Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The ridiculously silly off topic brainfart thread.

• 17-11-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭

l'certain members' of velvet revolver not given visas to play japan because of certain incidents!!!!lol just as slash released his book.
    and these are the same people who allowed the crue into japan!! i think they learned their lesson after nikki sixx and tommy lee lol:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

They can come to Ireland instead!! Hahaha I'll be happy to see 'em!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, when they rescheduling for Ireland? Oh, wait, let me guess...February. Everything is on then (thats worth seeing anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would love to see them over here. Have already seen them on the current tour with Satellite Party as support. Great gig, Libertad is an awesome album live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

kona wrote: »
    certain members' of velvet revolver not given visas to play japan because of certain incidents!!!!

Well when they broke that smoking ban in Wales people laughed and said it was funny to see Slash pay a 50 pound fine, I suppose thats come back to bite them in the ass ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i was really looking forward to them when they were to play a certain gig in Marlay Park. Hope they do come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

compared to the 80s stuff the band members did, i feel that VR are losing it??they are a bit overrated too.??

compared to the 80s stuff the band members did, i feel that VR are losing it??they are a bit overrated too.??

Yeah, but then again, VR arent GnR/STP.

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah, but then again, VR arent GnR/STP.

but they kinda put out the same image, bit dissapointing, i reckon they make a killing if they went all out sleaze rock tbh, big demand....no bands...hence all the old bands reforming.

but they kinda put out the same image, bit dissapointing, i reckon they make a killing if they went all out sleaze rock tbh, big demand....no bands...hence all the old bands reforming.

Ah I do agree with you to some extent. Maybe they want to go further away from the "sleaze rock", away from their old bands, as thats what they'd be compared to even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Thats the biggest load of ball** i've heard, VR don't sound anything like Gn'r, and there image is totally changed considering they all had addictions back in the 80's and looked like tramps, there all tea leafers now all clean all sober, if anything there all chilled out and enjoying there success, if anything they have saved rock because of all this emo crap, but then again your prob still listening to bon jovi!!!!

• Advertisement

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Thats the biggest load of ball** i've heard, VR don't sound anything like Gn'r, and there image is totally changed considering they all had addictions back in the 80's and looked like tramps, there all tea leafers now all clean all sober, if anything there all chilled out and enjoying there success, if anything they have saved rock because of all this emo crap, but then again your prob still listening to bon jovi!!!!

good man, listen to some music and come back in a few years when youre older than 16 with a proper opinion.:rolleyes:

oh and read the thread from the sart,where did i say VR sounded like GnR???wtf??

btw look at temple bar, emo music is saving rock and roll at the moment, i aint a 'emo'(emo was a name given describe a 80s punk band by a magazine,its just been adopted by mcr etc and then the deadheads say it mean emotional, sure deadheads are dead inside:rolleyes:), there are waaaaaaaaaaaay more emos than sleaze rock heads.
    and yes im stil listening to the crue, poison, whitesnake, wasp, cinderella, skid row, warrant, faster pussycat, salty dog,...............just because its old music doesnt mean its ****, bon jovis 80s stuff is immense.
    sure you prob think arctic monkeys is the height of rock and roll taste(and still an indie band, just signed to a company)
    VR are sleaze rock, they drip of it, look at slash, if he was trying to get away from that image, why the hell would be launch a autobiography which is dripping with sleaze???
    btw bon jovi aint sleaze rock, take a look at motley crues lyrics, thats sleaze rock.

good man, listen to some music and come back in a few years when youre older than 16 with a proper opinion.:rolleyes:

oh and read the thread from the sart,where did i say VR sounded like GnR???wtf??

btw look at temple bar, emo music is saving rock and roll at the moment, i aint a 'emo'(emo was a name given describe a 80s punk band by a magazine,its just been adopted by mcr etc and then the deadheads say it mean emotional, sure deadheads are dead inside:rolleyes:), there are waaaaaaaaaaaay more emos than sleaze rock heads.
    and yes im stil listening to the crue, poison, whitesnake, wasp, cinderella, skid row, warrant, faster pussycat, salty dog,...............just because its old music doesnt mean its ****, bon jovis 80s stuff is immense.
    sure you prob think arctic monkeys is the height of rock and roll taste(and still an indie band, just signed to a company)
    VR are sleaze rock, they drip of it, look at slash, if he was trying to get away from that image, why the hell would be launch a autobiography which is dripping with sleaze???
    btw bon jovi aint sleaze rock, take a look at motley crues lyrics, thats sleaze rock.

