Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

"For The Win."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Thanks Puding. Now I can troll with confidence :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sharad wrote: »
    I gotta ask, what does FTW actually mean?:confused:

ROFL and LMAO!!!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Bwahahahahahah ROFL (why? because I'm Indian)

But seriously, is it possible to place a large order for arms like this over the internet?

• Advertisement

http://www.impactguns.com/store/G2215AK47.html

Browse to the bottom of the page and read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

oh i didnt know it started tomorow!!!

Guys dont forget, tonight 9pm on Bravo...Affliction Day of Reckoning is on..Fedor Emelianenko takes on Andrei Arlovski....Fedor is defending hi World MMA heavyweight champion belt, so its gonna be epic:eek: fedors 1st figth since he destroyed tim sylvia and broke his hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

heres one for all you guys that are planning on using uav's (you all know who you are hahahahahahhahahahahah) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HGmoxotBi8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

must say that i like lol

• Advertisement

Originally posted in the humour forum

They always ask at the doctors' office why you are there and you say in front of others what's wrong and sometimes it's embarrassing.

There's nothing worse than a Doctors Receptionist who insists you tell her what's wrong with you in a room full of other patients. This is the way one old man handled it.

An 86 year old man walked in to a crowded Doctor's Waiting Room. As he approached the desk, the Receptionist said "Yes sir, what are you seeing the Doctor for today?".

"There's something wrong with my d!ck", he replied.

The Receptionist became irritated and said, "You shouldn't come in to a crowded Doctors Room and say things like that."

"Why not? You asked me what was wrong and I told you," he said.

The Receptionist replied, "You've obviously caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something and then discussed the problem further with the Doctor in private."

The man replied, "You shouldn't ask people things in a room full of others, if the answer could embarrass anyone." He walked out, waited a few minutes and re-entered.

The Receptionist smiled smugly and asked, "Yes?"

"There's something wrong with my ear," he stated.

The Receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice. "And what's wrong with your ear, Sir?"

"I can't p!ss out of it," the man replied.

The Waiting Room erupted in laughter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I used to work in a chemist, and had the opposite problem (By which I don't mean I became incontinent) with customers. I was there to sell cough drops and dust shelves, but people still insisted on telling me what was wrong with them in creepy and nauseating detail.

In a small town, too. You haven't lived until you've sold your Geography Teacher suppositories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Think of the power that would give you though. If he ever irritated you, you could simply say "stick it up your <expletive>" and either walk off smugly or wait for the nervous/sheepish face while he/she became instantly paranoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'd never do that.

Weekend working sub-minimum-wage chemist shelf stackers live by a code, Dex.

You did it, didn't you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

i laughed my ass off

Vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Bwhahaha! hate that.
    I did that to tonys PC monitor a few months ago with a faulty P99 that tried to kill me,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bwhahaha! hate that.
    I did that to tonys PC monitor a few months ago with a faulty P99 that tried to kill me,.

Yeah faulty p99, more like 3 months of planning down the toilet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Rick O'Shea strikes again. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yeah faulty p99, more like 3 months of planning down the toilet

Dont worry....you have 3 weeks to booby-trap his desk !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Bwhahaha! hate that.

It was amazing to watch though. You nearly took your face off, the expression on you was priceless...

Shiva wrote: »
    Dont worry....you have 3 weeks to booby-trap his desk !

when ppl went away in one of my old jobs we just taped the entire contents of there desk together as a holiday punichment.. lots of sellotape ... very funny seeing someone comeing back on there first day with there whole desk taped to there monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

I used to work in a chemist, and had the opposite problem (By which I don't mean I became incontinent) with customers. I was there to sell cough drops and dust shelves, but people still insisted on telling me what was wrong with them in creepy and nauseating detail.

In a small town, too. You haven't lived until you've sold your Geography Teacher suppositories.

Yeah, but imagine if you decided you wanted to do that for a living...enter mois :D

scanlant wrote: »
    Yeah, but imagine if you decided you wanted to do that for a living...enter mois :D

what selling suppositories to geography teachers? have you done any market research? is it a big market?

