Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter Query - 84x bus

Options
  • 17-11-2007 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hey there. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me what time the 84x leaving newtown at 7.45am would get me into stephen's green at? And at what time that bus passes through Charlesland? I'm looking to get in for 9.15am. Any assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't know if this is much help to you but, i get whatever 84x passes the southern cross in bray at 7:40/45 and i get into leeson street at 8:30 so it's a journey time of 45 minutes from bray to stephen's green add another 15 say from charlesland.

i know it's not a definitive answer but it would definitely imo get you for 9:15am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

One passes through Charlesland just before 7:45 (or sometimes a little after) and that hits the Green at 9:00am usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Bozzer

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hi Bozzer, the 84x that leaves Newtown does not go into Greystones. It goes from Newtown, into Kilpedder and then from there straight up the N11. You need to get the 84x that comes from Newcastle or Kilcoole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Bozzer wrote: »
    Hey there. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me what time the 84x leaving newtown at 7.45am would get me into stephen's green at? And at what time that bus passes through Charlesland? I'm looking to get in for 9.15am. Any assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Ive been driving the 745 from Kilcoole all week, in town around 910. I can get to Charlesland in 7/8 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

SickCert, can you tell me if the 84x is now stopping at Lidl in Blacklion? there's a new sticker on the bus stop on Stephens Green which lists it as a stop, but some of the drivers aren't stopping there. sent an email to Dublin Bus but no reply yet

Yes, new stops in Kilcoole, Eden gate, Park and Ride, Lidl and top of Windgates.

20 regulars lads know BUT new blood does venture onto the road. No info in the garage about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

thanks SickCert, I had one guy get really narky with me last week and pretty much accuse me of lying about it saying Lidl on the new timetable. You'd think they'd communicate the changes to the drivers a bit better!

A word to DB on 7034434 may help.

Dont blame the newbie, they are told one thing by the trainers (2006/12 manual!!) Then all changes in 2007.

Advertisement