Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 17-11-2007 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

hi guys,
    I m thinking of getting a Meteor phone and was wondering If anyone new what there network coverage is like for Donegal, especially for Letterkenny and Ballybofey
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Meteor (now owned by Eircom) use the Vodafone infrastructure in this part of the Northwest to carry their signals, and this provides excellent coverage around the Ballybofey/Letterkenny areas.

"Meteor previously had a national roaming agreement with O2 Ireland which meant that when out of Meteor coverage, a Meteor customer could use O2 Ireland's network at no extra charge. This deal expired in February 2007, where Meteor customers in some parts of the western seaboard of Ireland, now roam on the Vodafone Ireland network, while Meteor continue to build coverage in those remote areas."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_(mobile_network)

icom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

I'm on Meteor and it works perfectly in Lkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

My wife is on Meteor and has no problems. She works in Ballybofey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

great looks like ill be going with meteor, i am with 3G worst company ever!! ,my mate tells me i might as well have a banana to my ear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

googlehead wrote: »
    my mate tells me i might as well have a banana to my ear!!!
    You're not that bad are you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

googlehead wrote: »
    my mate tells me i might as well have a banana to my ear!!!

Now there's an image!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

i think it has fairly good coverage

Advertisement