Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The ridiculously silly off topic brainfart thread.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

kona wrote: »
    Van halen, Quient Riot, were totally different to motley,
    ill give you hanoi rocks who incidentally are amazing:D

and yes i was at the gig in london during the summer.

and besides

vince would have wiped the floor with axl again!!!!lol

blah blah blah, thats all i'm reading motley this, motley that, i think your in love with motley, fair play man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

I just have always hated them ,, too much hair spray and makeup .. and there songs are hollow . you have your opinion I have mine.. as stated before Motley Crue sucks ass.. :)

im outa here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hmm... it's all gettin slightly personal now methinks so I aint gona fuel it too much but I do have to say that it does sound ridiculous when somebody says GNR are ****!!! They aren't, every single person out there know who they are and you can be sure that most people know the words to sweet child o' mine and welcome to the jungle..etc... That's not a sign of **** music!! And as I said before, we all like different things, so arguing about it is pointless, nothing can actually be proved since it's all a matter of opinion.

So really, calling eachother deaf, illiterate and gay (to mention just a few of the above comments) is kinda uncalled for....

Now shake hands and make up! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Hmm... it's all gettin slightly personal now methinks so I aint gona fuel it too much but I do have to say that it does sound ridiculous when somebody says GNR are ****!!! They aren't, every single person out there know who they are and you can be sure that most people know the words to sweet child o' mine and welcome to the jungle..etc... That's not a sign of **** music!! And as I said before, we all like different things, so arguing about it is pointless, nothing can actually be proved since it's all a matter of opinion.

So really, calling eachother deaf, illiterate and gay (to mention just a few of the above comments) is kinda uncalled for....

Now shake hands and make up! :p

feck that:D:D:D
    i never said GnR were ****, i said that they were possibly the most overrated band ever,, i mean Lies??,spaghetti incident?? total muck.
    they had appetite and a few songs of use your illusion(should have been 1 album)
    sure Europe had two number1s,
    i think my point that they split up before their reputation was destroyed is a fair one.
    i have all their albums btw....even the rare ones.
    if i thought they were **** would i have bought em.

mizz...did ya que?? i wasnt arsed i stayed in bed!! i realised its only bon jovi and only really wanna hear 3 songs at most, that and its guaranteed to be a **** crowd:D:D

Yup!!! I was second in line!! :D (slightly obsessive)
    There weren't many there, (jervis one) .. possibly due to the fact that the tickets are desperately over priced, the venue sucks and the supporting band only sound good when you're drunk! But enough of that before we get told to shut up coz of that not talkin about concerts sticky thingy!! :)

Anyhoooo..... I love GNR and VR so I don't really agree. I mean, EVERY single band out there have a few songs that don't reach the same potential as some of their other ones. EVERY band!!! And VR and GNR are not at all similar but that's okay, well I'm okay with that, we already had GNR... why would we wana hear the same thing all over again???

But like u said, I'm of the "female persuasion" and I like Bonjovi... so what'd I know??? :D Hahaha...

• Advertisement

Yup!!! I was second in line!! :D (slightly obsessive)
    There weren't many there, (jervis one) .. possibly due to the fact that the tickets are desperately over priced, the venue sucks and the supporting band only sound good when you're drunk! But enough of that before we get told to shut up coz of that not talkin about concerts sticky thingy!! :)

Anyhoooo..... I love GNR and VR so I don't really agree. I mean, EVERY single band out there have a few songs that don't reach the same potential as some of their other ones. EVERY band!!! And VR and GNR are not at all similar but that's okay, well I'm okay with that, we already had GNR... why would we wana hear the same thing all over again???

But like u said, I'm of the "female persuasion" and I like Bonjovi... so what'd I know??? :D Hahaha...

ye i was thinking the same too, sure how big is punchestown???i think croker would have suited better tbh!!! but anywho,
    the ignorance on this thread is unreal, motley deserve credit, maybe not for the music but for 'kickstarting' the best era in hard rock history.

and no i wouldnt expect you to know much about hedonism as a female, but yer a vital part of it anyhow:D:D:D:p

back to VR poor band in comparison to GnR

Kona and Hyn-zie.... seriously... give up!!! Hahaha yer mad!!! :rolleyes:

I haven't read it Hyn-zie but I deffo don't think he's over-rated. :)

kona wrote: »
    and no i wouldnt expect you to know much about hedonism as a female, but yer a vital part of it anyhow

Oh Please... you've got such an idealised view of the whole thing! Do u ACTUALLY think that lifestyle is all it's meant to be?? That's such a MANS opinion! Didn't do much for Weiland when he was alone in a prison cell??? Have u heard the lyrics for 'the last fight'???!!! Didn't do any favours for Slash when he was being resuscitated either!!! I like that they've lived but I think they've proved that the whole rockstar lifestyle krap is a gimmick. Listen to Demons, pills and etc... or fall to pieces... :confused:

Sure they didn't even sell out Croke Park. Lansdowne would've done fine!! But sure what other nation would be willing to pay nearly a hundred euro to stand in mud??!!! :rolleyes: Typical!