Artic Monkeys!? ? ? ? don't think so i wouldn't dare have em on my ipod, have you read the slash book???? his time in gn'r was all sleazy but since he married pearla he has snapped out of his sleaze mode with a few slips addiction wise, then again you prob haven't read it cause there isn't enough pictures and too much text

Artic Monkeys!? ? ? ? don't think so i wouldn't dare have em on my ipod, have you read the slash book???? his time in gn'r was all sleazy but since he married pearla he has snapped out of his sleaze mode with a few slips addiction wise, then again you prob haven't read it cause there isn't enough pictures and too much text

id say there is more pictures in slashs than in the heroin diaries(far superior)actually. slash was nikkis little sidekick, in fact GnR were motleys bitch.......did you know nikki sixx was asked to produce appetite??? didnt think so.
    there is a difference between being a junkie and being sleazy actually:rolleyes:

Woah guys.... realx!! Haha... I'm not that old either, I'm 18 but I love VR, Bonjovi and GNR etc... I don't really think age has much to do with it. In fact they're my three fave bands!!! What a generalization... Hyn-zie... I love VR but I do admit to liking MCR too... Varied tastes I reckon. Anyway that's my point, we all like different things. Just making the point that not all jovi fans hate VR or MCR fans hate GNR.... Mixed tastes and all that jazz!!

And wasn't Libertad held up coz of some legal krap involving a VR band member and a recent visit to rehab??? They've just grown up a bit and learned a few lessons I think! Oooh I wish I had have been here for it all though.. Damn I was born too late!! .. :( hehehe...

Hahaha.... this post wasn't an invitation to attack me btw...just stating my musical preferences!!! (though after reading some of those comments I reckon u guys are gona slaughter me) :p

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Woah guys.... realx!! Haha... I'm not that old either, I'm 18 but I love VR, Bonjovi and GNR etc... I don't really think age has much to do with it. In fact they're my three fave bands!!! What a generalization... Hyn-zie... I love VR but I do admit to liking MCR too... Varied tastes I reckon. Anyway that's my point, we all like different things. Just making the point that not all jovi fans hate VR or MCR fans hate GNR.... Mixed tastes and all that jazz!!

And wasn't Libertad held up coz of some legal krap involving a VR band member and a recent visit to rehab??? They've just grown up a bit and learned a few lessons I think! Oooh I wish I had have been here for it all though.. Damn I was born too late!! .. :( hehehe...

Hahaha.... this post wasn't an invitation to attack me btw...just stating my musical preferences!!! (though after reading some of those comments I reckon u guys are gona slaughter me) :p

what the hell??? thats a load of crap!! fans of glam hate emos and thats a fact!!!

only messin!!!:p:D

Hahaha I must just be an exception to the rule!! YAY!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I didn't even realise VR had a new album until recently... I had a quick flick through it and it sounds rather shíte tbh. Although i didn't listen intensely or anything.

Listen to gravedancer.... :)

id say there is more pictures in slashs than in the heroin diaries(far superior)actually. slash was nikkis little sidekick, in fact GnR were motleys bitch.......did you know nikki sixx was asked to produce appetite??? didnt think so.
    there is a difference between being a junkie and being sleazy actually:rolleyes:

Yes i am aware and i actually read the Slash Autobiography and am reading Nikki Sixx's Heroine Diaries at the moment in which is shorter than Slash's, Slash hung around with him for like a year or something, i read "the dirt" as well, there was only like two or three mentioning's of slash in it, when Nikki Odeed in slash's hotel room he couldn't be seen around sixx as he was being blamed for it!!! Guns toured in america with them for a short while, oh and to put the record straight Nikki's book has more pictures and diagrams in it and less text so i'm sure you won't have too much trouble reading it!!!!! your starting to sound a little bit more like Nikki's/motley's Bit**.

Its ok to be openminded about music as everybody are entitled to there opinion except Bon Jovi and MCR fans, they suck ass!!!!!! :p

• Advertisement

... Sorry to disappoint you.. but I don't! :rolleyes:

Yes i am aware and i actually read the Slash Autobiography and am reading Nikki Sixx's Heroine Diaries at the moment in which is shorter than Slash's, Slash hung around with him for like a year or something, i read "the dirt" as well, there was only like two or three mentioning's of slash in it, when Nikki Odeed in slash's hotel room he couldn't be seen around sixx as he was being blamed for it!!! Guns toured in america with them for a short while, oh and to put the record straight Nikki's book has more pictures and diagrams in it and less text so i'm sure you won't have too much trouble reading it!!!!! your starting to sound a little bit more like Nikki's/motley's Bit**.

