Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nazi SS Stamp

Options
  • 17-11-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭

This morning I was looking through an old drawer and I found this stamp that I completely forgot that we had. My dad got it a few years ago (I'm not sure where) and it was just put away and forgot about. So when I found it I decided to see if I could find any information about it, but I've been searching for the last hour and couldn't come up with anything.

I thought maybe someone here might know something about it, what it was used for, if they're common, and, most importantly, if it's real or fake and how (if) I can tell.

stampgj4.jpg

stampbottomnt8.jpg

It might not be clear in these shots but it says: Waffen SS - Freiwilligen-legion Flandern

stamp3lr9.jpg

Any information would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Thats cool, should be worth a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

*mono* wrote: »
    Thats cool, should be worth a few quid

Not if it's fake! Anyway I'm not really interested in how much it's worth, just what it was used for really, and if it's real or not.

Mods: I just realised I probably put this in the wrong forum, sorry :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

See this site:
    http://www.geocities.com/frwlegflandern/flandern1.html

The site owner can probably give you lots of info.

spurious wrote: »
    See this site:
    http://www.geocities.com/frwlegflandern/flandern1.html

The site owner can probably give you lots of info.

I came across that site but it hasn't been updated in at least 6 years, so the chances of him still using the same email are slim, no harm trying I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Wow, very interesting item, you could also post this in the Militaria forum under 'collectables and antiques', might get some viewers there.

• Advertisement

Wow, very interesting item, you could also post this in the Militaria forum under 'collectables and antiques', might get some viewers there.

I know, about a minute after I posted it here I discovered that forum haha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This guy seems to have a big collection of stuff and could probably tell you if it's genuine.
    http://www.military.be/blog/

spurious wrote: »
    This guy seems to have a big collection of stuff and could probably tell you if it's genuine.
    http://www.military.be/blog/

Thanks. I just found this site too - ssrelics. I might email both of these guys and see if they know anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

did you try the antiques/collectables forum also? They might have an idea as to its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 24,056 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Weren't one or two of the people mentioned in "Ireland's Nazis" members of the Flemish Legion,

• Advertisement

did you try the antiques/collectables forum also? They might have an idea as to its worth

I only found that forum (the Militaria sub forum in particular) a couple of minutes after I posted here (there's so many fora that I've never even been to on boards), and I didn't want to post the same post twice in different forums because I know that's frowned upon.

It would be interesting if that's how it got over here.

Advertisement