Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hungover

• 17-11-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

cazzy is sick as a dog with a hangover

any good cures ? stomach in bits, headache, hot and cold flushes.

Was supposed to be gong out tonight also but there isnt a hope of that happening - cant move off the couch

Any one else hungover ? It will be turbridy tonight 4 me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I find the best thing for a hangover is more alcohol, seriously. I don't seem to get hangovers though, so I rarely have that problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

cazzy wrote: »

Was supposed to be gong out tonight also but there isnt a hope of that happening - cant move off the couch

A dirty big fry or a greasy chinese. The best thing to do is eat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I cant understand how people can do that
    id definitely get sick
    i can hardly type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Hair of the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Bottle of powerade and a spliff.. Sorts you right out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Cazzy the best thing I find is a fry or a breakfast roll......or some sort of fast food with a bottle or can of coke.But its everyone to thir own my mate swears by a smoothie from one of those juice bars.Ideally do lots and lots of water do because you are probably highly dehydrated! And serves you right aswell!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It will be turbridy tonight 4 me.

Haven't you suffered enough?

humbert wrote: »
    Haven't you suffered enough?

:D

That would put you through sobriety and out the other side as Terry Pratchett would say.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Just drink a pint of water before you go to sleep if your capable of operating a tap. And then just sleep and sleep for 10-12 hours and when you wake up you wont be hungover.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Water, Fresh orange juice is good, I also find Pizza great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's a bit late now, but next time - take some multivitamins before you go out (it doesn't stop you from getting a hangover, but it makes it hurt a lot less) and drink water before you go to sleep.

I'd also recommend the greasy, stodgy, carb-y food and a (diet) coke to cut through the grease, plus gallons of water. Try Rennies for the acid, and for the head Solpadeine (or however you spell it) is supposed to be the hangover cure favoured by alcoholics, but be careful as it contains codiene, like Neurofen Plus, which is addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

<Father Ted>
    Ted: MORE DRINK
    Chinese: HURRAY!
    </Father Ted>

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Water drink lots of it, and for next time, drink a pint of water before you go to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

|Cookies wrote: »
    how can you remeber to do that though =/

when im in the door its a stop to the toilet and then fall onto anything soft!

Countless sick days after made me remember, all a hangover is is dehydration so I remember every time.
    Haven't had a hangover in years since doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

• A messy burger and chips from the chippers
    • Fry with runney egg and big mug of coffee
    • Big bag of crisps or something like that with a couple of bottles of lucozade sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Statso wrote: »
    Just drink a pint of water before you go to sleep if your capable of operating a tap. And then just sleep and sleep for 10-12 hours and when you wake up you wont be hungover.

one pint simply is never enough for me... i'd have to drink a two litre bottle at least.

for the hangover itself? i dunno... i think ice cream in the past has worked for me. I get hangover's pretty bad though (when i've a hangover i literally can't do anything), and when i do i just tend to try and sleep through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I was hungover this morning because I forgot to drink the 3 pints of water I normally do before I fall asleep after a night out :(
    Woke up in some state this morning and got a greasy chicken roll. Followed by a banana(they are rich in potassium and you lose a lot of potassium when drinking). Lucozade then lots of water consumed. I then did a good workot at the gym(was feeling guilty...), sweated out the alcohol. Home now & having a bottle of coke & have a pizza in the oven. Feeling a lot better.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

one pint of water before bed doesnt do it for me, i usually have about 3, basically drink as much water as i can before bed. i struggle to sleep late so im usually very tired the next day but no hangover as such. Once you start doing the water thing it becomes habit...a bit like eating at closing time so u never forget. if you do have a hangover a good hot curry seems to do the job oh and some lucazade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

As much water as possible before going to bed (I find I need far more than just a pint of water) and bring a full bottle to bed with you - as big a bottle as you can get. Dehydration doesn't just cause a mouth like a thatched roof and unquenchable thirst, it's also why you get a dreadful headache.
    Think the nausea might be caused by alcoholic poisoning rather than dehydration.
    But most aspects of a hangover are caused by dehydration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Had a really bad one today.
    I went out for the paper and thought i was going to drop dead.

Took a few happy pills.
    The hangover is still there, but I don't care about it now.
    That's not for everyone though. Only those with the proper prescription.

For those who can't get happy plls, more drink is the answer.

Speaking of which, it's beer O'Clock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hair of the dog.
    Hair of the Fox is even better, I've been told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

A good greasy fry up, pint of water, Berocca tablet & 2 x Nurofen Plus does the trick for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Alessandra wrote: »
    I was hungover this morning because I forgot to drink the 3 pints of water I normally do before I fall asleep after a night out :(
    Woke up in some state this morning and got a greasy chicken roll. Followed by a banana(they are rich in potassium and you lose a lot of potassium when drinking). Lucozade then lots of water consumed. I then did a good workot at the gym(was feeling guilty...), sweated out the alcohol. Home now & having a bottle of coke & have a pizza in the oven. Feeling a lot better.:o

LOL - why you go to gym if your just going to stuff your face wuth crap after it

Hair of the Fox is even better, I've been told.

Fed-exes B!ue a lock from the friendly neighbourhood Fox.;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DDaccidental

Couch, Duvet, Dvd and Tub of Ice cream..Ben and Jerry's usually does the trick. If not, head to the pub and force a pint down your neck! The thought might be enough to make your guts clench will it'll sort you out in no time;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DDaccidental

Youl could also try shaggin fot the day. This also helps:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

empirix wrote: »
    LOL - why you go to gym if your just going to stuff your face wuth crap after it

I allow one day a week where I can eat what i want, allow for hangover etc. I'd be a feckin saint otherwise:rolleyes:The other 6 I eat normally and workout/jog. Actually at my fittest now:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

drink less

:D

only messing, had two quite heavy sessions this weekend, was following the rally, so was up early on the following mornings, the fresh air and walking a few kms though a feild really cleared my head

only exhaustion now keeping me in

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

.....eugh! I'm still not 100% since major session Friday night. And my god, I've never seen so many leering sex-starved men all in the same room (rally weekend where I am so they're here from all over). Ended up drinking until about 8:30am yesterday morning (I love leering sex-starved men! :D ) Thought I was going to die yesterday with sheer exhaustion. I've never had such a dry mouth, I was sipping water all day long but it didn't help. Every time my pint glass was empty my throat felt like it was going to stick together again :( Was couch, massive duvet and pints and pints of water for me all day/evening - oh and two pain-killers as soon as I got up! Wow, but those fireworks really gave me a pain in my head last night (had to bring daughter to see them - ow! And so many people, was so scared I'd meet people I know and actually have to string an adult sentence together, kept my head down)

Advertisement