Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

question on vtr

Options
  • 17-11-2007 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

if i bring a car in UK and can't afford to pay vrt and if i bring it back there do i still have to pay vrt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

eh... yes.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Stephen wrote: »
    eh... yes.

:confused:

Assuming he means turnign straight back around and getting on the boat then no.If he doesnt register the car and sends it back to England, how would he have to pay VRT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I suppose that if the car gets repatriated to the U.K. before the 'next working day' bit of the VRT regulations expires, it'd all be above board.
    It'd be best to check with the VRT people, to be honest.

At least he's getting answers of some sort here, those a55holes over in Newbies/FAQ won't even reply. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sorry misread the question. I thought he asked if he brought in a UK car and couldn't afford to pay VRT would he not have to pay it? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 paulpaul

so do i have to or what's the story? thx for replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I could be wrong, but I think...

You cannot sell a UK registered car in Ireland without a TAN (Traders Account Number), could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

paulpaul wrote: »
    so do i have to or what's the story? thx for replies!
    Any chance you could repost your question a bit more clearly?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 paulpaul

i presume i do not have to pay the vrt once the car is back in UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

presumably not, but if the v5 has been signed over to you as export...then im not sure how you would re-register it in England.... surely there is a similiar system?

Advertisement