Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self cleaning glass

Options
  • 17-11-2007 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any direct experience of self cleaning glass . How good did you find it in practice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

My "Pilkington-K" PVC windows are 100% self cleaning and it really works.
    You clean them yourself 100% of the time.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

GreeBo, is it a scam? I'm thinking of getting them in, but not if it is a waste of money , my windows are mankey on the outside at the moment :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

well if you are getting new windows they are probably going to be pilkington-k anyway, AFAIK they arent doing anything special to them to make the self-cleaning (or charging you extra) I just dont believe it works very well.

They say the surface of the glass reacts to the sun to loosen the dirt and then that the rain washes the dirt off, lets just say that this is not my experience.

Advertisement