Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Maynooth open day ??? anyone

Options
  • 17-11-2007 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Anyone going to the open day at NUI Maynooth on saturday from here ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Our lazy careers guidence councellar thought it was enough to only go to the ones in Limerick (and they were all on the same day...) and Limerick is only 10mins away. So Maynooth is out of the question for me, my brother goes there and I've seen it, none of the courses really interest me, plus the campus is nice but tiny.

We did go to UCC at the end of 5th year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yep there's 52 of us heading down on the Friday. Doubt I'll study there though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

It's on saturday 24th lads, is it?

The Walsho wrote: »
    It's on saturday 24th lads, is it?
    We're heading down Friday the 23 so yeah it must be on the Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Thanks a lot for clarifying. NUIM is the college closest to my school, and most of our students will be going there, and yet I didn't know about this open day. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'll probably go. I'm thinking of going there so why not. Not sure if I'll head out on Friday or Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Woop_01

Jakkass wrote: »
    I'll probably go. I'm thinking of going there so why not. Not sure if I'll head out on Friday or Saturday.

What are you considering to studying there ??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Xhristy wrote: »
    Ya well that might be easy for you to say, but I am living in Limerick, and its quiet a distance, plus I already said NUIM didnt have any courses that I was interested in, so why don't you watch who you call a ''tool''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

There are trains going from Limerick to Kildare, how close that is to Maynooth, I am not sure.

I may head over, as I've never been to NUIM and MIGHT (most likely not, terrible distance from where I live) go there. Unfortunately, IADT open day is on the same day so I'll have to figure out how to do both of them in the same day. Can't do one on Friday because we've a school trip. Alas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Woop_01 wrote: »
    What are you considering to studying there ??? :)

Arts with Computer Science as one of the options.
    There are trains going from Limerick to Kildare, how close that is to Maynooth, I am not sure.

Too far (45+ minutes). You'd be better off going to Heuston and getting a bus (66, or 67) which goes to Maynooth village from the bus stop beside the car dealerships that are near the train station (Parkgate?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

We went to dcu from sligo for the day last friday.

Why, I dont know. DCU = not for me.

We'll be going to the Trinty one too I think

We'll be going to the Trinty one too I think

When is that actually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

1huge1 wrote: »
    Our lazy careers guidence councellar thought it was enough to only go to the ones in Limerick (and they were all on the same day...) and Limerick is only 10mins away. So Maynooth is out of the question for me, my brother goes there and I've seen it, none of the courses really interest me, plus the campus is nice but tiny.

Eh did you see the whole thing, north and south? Its not small by any stretch.

Xhristy wrote: »
    Yay... another day off school :).

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

staying in dublin near IADT on friday night, going to the Dun Laoighre open day in the morning, then heading over to maynooth before its over, and then back to Carrick on Shannon to go out!
    Went to DCU last weekend, I'm seriously considering it (computer spplications)

Advertisement