 euro for half head of highlights and cut.( My hair is short to start with.)

I was aghast as I actually only had 150 in my wallet so had to go and get more money then so was to embrassed to question it. Before going I had looked up a price list on the net although not for that salon but one in the chain and according to that the most it could cost was 140 (getting it cut by the salon director which I didn't). My main problem is they had no prices on display.

My question is should I complain?

Thankyou in advance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i would say yes and no. Contact the chain head office and ask about the pricing structure and the fact that one hairdresser in their chain charged different and had no price on display but to be honest, i would think you never asked so u didn't know and possibly have no grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Hairdressers are legally obliged to display a price list on the premises.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You should have asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EJane

i got a quote from origin in ranelagh for a full head of highlights and haircut (i have long hair) and it was 110 euro for foils and 60 euro for the cut. the last time i was there i had Hugh, unfortunately he's not there anymore.

Does anyone know where he is now?? he's brilliant and i'd love to find him if anyone knows?!?!

but anyway the other haridressers there are meant to be good as well. if i can't find hugh then i'll let you know next week!

Advertisement