Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WFS? How does it affect you?

• 17-11-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Miserable, bored, depressed?
    Is your out of control spending merely an attempt to cover up your loss of interest in the expensive things in life?
    Do you feel obliged to take bigger and bolder physical and financial risks just to get an ever reducing buzz?
    You could be suffering from the debilitating and crippling condition WFS.

Here are some signs to watch out for.
    The latest gadget/toy/accessory doesnt even raise a quiver of interest.
    Your Bugatti/Lamborghini is last months model.
    Your 100ft yacht looks like a dinghy to some of the others on the pier.
    Your day job is just about staying rich.
    More than 2 of the above & you are definitely suffering from WFS.

Wealth Fatigue Syndrome

I was innoculated against wealth at an early age so have managed to avoid any serious infection and barring mishap should be safe for a few years yet.
    Avoiding over paid jobs in high finance etc is also a good way to steer clear of early onset WFS.
    Having kids, gambling, and doing stuff half ar$ed are also effective ways of building up your immunity to chronic WFS.
    Avoid checking results if you play Lotto/Euromillions as this could lead to a sudden onset of rare but acute WFS

Do you think you could (or should) be suffering from this condition, have any views or experience or interested in forming a support group? Have your to efforts combat this appalling condition been successful or not?
    Feel free to share.

http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/news/757862/are-suffering-from-wealth-fatigue-syndrome/
    http://www.nysun.com/article/66403

If you do suffer from WFS, dont worry, you may not be alone.
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2007/1117/breaking17.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Poppy Cock

feckin spambots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Poppy Cock wrote: »
    feckin spambots.
    ???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    not a sufferer then? ffs methinks you didnt get below line one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

How do I contract this syndrome?

How do I contract this syndrome?
    if you have to ask, you cant afford (to contract) it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

No...I think for an antidote to this nasty disease, you need to send me a biopsy (preferably one that consists of 50 euro notes in a suitcase).;)

I shall do extensive testing on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Luckily I'm on the breadline, so my major worries focus on debt, keeping a job, etc.

Phew, never realised I was so lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

More like work fatigue syndrome...

No...I think for an antidote to this nasty disease, you need to send me a biopsy (preferably one that consists of 50 euro notes in a suitcase).;)

I shall do extensive testing on them.
    I'd love to oblige but unfortunately I had one of those 100 year vaccinations and my anti wealth antibodies are pretty high right now. I'd be willing to swap a pint of said antibody laden blood for a few mill for research if it will help the noble cause to rehabilitate or cure any sufferers.
    (almost said poor sufferers)
    I have a feeling there are not too many of said sufferers hanging around boards. Dont be shy (pun intended) ;)

Advertisement