Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Philips X-treme Power

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I think Halfords stock them.Be sure that they are not too bright or illegal.Dont know what the legal limits are for light brightness.(Lumens??!!)
    I want to upgrade mine for winter.Gonna get the rally ones for High Beams (illegal I Know) but until people learn that in winter wearing non illuminous clothes and lights on dark roads really doesnt work I will take the flak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Why not buy on line. I got mine from www.powerbulbs.co.uk and the car passed the NCT with them so they are legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

+1 for Powerbulbs, excellent service I received from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Anyone any experience of these bulbs? Are they as good as they are made out to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

yeah have 2 H7's in my dipped beams and i can't fault them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I work for a company that import them, try AD Dublin 01-4260552. Based near clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

bcmf wrote: »
    I think Halfords stock them.Be sure that they are not too bright or illegal.Dont know what the legal limits are for light brightness.(Lumens??!!)
    I want to upgrade mine for winter.Gonna get the rally ones for High Beams (illegal I Know) but until people learn that in winter wearing non illuminous clothes and lights on dark roads really doesnt work I will take the flak.

You advise the op to be sure these bulbs are not illegal and then go on to state that you are going to fit bulbs to your own car that are illegal. WTF???
    These rally bulbs are not for use on open roads and are highly illegal.
    Will you also take the flak when somebody loses their life because of your negligence?
    If fitted to a car with plastic headlight lenses they will melt the pastic over a short period of time due to the excessive heat generated.

If you want to upgrade to the best then go buy yourself a set of legal bulbs like Osrams recently launched 'Night Breakers' or Philips 'X-Treme Power'
    Personally I would recommend the Osram Night Breakers. They produce amazing pure white light.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=111
    http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=43

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've tried the last gen Osram's and Philips Power 2 Night bulbs and found the Philips better myself.

I've currently a set of their X-Treme Power bulbs as the dips in my Passat and find them excellent.. such a difference compared to the standard bulbs, or even the Halfords equivalents.

Advertisement