Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Mobile Serious Problem!!!! [Please Help]

Options
  • 18-11-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Ok, Ive decided that for a number of reasons I'd like to terminate my 3 Monthly contract, and I'd also like to retain my number for a pay as you go service if possible. Now, whenever I call 333 all I seem to get is an Indian gentleman who tells me that he knows if no possible way this can happen, and I know that a phone company cannot force you to stay in a contract and I figure if I'm giving money to them via 3Pay theyre still getting money so whats going on? Could someone tell me who I have to contact to find out

1. What is the procedure for cancelling my 3Monthly Contract
    2. What will be fee be
    3. Is there a condition for pre exsiting 3Monthly customers to swap to 3Pay for a reduced cost

Any help anyone can give would be greatly apprichated

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There should be no problem retaining your number. Go into a three store, let them fight with the CC for you.
    All networks do.

You will have to pay the remaining line rental for your contract if you are still within contract. Otherwise, there should really be no or a minimal charge.

As for your third point, I seriously doubt it- there is no benefit for three in you moving to prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Ok, Ive decided that for a number of reasons I'd like to terminate my 3 Monthly contract, and I'd also like to retain my number for a pay as you go service if possible. Now, whenever I call 333 all I seem to get is an Indian gentleman who tells me that he knows if no possible way this can happen, and I know that a phone company cannot force you to stay in a contract and I figure if I'm giving money to them via 3Pay theyre still getting money so whats going on? Could someone tell me who I have to contact to find out

1. What is the procedure for cancelling my 3Monthly Contract
    2. What will be fee be
    3. Is there a condition for pre exsiting 3Monthly customers to swap to 3Pay for a reduced cost

Any help anyone can give would be greatly apprichated

Why can't they make you honour your commitments? They subsidised the price of the phone and you agreed (through a legally binding copntract) to stay with them for a minimum of 12 months to repay them for this. The only way that you can get out of your contract is to buy it out, ie to pay them the amount of line rental outstanding up to the end of the contract eg is you were on the €29 a month contract with 5 months left you would have to pay them
    €145

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I was going to say the same as the two lovely posters above, but they've have already said it.

curious though, why do you want to move from bill pay to pre pay, normally bill pay tarriffs are better value for money if you use the phoen at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

SDooM wrote: »
    There should be no problem retaining your number. Go into a three store, let them fight with the CC for you.
    All networks do.

I am prob going to do this as they have told me I have to buy them out in order to cancel my contract and the 'gentleman' on the other end of the phone was obviously operating from a call centre in India because there was a serious language barrier and he basically told me he was not letting me pay the cancellation charge and told me to 'go away and come back next May'

I have decided that if I retain the number on 3Pay that is certainly an option, but I could also get a Meteor sim and get free texts to other meteor numbers as well as being pay as you go

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you want to cancel your contract early you can. i know this because i did. i gave them 30 days notice and then went into a meteor store and got them to port me.

you have to pay your monthly commitment times the number of moths you have left. for example, if you're on the €19 tariff and have 9 months left you have to pay €19x9=€171

and if you want to get your phone unlocked you have to pay them €27 or bring it to an unlocking shop

why do you want to cancel the contract? 3pay probobly won't be the best pre pay option for you, unless you want data services

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

why do you want to cancel the contract? 3pay probobly won't be the best pre pay option for you, unless you want data services

I actually just want to be on meteor pay as you go, because I get free texts to 085s etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I actually just want to be on meteor pay as you go, because I get free texts to 085s etc

then just do what i did

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the people on the phone from the call centre are hard to understand then ring up or call into one of the 3 shops.

Advertisement