Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bono in UCC

• 17-11-2007 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone see the front of todays Indo?

There's a photo of Bono in UCC at some sort of convention.

I would have gone for a look if I had known he was coming :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Wouldn't have minding asking him what type of eejits he thinks we are:

U2's tax decision defended by Bono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'd like to ask him what makes him qualified to tell me how to do anything.

I was stuck in meetings so I couldn't go heckle him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

A two-faced hypocrite of the highest order. I'm amazed Geldoff has never landed him one.

Bono-speak:" "He said Ireland's prosperity had been achieved through tax innovation and it would be churlish to criticise U2 for being innovative in relation to their tax affairs when that's what people were encouraged to do and that's what made the country prosperous. He said U2 paid taxes not only to the letter of the law but to the spirit of the law too."

In plain English: "I see no problem, we are loaded now in Ireland, though I only visit occasionally. Many millionares in Ireland don't pay any tax, so why should I? As a resident of Holland, I fully comply with local tax laws and [some groovy rock-star bull****]".

grammy14_bonoTime.jpg

Advertisement