Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Doctor J wrote: »
    Yep, I know I sound like a broken record rabbiting about them but there's just something very, very special about them that I just don't feel on other instruments. I was interested to hear what you think about the pickups, I just love the sound of my ones, I rate their pickups as highly as the guitars.

Well I won't fall out with ya arguing, but I like yours a lot :D

Now about that new thread... ;)

Hey Doc, have you heard about Deviser's new branch. Deviser Special Division (DSD). They're making some new hot guitars, top of the range stuff. They've got 4 new brand names under the DSD section. STR Guitars, Stun Rise, Seventy Seven Guitars and Ladelux. :cool:

http://www.dsd-guitar.com

The japanese version has all the pictures, the english one has fupp all!. :)

Borat-VeryNice.jpg

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Thankee :)

I can't say enough nice things about this bass. Gonna be playing on a blues album in a month or two and there is no question about what I'll be using :D

Awesome, post a link to one of the songs when you can. I'd love to hear what it sounds like. :)

I've got a new bass in the stable too but it's currently in parts in boxes. ;)
    It's a pretty uncommon colour, but very very nice. :cool: I just have to get up off me arse and do some work on it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I know the feeling. I started building a J about two years ago. A couple of weeks ago I remembered it and started work on it again :D

• Advertisement

Hahaha....that's not much encouragement :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Ooooh I must post pictures of my recently defretted ATK! Turned out decently for a home done job i spose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

That is one sexy looking guitar alright, i'd love to hear how it sounds. What's the neck like? Fat?
    cheers mate
    the neck is pretty strat like,flatter than my gibbo's and tele's anyway,plays very easily
    it sounds like a tele mixed with a 335 with a bit of gretsch twang on the bridge pickup

That's a nice pink Eggle you got there! :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I need another Eggle!

Welcome to the family :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

now thats one savage collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

boycey - sweet. What strat is that. Love that blue colour strat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Boston B- thats a MIM 60's classic player. Blindingly good value as Fenders go. Theyre custom shop designed and mexican built.Probably as close to Fender custom shop as I'll ever get :o
    The colour is listed by Fender as 'Daphne Blue'- very similar to their 'Sonic Blue'. Theres a 50's one and the 60's one, different neck profiles and pickups- check them out .

boycey wrote: »
    Boston B- thats a MIM 60's classic player. Blindingly good value as Fenders go. Theyre custom shop designed and mexican built.Probably as close to Fender custom shop as I'll ever get :o
    The colour is listed by Fender as 'Daphne Blue'- very similar to their 'Sonic Blue'. Theres a 50's one and the 60's one, different neck profiles and pickups- check them out .

I was wondering. I'm not usually a strat guy but now I'm relearning the guitar I keep thinking of one. I checked one out in Goodwins and MusicMaker, (same as yours) and loved it but it was a bit too pricey for my budget. I always wanted a maple neck but that 60's one was much nicer to play. I ended up with a PRS SE in the sale instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

that LP with the P-90's is :pac:
    HAWT!!

Thank you Punchdrunk.
    Have to say your Reverend is hella nice too, its a brand that keeps drawing me back to their website lately. Them and First Act guitars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Boycey. Them there nice guitars! Tell me how different is the LP with the P90's compared to having humbuckers? Is it a completely different sound?

Thanks Quattroste, theyre not strictly P90's though. Theyre actually weird pickups only found on that one and, wait for it, the Billy Jo Armstrong Speers or whatever his name is dude from Greenday's LP Junior signature. Theyre H-90's!! Stacked P90's apparently, with push pulls on the tone knobs for coil splitting, so P90 tone in coil split mode or humbuckerish tone on normal setting. It does sound lovley, more cutting than a humbucker on either setting, the P90 sound is very good, the humbucker sound is good, little less balls than a full humbucker but nearly there, less muddy overall. Ive kind of slowly moved away from humbuckers over the last while, even the semi has SD Phat Cats- P90's in humbucker format. Ive kind of toyed with the idea of sticking Lollar P90s in the LP, only a completely non necessary notion though!

It may be awesome? but dammit, resize those pictures!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

i know!!..christ they came out big!...sorry people..

• Advertisement

Thanks Quattroste, theyre not strictly P90's though. Theyre actually weird pickups only found on that one and, wait for it, the Billy Jo Armstrong Speers or whatever his name is dude from Greenday's LP Junior signature. Theyre H-90's!! Stacked P90's apparently, with push pulls on the tone knobs for coil splitting, so P90 tone in coil split mode or humbuckerish tone on normal setting. It does sound lovley, more cutting than a humbucker on either setting, the P90 sound is very good, the humbucker sound is good, little less balls than a full humbucker but nearly there, less muddy overall. Ive kind of slowly moved away from humbuckers over the last while, even the semi has SD Phat Cats- P90's in humbucker format. Ive kind of toyed with the idea of sticking Lollar P90s in the LP, only a completely non necessary notion though!

Stacked P90's. Thats interesting, didn't know that.

Nice Gear Last Angry Man. That strat and tele make a handsome pair. BTW I think thats the first pedal steel we've seen on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Last Angry Man

Nice Gear Last Angry Man. That strat and tele make a handsome pair. BTW I think thats the first pedal steel we've seen on here.

Thats probably not a good thing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have ordered a new bass to go with my new amp. The new family shall be here shortly

if i were you id take out the for sale bits, mods done me in for that before, not trying to be an ass just trying to stop you from getting a temp ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Patricide wrote: »
    if i were you id take out the for sale bits, mods done me in for that before, not trying to be an ass just trying to stop you from getting a temp ban.

Hmm, it was very much an aside and a comment on the photo, didn't really come across as advertising or anything. It's up to fey and co of course, but I personally wouldn't read anything into that one.

Yea i know, didnt mean to overstep me boundrys hahaha, yea my ban was a fair bit more justified alright haha. My bad just one of those days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I just meant that they are currently part of my collection, but won't be for much longer. That is all.

That is a sweet sweet tele Don1. It almost makes up for the Limp Bizkit sticker on the strat!! Almost..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

As I explained in another thread with that pic in it, I've had that since I was 17, now 25, and a lot of the stickers can be explained away by a teenagers tastes! :D I asked forgiveness there too! You'll also notice that it says "f*ck" just in front of them! :D

Cheers for the Tele compliment though. Should here it going either straight into a Marshall (creamy) or through a (unfortunately only modelled) Mesa Dual Recto (loud as hell)

Advertisement