Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems i ve got so far ... 5th yr

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Piste wrote: »
    Whoah whoah whoah whoah, since when is Rich on our English course? Thought our only female poet was Bishop?

Oh God.

There is always 2 female poets on the english course. Era, dont get worried about it. You dont have to cover any of the female poets if you dont want to. You would still have 6 poets left being, Walcott, Mahon, Longley, Keats, Montague and Larkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

So she is! Just checked my English book....no notes are given on her at the end though O_o

Sorry I couldn't go to that English thing with you pfm, I didn't know we were indeed doing Rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

~Candy~ wrote: »
    :( yeah sickening reli. which book are ye using

Am dont have the book on me at the moment its blue and its says its for LC and foundation level in College!!!

Is anyone doing the new tech graph course, I think its called design and communication? If so what kind of stuff are you doing, have yuo started using the cad section of the course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

eoccork wrote: »
    Is anyone doing the new tech graph course, I think its called design and communication? If so what kind of stuff are you doing, have yuo started using the cad section of the course?

Yep - 'Design and Communications Graphics'' is its full name. So far, we've done auxiliary views, true shape/lengths, skew lines and a few other things I can't remember... We've done a bit of computer stuff too on SolidWorks, and we've all got the program installed on our own PCs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

well im in 6th yr at the mo and im tryin to figure out the whole college thing (bricking it!!!)...im struggling majorly with most of my subjects especially maths and biology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Jello wrote: »
    Yep - 'Design and Communications Graphics'' is its full name. So far, we've done auxiliary views, true shape/lengths, skew lines and a few other things I can't remember... We've done a bit of computer stuff too on SolidWorks, and we've all got the program installed on our own PCs. :)

the lucky ones then, im doing it too, but we have only done conics, obliques, true lengths and skew lines etc etc so far, starting the comps soon now though as a huge amount of the drawings are done

timmywex wrote: »
    the lucky ones then, im doing it too, but we have only done conics, obliques, true lengths and skew lines etc etc so far, starting the comps soon now though as a huge amount of the drawings are done

Thats exactly where we are seems abit slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

realised how absolutely screwed i am for maths today...and have xmas tests in less then a week.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

The only way to study for maths is by doing questions. You'll get some wrong. In some ways that's a good thing. When you get a question wrong, do it again. Go through as many steps as you can and try to figure out what you did wrong the first time.

It might take several attempts to figure some questions out but the chances are you'll do a little better each time. Spend 5 or 10 minutes trying to work out where you made the mistake. If you haven't figured it out in that time, take a short break, make a cup of tea or something, and then go back to it again.

If you keep working at it that way, it will start coming together over time.
    Also, ask your teacher to explain it, either during class or after. That's what they're there for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

..im struggling majorly with most of my subjects especially maths and biology
    See above for advice on maths. It applies to all levels by the way.

As for biology, there isn't really a trick to it. There's just lots of stuff to memorise. For most people, it takes up a lot of time but it isn't a hard subject if you spend the time on it.
    If you're having trouble, chances are it's because you're not studying effectively, not because you can't figure it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

For maths just keep doing questions. My teacher is not increddible, so i just go over anything weve done in class and if i cant do it then i just go to my grind teacher and ask him to go over it

Jello wrote: »

We got the cd's for solidworks a few days ago. Does anybody know does it work on vista??

it does i think, or at least it should anyway,

yeah people in my class said it does but the teacher said it was not supposed too:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

realised how absolutely screwed i am for maths today...and have xmas tests in less then a week.......

hey bud i read this thingy on the net few dayz ago it says , revise the basics in maths make sure you understand all the basics...some ppl 'h8s'maths it because in maths it kept use the stuff u ve learned b4....so if u don't understand a small thing it could lead to a u dun understand a big thing,
    once you have that done then move on to the next...
    ^ ^

RealJohn wrote: »
    The only way to study for maths is by doing questions. You'll get some wrong. In some ways that's a good thing. When you get a question wrong, do it again. Go through as many steps as you can and try to figure out what you did wrong the first time.

It might take several attempts to figure some questions out but the chances are you'll do a little better each time. Spend 5 or 10 minutes trying to work out where you made the mistake. If you haven't figured it out in that time, take a short break, make a cup of tea or something, and then go back to it again.

If you keep working at it that way, it will start coming together over time.
    Also, ask your teacher to explain it, either during class or after. That's what they're there for.

thx bud...ehh, it sickening really, i spend alot of time on it really......
    it lyk i can do it on the day then i wouldnt be able to do it say a week after , have to kept going back to it ..and i jst got bored n angry enentually

Hooly22 wrote: »
    I'm in 5th year... and we've done.. Triganometry 1..Co-Ordinate Geom-The line... Differentiation.. and half way through calculas!!
    I like maths... but my grades are all over the place!

Finding 5th year hard! Exams in a week.. NOT prepared.

Just wondering whether to drop to pass maths.... How do you know!! Got an A in my Junior cert.... but that's pimps compared to this stuff!

I'm not linguistic... HATE spanish!

Biology and Home ec.... love!

English.. grand but SICK of adrienne rich!!

ah dun drop down ......i got freak out abit when i started 5th yr ....but felt abit better

and u love home ec....?? O___O
    it impossible to remember all da different minerals and vitamins and % of stuff in each of da stuff

Am dont have the book on me at the moment its blue and its says its for LC and foundation level in College!!!

um i got a book from da teacher n it ..err...didnt reli help =P
    wot have ye done so far :D

sorry for the late reply we have moved on to, newtons laws of motion

Does anyone know if the software for design and communication "Solidworks" works on Windows Vista, because I am getting a new computer with vista and I want to be 100% positive that it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It continues to astound me how people simply cannot get their head around the concept of using google.

I typed this:
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22Solidworks%22+vista&btnG=Search&meta=
    The first result was this:
    http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/vista/Vista.html
    Presuming you're using the Student Edition, a few clicks found me this:
    http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/edu/studenteditionsoftware.html?pid=107
    SolidWorks Students Edition 2007-2008 is designed to run on Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional™ or Windows Vista™.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    It continues to astound me how people simply cannot get their head around the concept of using google.

I typed this:
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22Solidworks%22+vista&btnG=Search&meta=
    The first result was this:
    http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/vista/Vista.html
    Presuming you're using the Student Edition, a few clicks found me this:
    http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/edu/studenteditionsoftware.html?pid=107

Well I looked at that well before asking, but a number of students in my year have Vista and it is not working.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Well I looked at that well before asking, but a number of students in my year have Vista and it is not working.:confused:
    Yeah there's a few in my class who can't get it working on Vista, others who can't get it working on Mac. I believe it does work though, maybe you could contact SolidWorks.

yeah !!
    i have vista as well =(
    i think u cud add a xp system as well, u cud have 2 systems operates on da same computer on different drives? I DUNNO =)

ahh, in maths
    we have all da paper 1 Qs done , we starting paper 2 now!!
    and we did da maths paper 1 pres wiv the 6th yr omg it was just so bad
    =(

applied maths still sucks =(...><!!><!!

theres a way around vista, so solidworks will work on vista,

click here, it walks you through nicely!

http://www.t4.ie/Resources/Solid-Works/Solidworks%20on%20Vista.pdf

Advertisement