Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Ceed

Options
  • 18-11-2007 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

What do people think? Are they good value? Are they reliable? They seem to have a nice few gadgets and also they look very good...Anyone own one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I know someone with a kia rio, and the clutch went on the second day of owning it, so I don't know, but the 7 year guarantee has to be a plus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I'd have a lot of faith in any manufacturer who's willing to offer such a good warranty. The Ceed is the first of the 'new-generation' Kias - I think the Koreans are really ready to sock it to the Japanese and Europeans.

A friend of mine has one and I have to say I was well impressed. It's had great reviews in the press as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

high spec, low price, good waranty, 5 star safety, and i think they're doing 0% finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

With two extra years on the warranty it makes buying the Kia's sister car, the Hyundai i30 pointless imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The i30 only has a 4 star safety rating too. I think the Hyundai is better finished and nicer looking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

I have one that the wife drives and it is just coming up for its 10000km first service, has not given an ounce of trouble.

Its returns 40mpg+ every week for her, its a 1.4 EX which means it has all the toys and of course the 7 year warranty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I know someone with a kia rio, and the clutch went on the second day of owning it, so I don't know, but the 7 year guarantee has to be a plus

That happens to all marques (not necessarily clutch though). With the warranty and 0% finance and great looks, it's hard to rubbish it.

Advertisement