Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moblie Home Sites, & Buying

• 17-11-2007 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Hey just another one of my madcap ideas here, was wondering what i would i be looking at to buy and pay maintenence fees on a mobile home in the sunny south east? I be wanting to buy Mobile for about 1500-2300 and remodel it and a nice veranda.

Suggestions?

Thanks -VB-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You could start by putting an engine into it ...then you would be in the right forum :D:D:D

I'll leave this in for the time being, we'll see if you can get any answers here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

peasant wrote: »
    You could start by putting an engine into it ...then you would be in the right forum :D:D:D

I'll leave this in for the time being, we'll see if you can get any answers here.

:o sorry i knew this wasnt the right one for the question but it was the closest fourm i could find to ask the type of question.

-VB-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

As a starting point why dont you ring dome of the mobile home parks in the area that you are looking at

alternatively as you have been advised, put an engine in it and become truely "mobile" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Hey just another one of my madcap ideas here, was wondering what i would i be looking at to buy and pay maintenence fees on a mobile home in the sunny south east? I be wanting to buy Mobile for about 1500-2300 and remodel it and a nice veranda.

Suggestions?

Thanks -VB-

The site in Ardmore, Co. Waterford is being sold and all the mobiles have to be moved. Major hassle on Joe Duffy show a few months back . Definitely some will be going cheap there as they all have the same problem - where to relocate them to. The other park owners operate a "cartel" whereby they insist on you buying from their recommended dealer (they get no kickbacks of course ) and upgrading at a certain age on the mobile.

Most charge from c. €1800 to €2500 per season to include electricity. Apparently the decks are supposed to be removed as they are now considered a fire hazard. Thus there may be a lot of decking going cheap as well but still the same problem of where to put it.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Advertisement