Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas pudding!!

• 17-11-2007 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am just wondering if it is possible to cook a Christmas pudding in the microwave. I have just made 3 pudding and have 2 on the hob steaming away. The last one is small and I really don't want to have to steam it too. Should I try the microwave. and how long should I cook it for. I do know it is very easy to burn pudding in the microwave when reheating it. Any suggestions?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

My first instinct here is - don't even attempt it!!! Either do it on the hob or steam it in the oven. It's not a job that can be rushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Interesting question. I never tried that but I'd say it's probably a no-no. The only quick way I know to cook Christmas Pudding is in a pressure cooker. Even then it still takes a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

don't even think about it, sister tried it 2 years ago,in microwave, and nearly blew the windows out, must have used petrol instead of stout

Advertisement