Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The ridiculously silly off topic brainfart thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

kona wrote: »
    they would sell the point themselves no bother, but thats a shell at the moment:(
    other than that the other places are outdoors such as rds etc, i reckon we could see them tour either in a festival, OR as a package, like download, i know that the crue are looking to tour this summer as are metallica, so we could see them as a package.
    would have been nice to see em with bon jovi, but some dumbass has billed razorlight as support, prob the same dumbass who paired the fratellis with aerosmith( i think the irish music industry is retarded and one dimensional,this is another discussion altogether!)
    im not out to put down anybodys opinions, its kinda hard to get across my soense of humour on paper, it just comes across as me being a a$$hole:D:D

and good point bout em being old, but maybe thats the problem???they havnt evolved and just gone stale??

I don't think Nikki Sixx would enjoy any moment of supporting bon jovi, he f?ckin hates them, i thought tommy was leaving or something????

they would sell the point themselves no bother, but thats a shell at the moment:(
    other than that the other places are outdoors such as rds etc, i reckon we could see them tour either in a festival, OR as a package, like download, i know that the crue are looking to tour this summer as are metallica, so we could see them as a package.
    would have been nice to see em with bon jovi, but some dumbass has billed razorlight as support, prob the same dumbass who paired the fratellis with aerosmith( i think the irish music industry is retarded and one dimensional,this is another discussion altogether!)
    im not out to put down anybodys opinions, its kinda hard to get across my soense of humour on paper, it just comes across as me being a a$$hole:D:D

and good point bout em being old, but maybe thats the problem???they havnt evolved and just gone stale??

When did Fratellis support Aerosmith? if i remember Chris Cornell Supported Them and the Fratellis Supported Kaiser Cheifs!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

i may be wrong, i didnt pay much attention to the support because i thought it was ****!
    em chris cornell defo did support, as he was decent, im almost sure it was the fratellis that supported too??? it was some generic radio crap anyways.
    point being, support for these bands is always poor!

taut you read the dirt and the diaries, nikki has no probs with bon jovi, he just hates bon jovis music,(i wouldnt say steve tyler and joe perry liked the fratellis either) as hanging out goes, they are cool.
    it all stems from, doc mcghee and his drug dealing problems and the moscow music festival, when he basically lied to the crue, to get them on the bill, so he could get bon jovi to play to a sold out stadium, funny how the crue sorted heaps of bands out!!
    watched welcome to the videos last nite, GnR in my opinion only had 3 class songs, Live and let die(which they didnt write), Welcome to the jungle(wow they looked very motley lol) and Paradise city(best song they have written)

i may be wrong, i didnt pay much attention to the support because i thought it was ****!
    em chris cornell defo did support, as he was decent, im almost sure it was the fratellis that supported too??? it was some generic radio crap anyways.

taut you read the dirt and the diaries, nikki has no probs with bon jovi, he just hates bon jovis music,(i wouldnt say steve tyler and joe perry liked the fratellis either) as hanging out goes, they are cool.
    it all stems from, doc mcghee and his drug dealing problems and the moscow music festival, when he basically lied to the crue, to get them on the bill, so he could get bon jovi to play to a sold out stadium, funny how the crue sorted heaps of bands out!!
    watched welcome to the videos last nite, GnR in my opinion only had 3 class songs, Live and let die(which they didnt write), Welcome to the jungle(wow they looked very motley lol) and Paradise city(best song they have written)

Yeah i did read it! seriouly but Guns n Roses have more classic's, Estranged? It's So Easy, Mr Brownstone? November Rain? etc etc, All of motley's early stuff is panzie's stuff no interest at all, some of Girls album is ok, Feelgood is, the only thing after that in which i could stand was "Sick Love Song" what a killer riff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

It was The Feeling. They were ****.

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »

It was The Feeling. They were ****.

good man !!!! i knew it began with a F!!

it was the feeling, and as expected they were ****, i think somebody got kicked out for throwing somthing at them??? wish it was me!

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Yeah i did read it! seriouly but Guns n Roses have more classic's, Estranged? It's So Easy, Mr Brownstone? November Rain? etc etc, All of motley's early stuff is panzie's stuff no interest at all, some of Girls album is ok, Feelgood is, the only thing after that in which i could stand was "Sick Love Song" what a killer riff!

im more early motley when they dripped of punk!!! too fast for love and shout at the devil are immense.
    girls and feelgood were great but they kinda lost that raw edge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Welcome to the Jungle is a Grrrreat song!! So is don't cry... two of my favourites!!! :)

Anyway carry on...

don't let me interrupt.. :)

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Welcome to the Jungle is a Grrrreat song!! So is don't cry... two of my favourites!!! :)

Anyway carry on...

don't let me interrupt.. :)

your gas you are;):D
    feel free to join in:p

Nah.... I'm a bonjovi fan... what'd I know???!!! :p

• Advertisement

Nah.... I'm a bonjovi fan... what'd I know???!!! :p

how to listen to 2nd rate hairmetal:D:D;)lol

OI!!!! Button it or I'll side with Hyn-zie!! :D Joke!!

