Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pink training

Options
  • 18-11-2007 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

anyone know where/when pink training is on this yr?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I just have to know...

what is pink training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Mordeth wrote: »
    I just have to know...

what is pink training?

+ 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'm imagining what pink training 'might be'... but... it just couldn't.

i've misunderestimated something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Weekend event run by the USI (Unions of students of ireland) providing modules relating to LGBT issues. For examples theres talks and workshops on safe sex, gender identity, Bi-Sexuality ect ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

It's on next weekend btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Its on from November 23-25 in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mawg

Is it worth going too? Sounds interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I'm apparently giving a talk at it. On the Sunday. On the Sunday morning. Yeah, am sure people will be there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Mawg wrote: »

You probably can't at this late stage onless you're already in ucc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

damien.m wrote: »
    I'm apparently giving a talk at it. On the Sunday. On the Sunday morning. Yeah, am sure people will be there...
    I believe I detect the merest note of sarcasm.

Anyway, yes, pink training is run by the USI every year where they bring college LGB societies (mostly) together in one location. I've been there a number of years ago and it was fun and informative - a rare combination.

They do lectures on stuff like homophobia and legal issues like gay marraige and equality legislation. They also run workshops on more specific issues such as tackling internalised homophobia, developing positive relationships, and so forth.

Theres also a night out on the town for the participants afterwards, though of course that isn't the reason why people go. It's all about the learning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mawg wrote: »

Are you in college? You might not be able to go to everything at this stage, but most of the talks tend to be in large open lecture halls in UCC so there probably wouldn't be a problem going along to a few of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

swiss wrote: »
    It's all about the learning.
    Yeah, so I've heard :rolleyes:

Advertisement