Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yeah, I haven't bought anything for a while, but the thing is my pics were usually sucky camera phone jobbies, I actually got a lend of a decent camera for that pic! You can actually see my gear! :pac:
    Well when you put it that way.... nice gear hungus ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Well, it's no Gretsch! :rolleyes: :D Stick a bigsby on it and I might look at it again. :p

Are you trying to make me vomit through my nose or something!? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Are you trying to make me vomit through my nose or something!? :pac:

Yes. :p :pac:

Well you have 3 prs guitars, you have my vote haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nahguavkire

Patricide wrote: »
    Well you have 3 prs guitars, you have my vote haha.

Four actually!!

PRS Santana SE Hardtail
    PRS Santana SE Tremolo
    PRS Custom 22
    PRS Tremonti SE (w/ Seymour Duncan '59 and Seymour Duncan Dimebucker)

Ibanez RGT 220A Prestige (w/ Custom Rising Sun Stain)
    Squier Custom HH Hollowbody Telecaster

Collings OM2H
    Takamine EGS 330 SC
    Takamine TC 132 SC
    Taylor Baby
    Taylor 745 CE

Fender P-Bass
    Cort GB24

Fender FM 62 SCE Mandolin
    Early 1900's Fench Teardrop Mandolin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Den_M wrote: »
    Just bought a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser from Boards.ie's own Deadskin.
    That Edwards he posted above must have been the reason for selling! ;)
    Delighted with the Schecter - looks great, feels great, sounds great.

IMG_0054.jpg

The iPhone built-in camera can sure take a good picture..

Yep that was the reason.
    Good to hear she made the trip alright, take care of her ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Thumbs up for the Edwards and Schecter. Nice! :)

Some proper pictures of my latest geetar! Fender Telecaster Deluxe '72 RI FSR

telecasterdeluxe.jpg

telecasterdeluxeback.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Nice Tele and nice SG. :)

o i quite fancy that sg!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Nothing looks classier than a cherry red SG. They look the business. How do you rate the Bare Knuckles punchdrunk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

cheers lads :D

the neck pickup is the best "hot PAF" I've ever heard,responds to the vol pot extremely well and if you play alot of rhythm like i do then you'll love it

the bridge pickup is the most responsive i've ever heard,so much so that it's bringing out all the problems in my sloppy playing,the dynamics off it are astounding! i also put on a tone pro's bridge and tail piece set so i'm not sure tonally how much to attribute to that but it's definitely acoustically louder now aswell, tons of sustain and the bridge is rock solid
    I'm a happy man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Doctor J wrote: »
    Thumbs up for the Edwards and Schecter. Nice! :)

Quote for truth. Very nice. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I think this is the first time I've had GAS for one of your guitars voodoo. I like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Cheers! Its a brand called Fedner (Ferden?), I hear they're pretty popular with the kids these days :confused:

Gonna see if I can shove a floyd rose in there later on.

Ah it was going so well :pac:

Nice one. They are sweet guitars. How are you getting on with the scallops?

Nice one. They are sweet guitars. How are you getting on with the scallops?
    Very little adjustment needed tbh, I was very surprised about that. You have the sensation of only playing on the strings, which feels a little unusual, but thats about it. Vibrato feels very free and easy, and you can get a good grip on higher strings quite easily. I thought it would be hard to keep chords in tune, but I reckon you'd need to be using very light strings for that to happen.

Not a major revelation, just slightly different, quite fun to play :)

But a lot faster, right? :p

My first guitar had been scallopped from the 12th fret up by its original owner, it took a while for me to get used to them not being there on other guitars. The prospect of scallops on the lower frets has always been intriguing but not something I'd really looked at seriously, I always thought they'd be just wrong for chords. Cool.

Cheers! Its a brand called Fedner (Ferden?), I hear they're pretty popular with the kids these days :confused:

If thats a Ferden then it's a parts guitar. It's what a lot of guys over at TDPRI.com do when they build a guitar, so it looks like a Fender but up close you can see its not. :)

• Advertisement

Dord wrote: »
    If thats a Ferden then it's a parts guitar. It's what a lot of guys over at TDPRI.com do when they build a guitar, so it looks like a Fender but up close you can see its not. :)

Er yes. Its a Fender.
    But a lot faster, right?
    Roughly 27% faster alright. And heres me thinking that Yngwie fella actually had some skill, its all in the scallops :pac:

Axe looks sweet. Ive always wanted to try a scalloped board.. not something you come accross much though!

DeanML wrote: »
    Just Got this

Cool, 24 fret EVH style, I like that a lot.

Who made it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

DeanML wrote: »
    Just Got this

What is it? A Charvel?

Oooh, didn't realise it was a 24 fret EVH. His original was 22 wasn't it? (which is now buried with Dimebag)

Different quitar.

http://www.metalsucks.net/?p=3422
    In December 2004 at Dimebag Darrell's funeral, Eddie donated his famous black and yellow guitar from the Van Halen II album inlay, stating that Dimebag had always said that was his all time favorite guitar. The guitar was put in Darrell's Kiss coffin, and he was buried with it.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Van_Halen

• Advertisement

In December 2004 at Dimebag Darrell's funeral, Eddie donated his famous black and yellow guitar from the Van Halen II album inlay, stating that Dimebag had always said that was his all time favorite guitar. The guitar was put in Darrell's Kiss coffin, and he was buried with it.[11]

What a waste of a good guitar. They should have just stuck Eddie in there instead:pac:

Cruel.

