Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andorra

Options
  • 17-11-2007 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I am trying to organise a skiing trip to Andorra for the first week of February. There is about 15-20 of us going and we are trying to book it independantly as the flights are cheap to Barcelona at this time.

Could anyone recommend good places to go in Andorra and some accomadation? Is Andorra a good place to go to? Is there good apres ski there? Most of us are beginners.

Alternatively if there are any other suggestions of places to go other then Andorra then would be happy to hear them. Basically our budget is about €600 so trying to stick to that.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

gafferino wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend good places to go in Andorra and some accomadation?
    I have only been to Pas De La Casa (and got a glimpse of Soldeu) but I would heartily recommend Andorra.

As for accommodation, you can find a lot of chalets if you look around. We were actually gonna go back to Andorra this season, and we had our eye on some of these properties:

http://www.hola-andorra.com/arinsal/english/apartgb.html

Is Andorra a good place to go to? Is there good apres ski there? Most of us are beginners.
    Terrific place to go, depending on where you go you can get dual lift passes (eg, the Pas De La Casa lift pass works in Soldeu) so you can trek around the different resorts.

As for apres ski, well, there was not a whole lot in truth. Again, I can't comment on other resorts besides Pas De La Casa, but it was slim pickings there. If you do go, however, look out for a place called the Underground. That was a great night out. If you're interested in shopping, particularly electronics, you'll love Andorra because it is tax-free.

Andorra is also excellent for beginners.
    Alternatively if there are any other suggestions of places to go other then Andorra then would be happy to hear them. Basically our budget is about €600 so trying to stick to that.

It might work out cheaper going independent, but if you're beginners and you have to rent the gear/school on top of lift passes, as well as the painful transfer from Barcelona to Andorra, you might be pushed to get everything for €600. But Andorra is the perfect place if you're looking for cheap. Livigno in Italy is also tax-free, but the cost of living in Andorra is absolutely next to nothing.

Good luck booking everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Could anyone recommend good places to go in Andorra and some accomadation? Is Andorra a good place to go to? Is there good apres ski there? Most of us are beginners.

We stayed in Soldeu for a couple of years in a row so I love the place. By the end we knew the bar staff so well, we always had fun.

If you can book it try and get "Hotel Bruxelles" (Sp?) in Soldeu. Its a fantastic little hotel, very close to the ski lift, does great food and the Staff are really nice french blokes.

If you dont like Andorra try Livigno Italy its quite similar to Andorra and you can get cheap accomodation. I organised a trip this year for Late Jan thats costing 410 - 480 each. (Not Including Ski/Rental, lift pass of course)

Advertisement