Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paintball/(Airsoft?) Tactical Vest Order

• 17-11-2007 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

I am wanting to update my vest from a crap black velcro jobie to a proper modular digicamo rig. I have a detailed post here: http://www.paintballer.ie/viewtopic.php?t=1685 comparing the two best ones that I have currently found from research. The price of these after shipping can come down considerablly if there is a few people to jump on the band waggon.... the usual deal.

The RAP4 vest is totally modular and you can buy mag puches to replace the pod pouches for airsoft usage or what ever. No harm in looking anyways.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

I was looking at something similar recently.
    Question though, why is it costing extra for the Pistol Holster or utility pouch? You'd get these in addition to the paintball pouches, is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brianmcbitter

I was looking at something similar recently.
    Question though, why is it costing extra for the Pistol Holster or utility pouch? You'd get these in addition to the paintball pouches, is that correct?

yes, this is true.

Bummer, puts up the price quite a bit. I'm interested but to be honest I might try and find a cheaper one.

Bummer, puts up the price quite a bit. I'm interested but to be honest I might try and find a cheaper one.

i have one myself. very nice fit and very sturdy. im a leftie myself and completely changed it to suit myself. id highly recommend buying one.

i have one myself. very nice fit and very sturdy. im a leftie myself and completely changed it to suit myself. id highly recommend buying one.

do you only use it for painball?
    can you wear a combat jacket under it?

• Advertisement

yeah, i only use it for paintball (do you plan on using it for airsoft too?). cant think of any reason you cant use it for that too. you can adjust it to fit comfortably over a jacket.

yeah, i only use it for paintball (do you plan on using it for airsoft too?). cant think of any reason you cant use it for that too. you can adjust it to fit comfortably over a jacket.

Actually only for airsoft ;)
    I don't do paintball often enough to justify spending too much on it.

have you joined paintballer.ie? there are a few lads there that play fairly regularly and myself and a few others have set up a team so well be out regularly too. do you have any of your own gear? post up on the site and you should be able to find advice and anything else you need to get you out there more regularly!

have you joined paintballer.ie? there are a few lads there that play fairly regularly and myself and a few others have set up a team so well be out regularly too. do you have any of your own gear? post up on the site and you should be able to find advice and anything else you need to get you out there more regularly!

No, I only just discovered that site this week.
    No, only combat gear so far, goggles for airsoft on order.
    I was playing in letterkenny last weekend, face mask was a disaster so that's first on the shopping list if I decide to play more regularly.

have a look at www.anarkypaintball.com they should have everything you need. yeah, first things first, good mask!!

• Advertisement

have a look at www.anarkypaintball.com they should have everything you need. yeah, first things first, good mask!!

Thx Brian; i'll check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I am wanting to update my vest from a crap black velcro jobie to a proper modular digicamo rig. I have a detailed post here: http://www.paintballer.ie/viewtopic.php?t=1685 comparing the two best ones that I have currently found from research. The price of these after shipping can come down considerablly if there is a few people to jump on the band waggon.... the usual deal.

The RAP4 vest is totally modular and you can buy mag puches to replace the pod pouches for airsoft usage or what ever. No harm in looking anyways.

From an airsoft point of view (never tried paintball in anything other than NBCs with no webbing), I've got one of these SOG vests in US tri-colour woodland pattern just recently to replace an el-cheapo copy I used for a while. It feels like you could swing a cow out of it and it wouldn't break and every pouch on it is MOLLE (that's the configurable modular system); so you can go and get whatever size pouches or wahtever you feel you need.

Whilst it's not digicamo; you can see a list of other types of vests from the same company (Guarder) to give you an idea of what's out there. There are of course quite a few companies out there to choose from - I just used Guarder since that's what I have. For pouches; you can mix and match from different manufacturers with MOLLE

Advertisement