Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Umbrella Academy

Options
  • 17-11-2007 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi!
    I was just wondering If there was anywhere in Ireland i could possibly get The Umbrella Academy from?

Your help would be much appreciated:)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The dedicated stores should carry it (check here for more info); beyond that, you haven't told us where you are or whether you're looking to order online or just walk into a shop and pick it up off the shelf, so we can't really help much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Forbidden planet def have issues 1 and 2 [and if they have im sure the rest of the comic stores in ireland have it as well] If your looking to order online it can be purchased via Things from another world or check the books myspace page

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I know it's sold out in the 3rd Place, so be quick if you are looking for it. There's definitely lots of people out there trying to track it down.

the Shades wrote: »
    I know it's sold out in the 3rd Place, so be quick if you are looking for it. There's definitely lots of people out there trying to track it down.

they've had to reprint issue 1 due to the demand - i think the reprint has a different cover thou, so people might get confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ierosbabe

Thank you for replying!

I would prefer to go to a shop and buy it myself but will order online if I have to.

I didn't even know there was a forbidden planet in Ireland (as you have probably guessed I know nothing about comic books).

You mentioned The 3rd Place...where is this?

• Advertisement

cus I need a break from colouring :D Ta Da

dublincomicshops.gif

Red is Forbidden planet [i think might be a little bit further down towards the ha'penny bridge but you can't miss it]
    Green is the Third place [on crow street]
    Blue is Sub City [on exchequer street]

Purple does back issues/old comics and a pretty interesting selection of small press stuff but haven't a clue what its called.

Check the thread Fysh linked for the phone numbers for the shops and ring and check if they've got the book in stock, if they do any of the shops above will chuck it under the counter for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I know for a fact that the 3rd Place have already sold out. But if you ask them they'll keep a copy of any future issues for you so you won't miss any more. (As will the other shops mentioned, I just don't know if they've sold out or not)

there will prob be a collected trade at some point in the future if you don't want to go the single issue floppy route but you'll more then likely have to wait a while for it.

Advertisement