Ah yeah, the yellow and black one. My bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nice score man. Wilky trem, and a very nice colour indeed.

Eggle goodness. Nice :)

This weekend I said goodbye strat, hello Streamer :pac:

streamer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

dazberry wrote: »
    Won this beauty on ebay today - another 92 Eggle Berlin Pro - I just couldn't help myself - I've been GASing over it all week. I love my 92 "Salmon" (ok its actually known as Pink Glow) Berlin Pro, but man the sun burst just gets me :D. The typical Berlin Pro "in my mind" was always a sun burst (think this was known as cherry burst in the day). With a bit of luck I'll have it by Wednesday and please [deity] it arrives in one piece.

21062008.1.jpg

21062008.2.jpg

Damn you ebay! :D:D:D

D.

identical to the one mark from grand pocket orchestra had until he done a pete townshend on it on stage...

Eggle goodness. Nice :)

This weekend I said goodbye strat, hello Streamer :pac:

streamer.jpg
    Nice going, Hows the neck on the streamer? Is it anything like the tree trunk neck of the corvettes?

No, it's good. I was worried, the last time I played a Streamer was 1993, I've played a good few Warwicks since then and hated the necks, especially a Thumb 5 I tried and I don't know where to start with how awful I thought the neck was. This yoke is more like an old Jazz bass neck, it's big, but rounded. I like it. The Thumb 5 was almost squared at the back, just dreadful, but this thing is ok. They didn't only licence the shape from Spector either, the tone is pure Spector too, it's nothing like anything else I have, which is nice :)

Excellent! Glad to see it fixed up. Did you do the work yourself? How does it play? :)

No, it's good. I was worried, the last time I played a Streamer was 1993, I've played a good few Warwicks since then and hated the necks, especially a Thumb 5 I tried and I don't know where to start with how awful I thought the neck was. This yoke is more like an old Jazz bass neck, it's big, but rounded. I like it. The Thumb 5 was almost squared at the back, just dreadful, but this thing is ok. They didn't only licence the shape from Spector either, the tone is pure Spector too, it's nothing like anything else I have, which is nice :)

Actually I believe the design is licensed from Ned Steinberger. He was the one who designed the Spector bass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭koolkakool

Excellent! Glad to see it fixed up. Did you do the work yourself? How does it play? :)

yep, i did all the work myself. it wasn't too hard. seems to play good so far, although i'm not that at it good yet :). i'm still learning...:D

Actually I believe the design is licensed from Ned Steinberger. He was the one who designed the Spector bass.

Hence the NS, yes ;)

However, Stuart Spector owns the design, which is why the early Streamers had Licenced by Stuart Spector on them.

Nice! What colour is it? Goldtop?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Last Angry Man

Nice! What colour is it? Goldtop?

Yep Gold Top w/ florentine cutaway and light back. Oh and it's number 66 out of 1000 - I'm pretty pleased with myself TBH!

Very nice, love the cutaway, subtle difference but very easy on the eye!!
    Just thinking, never actually played a Les Paul with '57 pickups. I'd say it sounds sweet. Nice score LastAngryMan:cool:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

That's just sweet Last Angry Man. Don't wait so long to post pics in future and if you do then at least lie about when you got the guitar ;)

Oh, that looks shithot angry man, like the bigsby.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I'm getting my Dad's old Yamaha FG-150 refurbished with Derrick Nelson.
    Getting a Fishman(?) pickup installed too.

Now the guitar was in a right state, I can't wait to see the end result.

You don't wanna know how much it's costing me, it's mainly for sentimental reasons but I fully intend playing her alot!

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I'm getting my Dad's old Yamaha FG-150 refurbished with Derrick Nelson.
    Getting a Fishman(?) pickup installed too.

Now the guitar was in a right state, I can't wait to see the end result.

You don't wanna know how much it's costing me, it's mainly for sentimental reasons but I fully intend playing her alot!

I'd love to see how it turns out. Apparently that model is pretty good. Fetch quite a bit on fleabay.

I do like that Bigsby. Would be tempted to get one installed on my 135!

Nice which is your favoirte?

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Before you ask, the sparkly explorer - got a good deal (not surprised says you), it plays and sounds very nice. Would I be seen outside the house with it? Hell no. Long term plan is to sand off the finish and have a nice natural explorer but we'll see

Nooooooooo!!!
    I'd like to see better quality pics of it before you even contemplate any attempt of desparkle-isation :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I'm with Deadskin on that. Leave that baby alone. I also agree with not venturing outside the house with it but don't destroy it. "It's that way for a reason" didn't you mother ever tell you that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Haha fair enough, I'll post some better pics of it later on. If I had to pick a favourite, probably the PRS singlecut - it's dreamy. But different axes for different moods. The ESP is the metal axe, the Ibanez is for noodling, the G&Ls do what lovely strats do and the Gibbo Smartwood is is tuned to B with .13s. My girlfriend doesn't understand why they're all needed but they are :D

• Advertisement

Loving the sparkly explorer!!! Screams cheesseee!!!! Dont be taking off the finish on that yolk!!!

Advertisement