eh where in the diaries is there a ****ing diagram???
    and this aint a motley V gNr but the fact that i saw paradise city playing on popscene, is a good example as to who gNr are no where near the same league as motley.
    whats it with you and insulting my ability to read??? have you got issues or somthing?? youve mentioned it in the last two posts, fact of the matter is the VR are **** compared to what the members used to put out.
    in my opinion GnR are extremly over-rated, as is slash, i think its starting to show now, in my opinion the best thing that band did was break up before they released a really bad album, use your illusions were crap, there were enough decent songs on both to make one decent album. use your illusion should have been one album, i mean get in the ring(worst album filler ive ever heard).
    examples of utter ****e that GnR members are now
    Adlers appitite(or whatever) total bollix, the bloke cant even talk now, he should quit
    Slashs snakepit......Enough said
    VR...see above
    noone get even close to the praise GnR got
    as for axl and the new GnR, what a bluff, there is no new album, and it defo doesnt take a decade to get talented musicians up to the standard of the old GnR to be honest, 5mins is even too much.

This has turned from VR cancelling a Japan tour, to comparing Motley/GNR and how "sleaze" they are..nice job. All we want to know is when the hell are they rescheduling here by now(despite personally not liking the second album too much).

yes yes it has:mad: but i dont think its comparing how sleazey they are! i dont really care, motley are better, if you disagree, you may have a hearing problem.
    ah well i dont think that they will come here unless its a festival thing.

yes yes it has:mad: but i dont think its comparing how sleazey they are! i dont really care, motley are better, if you disagree, you may have a hearing problem.
    ah well i dont think that they will come here unless its a festival thing.

Ya see, now you're just being ignorant towards other peoples opinions, as if you're opinion is the right one. IMO, GnR are better than Motley. Then again, I do have a slight problem with bad hearing at the moment;). You came into this thread just to compare how VR are over-rated, after VR fans(myself included) wanted talk about their touring schedule.

If VR come here, I dont think it'd be a festival. They'd do their own show. If this isn't the case, I'd be very surprised!

Mushy wrote: »
    Ya see, now you're just being ignorant towards other peoples opinions, as if you're opinion is the right one. IMO, GnR are better than Motley. Then again, I do have a slight problem with bad hearing at the moment;). You came into this thread just to compare how VR are over-rated, after VR fans(myself included) wanted talk about their touring schedule.

If VR come here, I dont think it'd be a festival. They'd do their own show. If this isn't the case, I'd be very surprised!

eh chillax,:D
    i think motley are better, and thats that, you think GnR are better and thats that. i was trying to say VR would be better off upping the sleaze, there is a hole in that market at the moment.
    and im sorry to tell you this but i started the thread, YOU joined in:p

eh chillax,:D
    i think motley are better, and thats that, you think GnR are better and thats that. i was trying to say VR would be better off upping the sleaze, there is a hole in that market at the moment.
    and im sorry to tell you this but i started the thread, YOU joined in:p

Its the "hearing problem" statement that means you're dismissing other peoples opinions. Apart from that, I really dont care. Cant see VR changing now. It may disturb some people to see old(er) people do some sleazy stuff though:D

Ah!! This is getting entertaining... carry on!! :D

I doubt they'll come here for a festival. Surely they're big enough for their own show now??

Ah!! This is getting entertaining... carry on!! :D

I doubt they'll come here for a festival. Surely they're big enough for their own show now??

they would sell the point themselves no bother, but thats a shell at the moment:(
    other than that the other places are outdoors such as rds etc, i reckon we could see them tour either in a festival, OR as a package, like download, i know that the crue are looking to tour this summer as are metallica, so we could see them as a package.
    would have been nice to see em with bon jovi, but some dumbass has billed razorlight as support, prob the same dumbass who paired the fratellis with aerosmith( i think the irish music industry is retarded and one dimensional,this is another discussion altogether!)
    im not out to put down anybodys opinions, its kinda hard to get across my soense of humour on paper, it just comes across as me being a a$$hole:D:D

and good point bout em being old, but maybe thats the problem???they havnt evolved and just gone stale??

• Advertisement

Yeah can't say I'm too happy to hear razorlight are supporting them :rolleyes: Awww it'd be sooooooo kool if VR and Aerosmith played together!!!!! :eek: Bonjovi with VR woulda been heaven for me... Now if ALL THREE played together (I know it's never gona happan)... that just brings a tear to my eye!! *sniffle* Hahaha..

Advertisement