Oh Please... you've got such an idealised view of the whole thing! Do u ACTUALLY think that lifestyle is all it's meant to be?? That's such a MANS opinion! Didn't do much for Weiland when he was alone in a prison cell??? Have u heard the lyrics for 'the last fight'???!!! Didn't do any favours for Slash when he was being resuscitated either!!! I like that they've lived but I think they've proved that the whole rockstar lifestyle krap is a gimmick. Listen to Demons, pills and etc... or fall to pieces... :confused:

Sure they didn't even sell out Croke Park. Lansdowne would've done fine!! But sure what other nation would be willing to pay nearly a hundred euro to stand in mud??!!! :rolleyes: Typical!

from the looks of it, youl be standing in mud in landsdowne too:D:D;)
    im only playin with ya with the hedonism:D:D:D
    i unfortunatly know where the line is:D
    although, i prefer the fun and games of motley etc....to the bands who take things waaay to serious, metallica for example.
    rock n roll is about fun..grunge ruined it and now we are stuck with all these artists being serious.
    they should chillax(or inject some heroin:D:D;))

and yes irish people are too willing to pay too much for sub par rock shows....aerosmith wern't bothered last year, although i cant blame them with how shockingly **** the crowd was.

Well I was at their last two world tour concerts so I couldn't miss this one...Having said that I'm VERY annoyed with the whole system ... the fact that the concert STILL hasn't sold out says loads!

I don't mind grunge, I don't mind any kinda rock really. I like most of it so I'm not gona blame anyone on destroying anything... (though outside of the rock genre, I have to say I HATE dance music and they should be blamed for EVERYTHING!!) Hahaha... I know... how hypocritical?!!! :D Opps...

I like having a wide range in music tastes, I love VR, Bonjovi, GNR, MCR, Linkin' Park (sooooo goood) Nickleback....etc... they're all totally different...!!! Variety is good! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Kona and Hyn-zie.... seriously... give up!!! Hahaha yer mad!!! :rolleyes:

I haven't read it Hyn-zie but I deffo don't think he's over-rated. :)

Ha ha i'd say your getting some laugh out of this!!!! Yeah he's defo not over-rated, sure he has worked with so many legends, MJ, Ray Charles, Lenny Kravitz, Iggy Pop and Alice Cooper, the man is a legend!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

Well i agree ,. i think Slash is excellent,. seen him with GNR in 92 and that was the clincher for me. also I play guitar been playing 21 years and in his humble guitar players opinion he is a LEGEND . but i guess its a matter of taste :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

:D:D:D:D:D:D

guess who played bass on feed my frankenstein???

wow 105 posts...thats insane!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Hey Stoopid had loads of guest stars.
    Slash played on the title track.
    Alice has been married for more than 20 years.

Just my two cents.........

Nea wrote: »
    Hey Stoopid had loads of guest stars.
    Slash played on the title track.
    Alice has been married for more than 20 years.

Just my two cents.........

fair play to him, sure in waynes world they portrayed him as a dry ****e, and its laready been mentioned that slash played on it.
    thats why i said nikki played on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I like having a wide range in music tastes, I love VR, Bonjovi, GNR, MCR, Linkin' Park (sooooo goood) Nickleback....etc... they're all totally different...!!! Variety is good! :)

Wide range? roffle.

[lol although you should really be shot for liking nickleback!!
    bQUOTE=Davei141;54553979]Wide range? roffle.[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D as modern music tastes go, its wide enough tbh!!mizz should try AC (seth putnam) is what ya need lol, the albums are worth buying just for the names of the songs......the music is like killing a cat...SLOW:eek:

Davei141 wrote: »
    Wide range? roffle.

What is with all the F*****g B******* on this ******* thing???

Look up the word 'variety' in a dictionary!!

Screw it, I'm done!!

What is with all the F*****g B******* on this ******* thing???

Look up the word 'variety' in a dictionary!!

Screw it, I'm done!!

dunno...everybody seems to have the better taste in music lol!!!!
    i like it, it so funny!!!
    irish people like for force their opinions on people.
    some english muppet on thursday night, asked me what i thought of bono and U2.i told him....i swear i should have video taped it he went ape ****....gas!!!
    mizz as long as ya actually try new music its kewl:D
    you gotta cry tough out on the streets.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement