Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please read help neeed

• 17-11-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hope you can sgead some light on this?

Just bought Assasins Creed yesterday (xbox360), was playing it for about 10mins and then the game crashed!! So turned it back on same thing happened again,

So i tried COD4 which has been working perfectly for the last week, not its happening with this game!

But when i play FIFA08 on xbox360 its fine!!

The xbox360 i have now is a brand new one which was replaced by Microsoft after the old one broke down 3months ago.

Why is this happening? Can i update my Xbox to stop Assasins Creed and COD4 from Crashing or is this going to lead to the dreeded red ring of death!!!

I heard there is a place in dublin that fixes 360's

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

dont know the cause of the problem. but one piece of advice

whatever you do, do not bring it to a 3rd party to get it "fixed" especially if its only brand new and this will pretty much mean you've lost all future rights to a replacement or refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The same happened me last year when I played Gears Of War. Bring it back now before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Sounds borked alright, if it was a pc, i'd say the graphics accelator is overheating, COD and AC will be more graphics intensive, so it'll crash out quicker. 2 dodgy 360#s in 3 months, ouch!!! Do what dman says return it and get it back before xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Are you sure it's a brand new one? Microsoft usually give you back a refurbished console as a replacement (as was the case with mine which broke again). Anyway, send it back to them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Hello,

I have just been onto microsoft about the console to organise pickup of it, she asked me what the problem was with the console and i explained what was happening.:(:(

She said that this issue is not hardward it is a Patch that needs to be updated, she said that customers in UK and ireland are having the same problem.,i wasn't the only one.:mad:

I asked when this would be sorted out, she said that it could take up to 1 month and that i would be informed by email when the update was ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

How the hell can they sell games to customers knowing that its not going to work!!:mad:

Because the online on playstations isn't as good as Xbox i would be F***King the xbox out and gertting a PS3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Hello,

I have just been onto microsoft about the console to organise pickup of it, she asked me what the problem was with the console and i explained what was happening.:(:(

She said that this issue is not hardward it is a Patch that needs to be updated, she said that customers in UK and ireland are having the same problem.,i wasn't the only one.:mad:

I asked when this would be sorted out, she said that it could take up to 1 month and that i would be informed by email when the update was ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

How the hell can they sell games to customers knowing that its not going to work!!:mad:

Because the online on playstations isn't as good as Xbox i would be F***King the xbox out and gertting a PS3

Call back, get onto a different agent, restate your problem only this time say 'my xbox keeps crashing when i play any game, after about 10 minutes it freezes' (technically, youre not lying).
    That thing about a patch is bullcrap, your xbox is overheating and freezing, the freezing is generally an early sign of the RROD.

I would be suprised if it is over heating all the other games work fine and i have a fan connected onto the back of the box to cool it down.

In saying that why did COD4 work perfectly for a week then when i started playing ASSASINS creed this started to happen?

It does point in the direction of a cache issue i haven't had a problem with me xbox up to the point when i started to play ASSASINS creed, but why would it start affecting my other games? that would point to a hardware issue

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

i have a fan connected onto the back of the box to cool it down.

I've heard these can cause problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I would be suprised if it is over heating all the other games work fine and i have a fan connected onto the back of the box to cool it down.

In saying that why did COD4 work perfectly for a week then when i started playing ASSASINS creed this started to happen?

It does point in the direction of a cache issue i haven't had a problem with me xbox up to the point when i started to play ASSASINS creed, but why would it start affecting my other games? that would point to a hardware issue

Those fans draw power from the 360, thus causing it to overheat MORE than if it were not there.
    It is a hardware problem, certain parts of certain games seem to aggrevate the problem more than others (e.g. for me and lots of others it was a part in The Darkness) but it will get worse and result eventually in 3RROD.
    I'd try it without the fan first to see if it is the main cause of the overheating, if not, send it back.

I've had this fan connected for the last 4 months and not a problem!

Should i just hold on for the "UPDATE"? and see what happens?

Why would they just delay the innevitable?

• Advertisement

Just disconnected the fan, now itr won't even let me play 2 mins of the game before it crashes!!!

But it will let me play fifa08 no problem, this is weird! it can't be a hardwarew issue now, it must be a cache or pache issue,Whats the difference between Cahce and Patch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a Hardware issue for absolute certain. Send it back to microsoft as soon as possible. This thing about a patch is absolute bull since Assassins Creed is working fine for everyone else. Your hardware is overheating and you will have a 3RROD problem in the next few weeks. The reason that the console doesn't overheat in Fifa and CoD4 is that these games are far less hardware intensive than Assassins Creed and Gears of War. Holding out will be just deny you playing these games until you eventually get a 3RROD error.

hi,

Was just onto Microsoft, they did all there usual crap about testing this testing that on my console.:confused:

Basically she said that this was a hardware issue that would have to be fixed!!

She then went onto say that my warrenty had run out even thought this console i only got baclkfrom Mircosoft 4 months ago or so after getting the RROD, This is when i started to lose the rag, :mad:

I told here that i was given a 3 year warranty fo the new xbox, she replied by saying that the 3 year warranty was for xboxs that got the RROD any other issue with the xbox that had to be fixed only had a 3 month warrenty. (I nearly blew a Gaskit:mad:), she said that my warrenty had just run out but they would fix it free of charge ( thanks a lot!!:rolleyes:) she said when i get the xbox back that there will be a new 3 months warrenty on it!!

Am i over acting when i say that this crowd are a pack of B****DS!!?:mad:

Games aren't even loading now looks like this is just going to get worse, i have rang micro to update ticket to highlight this fact.

They said it could take up to 15 working days to get the box back, does it usually take that long or is it shorter?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They extended the warranty by 3 years for RROD issues only but by EU law they have to have a 3 year warranty on all electrical goods. If there are anymore problems you could bring this up. Hope you don't have any more issues, I'm dreading the day I see a RROD on my 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Send it off as soon as you can before Christmas post because last year it took me a month and a half to get back :(
    Things like this remind me why I sold the 360 and the pain I went through with it.

Thanks for the replies people

Yeah just waiting for the UPS Labels to be posted to me. Then i will get it off asap.

Hopefully this will be the last issue i will have but i doubt it!!!

Its a pity because this has really turned me off Microsoft, i won't be recommending anyone to get a 360.

I will let you's know how i get on with updates

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Got a premium on Thursday and was playing COD4 online last night for about 4 hours and it froze up on me. This better not be the beginning of problems on such a new machine. I feel your pain Robbie and hope you get sorted out quick

Chers DjKeogh

Advertisement