Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norton on my N70??

• 17-11-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so i was looking around on my Nokia n70 the other day (same day i found i had opera mini [thread]) and i found i have something called security on my phone, found it in Office.. It has the look of a Norton thing so i decided to open it, see what it does, and it appears to be a virus scanner with a firewall... (it is Symatec alright)

I had never heard of something like this on a phone, are viruses common? Also, why the need for a firewall on a phone?? Anyone use this or similar programs??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Viruses do exist for Symbian OS. I think you're fairly safe unless you have your bluetooth on all the time and open every file to you without knowing the sender. I reflashed my phone and it was gone, thankfully. I did one scan before getting rid of it and it took ages.

Advertisement