Okay... well... erm.... I think that VR would sell out waaaaaaay more than the point....

And that.... erm... I forget what we're talkin about... It started off about a cancelled show, then a fight about deaf, illiterate motely b***es and then some guy called Mushy started talkin'....

I dunno..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Okay... well... erm.... I think that VR would sell out waaaaaaay more than the point....

And that.... erm... I forget what we're talkin about... It started off about a cancelled show, then a fight about deaf, illiterate motely b***es and then some guy called Mushy started talkin'....

Yay, I got mentioned:D. Ah no, I've no issues really, just dont understand how/why Motley really came up at all.

I dont think VR would sell out much more than the Point, not now. Dont think they are as popular(possibly better word here) as they were around the last album. The public buzz is gone from them IMO. Its just when will they ever re-schedule this damn Irish show.

how many conversations do you know that keep on topic, im just too lazy to start a new threads!! i recycle:D:D:p

il be in the que on thursday morning, gunna be glammed up too, god the looks ya get its gas.
    motley gave birth to 80s rock, and comments like above should be treated the same way arab countries whip ya when you call a teddy mohammad:D:D:eek:
    harsh, but fair.

Kona:
    No no no... I didn't say that... I was recycling what other ppl had said throughout the thread! I don't really care tbh.. haha... I still love VR... that's devotion for ya!!

Yup I'll be queueing too but not looking glamorous... looking tired and grumpy! (and poor after spending that much on tickets, we're getting fleeced!)

Mushy:
    I think they could. Lots of people began to like 'em after 'come on come in'. I do think Libertad is slightly 'softer' than Contraband but that's a good thing. Shows that they've grown methinks! :) And yeah I'd love if they'd reschedule that show. I really wish oxygen would cop the hell on and start bringing in more good bands, imagine if VR played oxygen??? Bliss! (I know... that'll never happen)

eh oxygen can have its **** bands, i dont want a weekend of good music ruined by skangers, if its the usual crap, i join in the mayhem, amazing how a bottle of jack cures a hangover!!!!
    ye how much are the bon jovi tickets??? i dont get paid untill saturday, unless they are 48.26 im in trouble!!!

contraband is the most 'flacid' piece of crap i own, still lying under vixen!!! google vixen and you'll see what i mean!!

although the new album is even more limp, even the cover is crap!

Uh oh.... The ad says seventy something!!! ????? Did u hear 48??? I heard 70!! I hope I'm wrong!!!

Shhh... it's a great album! So is Libertad, I agree not AS good as contraband but deffo not 'limp'!! :eek:

Uh oh.... The ad says seventy something!!! ????? Did u hear 48??? I heard 70!! I hope I'm wrong!!!

Shhh... it's a great album! So is Libertad, I agree not AS good as contraband but deffo not 'limp'!! :eek:

compared to w.a.s.p its limp, wasp are ****ing rockin hard, listening to animal...what a tune!!!
    'ill nail your ass to the sheets'- best lyric ever!

ye i only have 48 squid to my name, and that HAS to last 2 nights of moderate to extremly heavy drinking!
    knowin this bleedin country itl be e75 thats what aerosmith was

im more early motley when they dripped of punk!!! too fast for love and shout at the devil are immense.
    girls and feelgood were great but they kinda lost that raw edge

I agree, there both very commercial albums!!!! still i wouldn't be interested in the early stuff, even listening to Skid Row is boring now a days, a bit of Alice in Chains or Rob Zombie ha ha lol

Kona:
    No no no... I didn't say that... I was recycling what other ppl had said throughout the thread! I don't really care tbh.. haha... I still love VR... that's devotion for ya!!

Yup I'll be queueing too but not looking glamorous... looking tired and grumpy! (and poor after spending that much on tickets, we're getting fleeced!)

Mushy:
    I think they could. Lots of people began to like 'em after 'come on come in'. I do think Libertad is slightly 'softer' than Contraband but that's a good thing. Shows that they've grown methinks! :) And yeah I'd love if they'd reschedule that show. I really wish oxygen would cop the hell on and start bringing in more good bands, imagine if VR played oxygen??? Bliss! (I know... that'll never happen)

Yeah i wouldn't think oxigen would sign them but they did do Audioslave a coupke of years back! Libertad is a very good album, a bit softer which is expected as Brendan O'Brien has his certain veiw on how songs should be, all the stp albums he done where way to soft and totally changed them from grunge

• Advertisement

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Yeah i wouldn't think oxigen would sign them but they did do Audioslave a coupke of years back! Libertad is a very good album, a bit softer which is expected as Brendan O'Brien has his certain veiw on how songs should be, all the stp albums he done where way to soft and totally changed them from grunge

theres the mistake right there, sombody with irish blood.
    im sorry but irish people dont have a clue about rock/metal,
    our idea of hard rock is U bleedin 2, and rock=damien dempsey:eek: we really do produce crappy bands. No real rockstar stays married for 20years while on the top, waste of fame tbh!!! bono has to be the biggest lick arse and in turn gets his ass licked more than anybody!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

im sorry but irish people dont have a clue about rock/metal,

I'm guessing you are too young to remember The Golden Horde? Pity, I think you would've loved them. And don't forget Thin Lizzy of course.

