Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS is how we should treat the characters of Galway...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

How nice of him to do that.
    galwaybabe wrote: »
    P.S. He is a fine musician too
    Clearly, he air guitars like a mofo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

How do I say this in a philosophic way......
    If you' coat yourself in honey..... the bears will come after you.....

If you attract one of those people, they'll all know you and then you'll be associated with them...

Rather you than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mordeth wrote: »
    he has the eyes of a serial rapist...

yeah i want them back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 poshie

What about superbarman (short, dark hair, serious expression...always) who has worked in loadsa places around the town and takes 5 or 6 orders at a time. he mostly did nightclubs.served in an instant.he was unreal.where is he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Mordeth wrote: »
    he has the eyes of a serial rapist...
    or maybe a serial killer

manson8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

poshie wrote: »
    What about superbarman (short, dark hair, serious expression...always) who has worked in loadsa places around the town and takes 5 or 6 orders at a time. he mostly did nightclubs.served in an instant.he was unreal.where is he now?

meh... loads of barmen around town who could fit that description tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Idea: Wonder if we could invite him to the next Beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Proxy wrote: »
    Idea: Wonder if we could invite him to the next Beers?

Give him a pair of glasses and a pocket protector and I see no reason not to.

(Gotta fit in don't ya know?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I saw AntiSanta in McDonald's on shop street today,
    he was sitting by the door with a coffee, watching the world go by and smiling beatifically to all and sundry.

He looked so serene.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Living the dream, eh? Not a care in the world... Is he better off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

What does he drink as a matter of interest?

i work in the offy around the corner from roisin where he comes in the whole time and he drinks can's of guinness only, he's very well educated and seems like a nice chap that got caught on the wrong side of the tracks, some of the other homeless chaps are complete fookheads so i wouldn't randomly buy pints for them for the sake of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

If you attract one of those people, they'll all know you and then you'll be associated with them...

Rather you than me.

thats such a negative and ignorent comment, what are you an arsitocrat of the west?

'those people'? explain

Proxy wrote: »
    Living the dream, eh? Not a care in the world... Is he better off?

Not exactly living a dream, but it was a nice site having a hairy man smile benignly at you when you walk into McDonalds. I dunno what was going through his head at alll mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

I think the barman you're talking about is Cathal or something. I talked to him a good few times, used to work in Cuba and now the Bal in Salthill. Very nice chap and extremely efficient

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

walt0r wrote: »
    extremely efficient

Is he German?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

cameo appearance in saw doctors video. (skip to 43 seconds in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAxF3BQFRg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Rather you than me.

Bring on the bears. Pray you never grow claws.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

he he!
    that "cameo" was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I've given Rory Gallagher a few quid once or twice for drink. He lures you in with tales of how he met various famous musicians over the years, told us a great one bout some former Lizzy guitarist once, and also random tales of what his buddy Robocop gets up to ("he's sortin out his grievances with the government"). Then when he finishes: "I'm not gonna lie to ye lads... I'm lookin for the price of a pint".
    Legend.
    Defended me from a hooker once; "Easy Sile, these are me friends, leave 'em alone". Brought a tear to my eye, it did.

Defended me from a hooker once; "Easy Sile, these are me friends, leave 'em alone". Brought a tear to my eye, it did.

What was the hooker up to? Procuring your services>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I recently bought KD and Nora cows for a village in Africa. I have taken out a full page ad in next weeks Advertiser to boost my sense of middle class satisfaction in relation to this.

I have purchased significantly more indulgences than youwwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

You only bought him the pint so you could get a photo - be honest! :p

Good luck to anyone who tries to buy KD a drink though......I woudn't give him a pint of my p*ss to be honest, little fkr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

What was the hooker up to? Procuring your services>
    Something along those lines I'd say. She wasn't the most coherent. I think it was something along the lines of "gimme a coupla fags and I'll blow ya behind the statue", the fact that I don't smoke didn't go down to well.
    Cue Rory Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

No, THIS is how we should treat the characters of Galway:

24082008138mediumgi0.th.jpg
    (Click on pic for full size pic)

What a gent. asked nicely for a photo, of course he said yes :D
    Had a quick chat with im and told him that he was famous on the internet.. he was genuinly shocked :eek: As a thanks, I went into Crustyville and bought him a pint of the black stuff... returned, gave him his pint and thanked him for his time (I had a tide to catch, yar!) - Asked if he'd "tell me story" some time and he told me to come back soon - "what a flocking ledge loike!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

JohnCleary wrote: »
    No, THIS is how we should treat the characters of Galway:

24082008138mediumgi0.th.jpg
    (Click on pic for full size pic)

What a gent. asked nicely for a photo, of course he said yes :D
    Had a quick chat with im and told him that he was famous on the internet.. he was genuinly shocked :eek: As a thanks, I went into Crustyville and bought him a pint of the black stuff... returned, gave him his pint and thanked him for his time (I had a tide to catch, yar!) - Asked if he'd "tell me story" some time and he told me to come back soon - "what a flocking ledge loike!"
    Good work. He seems dead harmless. Saw him, eh, assisting a busker down near the Quays a week or two ago. Wow, did he draw a crowd!

I thought I should add that this guy is no p1sshead - The guy was sitting there calmly enjoying a coffee (see pic) and just chilling out. Mind you, as soon as I offered a pint - he had said "yes thanks" before i'd finished offering :D But seriously, what a gentle talking, nice guy... really polite, not 'in yer face loike', well able to mind his own business but would have been happy to talk all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

poshie wrote: »

Ha! If its the guy I'm thinking of, I went to school with him,he had the serious expression then too!!

He still does Halo/CPs I think, well, I know he does Halo, cos I've seen him there,He told me he does CPs aswell.

I think hes actually bar manager now.

Super efficient tho I will agree!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I thought I should add that this guy is no p1sshead

Eh? Every time i see him he has a can in his hand no matter what time of the day it is.If he ain't drinking he is jumping around the place like a loon or climbing up on bins,security cameras etc.Just Christmas gone he caused a row in Shop St in the middle of the afternoon because he was steamers pushing into people, guards called and he had to be heavy handed away.He is well spoken and can be polite but id take that with a pinch of salt, 90% of the time he's wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

who would have though that making an alcoholic happy for five minutes could be so easy??
    Nice gesture all the same!

• Advertisement

padi89 wrote: »
    Eh? Every time i see him he has a can in his hand no matter what time of the day it is.If he ain't drinking he is jumping around the place like a loon or climbing up on bins,security cameras etc.Just Christmas gone he caused a row in Shop St in the middle of the afternoon because he was steamers pushing into people, guards called and he had to be heavy handed away.He is well spoken and can be polite but id take that with a pinch of salt, 90% of the time he's wrecked.

Looking back on what I wrote, you're right... he actually is a feckin p1sshead.... I guess I was just mis-guided cause he wasn't drinkin when I bumped into him (maybe the Coffee was Irish?!) :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement