Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch clicking

Options
  • 17-11-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    Bought a second hand Opel Corsa about 6 months ago from a dealer. Its a 00 1.0l (sigh i know) but in the last while the clutch makes a clicking noise when it is pressed down and in the last few days it has started to squeak.

Is this just a simple oil up some hinge job or is it something more serious. Also the clutch is a good inch or 2 higher than the break pedal and has to be pressed down very far, has it been fiddled with before and is it possible to correct it to the same height as the other pedals?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The (proberly) plastic toothed ratchet sounds like it not "biting". If it is as I think, the teeth wear short so you get a clicking then at some point it does'nt engage at all.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

I dont think its to do with the actually clutch more so with the pedal i think. But i wouldn't be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If the design is like i think (I dont know for sure) the rachet is above the clutch pedal if you can have look you might spot the mechanism. (bring a torch)

Mike.

Advertisement