No real rockstar stays married for 20years while on the top, waste of fame tbh!!!

Oh please.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

eh where in the diaries is there a ****ing diagram???
    and this aint a motley V gNr but the fact that i saw paradise city playing on popscene, is a good example as to who gNr are no where near the same league as motley.
    whats it with you and insulting my ability to read??? have you got issues or somthing?? youve mentioned it in the last two posts, fact of the matter is the VR are **** compared to what the members used to put out.
    in my opinion GnR are extremly over-rated, as is slash, i think its starting to show now, in my opinion the best thing that band did was break up before they released a really bad album, use your illusions were crap, there were enough decent songs on both to make one decent album. use your illusion should have been one album, i mean get in the ring(worst album filler ive ever heard).
    examples of utter ****e that GnR members are now
    Adlers appitite(or whatever) total bollix, the bloke cant even talk now, he should quit
    Slashs snakepit......Enough said
    VR...see above
    noone get even close to the praise GnR got
    as for axl and the new GnR, what a bluff, there is no new album, and it defo doesnt take a decade to get talented musicians up to the standard of the old GnR to be honest, 5mins is even too much.

Get In The Ring is ****in awesome...what a guitar intro - just brilliant. Use Your Illusions are my two favourite albums ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

yes yes it has:mad: but i dont think its comparing how sleazey they are! i dont really care, motley are better, if you disagree, you may have a hearing problem.

Motley better than GnR? The fact your the only person who thinks that means you're the one with the problem. Girls Girls Girls is the cheesiest guitar riff in history, and as for Home, Sweet Home...wtf. Motley Crue aren't sleazy, there just cheesy. Too ****in soft to be sleazy.

Who ACTUALLY cares???

It's all a matter of opinion so it can never really be proved! I wouldn't make a personal remark about a person about just coz they dont like what I listen to!

(having said that I have a low, low opinion on the whole skanger, dance scene, (bleeping!) hate dance music!!)

Oh please.... :rolleyes:

its true tho lol :D:D
    what would you do with too much money and fame, new city ,new people...............lol:D:D

golden horde???ill check them out, and yes thin lizzy were the best irish music export by a very long way.

get in the ring is a joke, if you think a riff makes a great song, i really cant take you serious sorry. it may make a good song...not a great song, a great song is a combination of parts.
    sure dance music consists of basically a riff and a beat, as does most radio **** consist of a catchy riff over crappy lyrics. anybody who listens to chart music i really cant accept their opinions!

and as for your views on motley, i think they are just mis-informed, compared to GnR at the very worst they are as heavy.but your entitled to that opinion.
    read the dirt, diaries, then read the GnR stuff, there is a line which motley crossed and GnR didnt.
    GnR are insanly commercial, you would not hear motley being played in barcode type venues EVER!! GnR always pops up.
    as for cheesy guitar riffs, sweet child of mine??? would you like that on your burger??:D:D
    as things go 87-91 were cheesy metal years, thats the way it went, ya gotta sell albums too:D
    girls was released in 87, my cheese line is poison

golden horde???ill check them out, and yes thin lizzy were the best irish music export by a very long way.

Sadly, you can't. Their recorded material is very hard to get, but doesn't capture the essence of the band anyway. They were the best live Irish band my a mile in the mid to late eighties. Ramones-style punk with the style of glam metal, swaggering, spitting and screaming but still classy. Every song was three minutes of power, and every song was about a different girl.

You can check them out here
    but the music on the site is piss-weak. You could probably find something better on you tube.

Ahem... *clears throat*

Firstly, Kona, I wouldn't imagine prison and rehab are two particularly 'nice' experiences so I'd preferably avoid that if I had "too much money and fame". I can't imagine that rockstar lifestyle is all it's cracked up to be!! So really, nooo... don't go there. Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest and I don't think infidelity or drug use is rebellious either, it's cowardly! So I'd LOVE to see a 'rockstar' with a 20 year marriage!! :D

Secondly.... PLEASE don't ever imply that dance music has ANYTHING in common with GOOD music!! :D Hehehe...

Blackhorse...
    Spitting and screaming = classy??????????????? :eek:
    Hahaha.... Charming!!! :D

• Advertisement

Figure of speech ;)

Advertisement