It's about 3/4in x 3/8in...

...I'll get my coat

NakedDex wrote: »

...I'll get my coat

LMFAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

NakedDex wrote: »

...I'll get my coat

Post of the week! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Should I fix my sig?

I'm lazy and I've been enjoying the ghettoness of my shabby signature, but perhaps it's making me look like a bigger luddite than I actually am.

What do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I like ur sig, it makes me think ur a n00b, however its the one sig that i always read, just incase you change it a little.

Also.
    21:16 < DOC> yeah just the butt, yeah sam thats my motto tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I don't like being associated with DOC and his butt obsession.

quite the paintob for you MC heads
    MC-G36.JPG

box mag rapes g36 shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭ACW

Question: Why, despite the Bull pub configuration being tactically and technically superior to the standard rifle layout, do so many people have the hate for it?

Same reason the Abrams tank uses a smoothbore cannon and a jet engine instead of the Challenger II's superior rifled barrel and diesel engine; people are set in there ways and prefer familiar things to the unexpected. Also, bullpups tend to not look quite as aggresive as other rifles due to a smaller profile and encased body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ACW wrote: »
    Question: Why, despite the Bull pub configuration being tactically and technically superior to the standard rifle layout, do so many people have the hate for it?

I*n airsoft?

Well the Army l85 was a brutal airsoft piece, and not to mention its a horrible rifle lookiwise.

But also, in actual use, it was horrible in the real world. I remember reading about it being total fail and just horrible to use.

The steyr aug isnt too bad, its just i hate the trigger mech on it. The front grip is woefully flimsy and it just doesnt appeal to me.

Plus id argue it being superior to other rifles in airsoft

Yes and no. The L85A1, made by Enfield was terrible, suffered woeful jamming problems etc. The L85A2, however was redesigned and overhauled by H&K and turned into a fantastic rifle by all accounts, solving all previous problems.

The trigger mech on the AUG in airsoft, isn't quite like the real one. It's a shame they don't come with the ALO built in as it would solve all those issues with it's two-stage pull.

The bullpup is technically superior. Similar or greater barrel length in a smaller package, better balance etc. But then again, the G11 with it's caseless ammo and recoil dampers is also superior. Whether it's more or less effective depends on the user, and therein lies the secret as to why people like or dislike them: comfort and familiarity.

I was talking in airsoft, as to discuss the real steel may incure wrath of Moderators. But quickly for the Real life disagreement and to clear it up.

The SA80 was another example of MOD Fail.

Styer, FAMAS, Tavor TAR-21 etc are all highly thought of in real life.

In airsoft, aren't their barrel lenghts as long if not longer than standard styles, while the rifles are shorter (and ergo more tactically sound).

Its a bit easier to re-load a regular configuration than a bull pup also.

I find it easier at least, and a bit quicker.

I find the L85 a tax awkward to reload, but the Steyr I find to be very easy. It depends strongly on the magwell configuration on any rifle. For example, I find rock-in mags to be a pain, but some prefer them because they find them easier. That's why I always say, before someone buys a rifle, they should get a grip of it first and see if it suits them.

• Advertisement

I love rock ins, but did find them awkward to begin with.

Its kid of the charm of them, you have to get a good technique going to do it really quickly, but there is a definite point where they are seated in, so no need to slap the base of the mag to ensure its seated.

In a rush, you can also knock out an empty mag with a fresh one just by whacking the mag release with the new mag. Great craic with mids in a firefight, looks cool too!

I had an aug briefly, and the reloads weren't awful, but definitely took some getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I do like rock ins myself, getting a Sig 552 next week to replace my AK for a while wanted a similarish mag type as i'm so used to AK mags now (and didn't want an armalite in the end!)

Not a fan of sigs, the airsoft ones anyway, very plasticy and toy like.

JG and TM models.

Had a mess with the JG 550 or whatever the long on is, not impressed at all.

Maybe get a hk416? Good respectable piece and not an epic fail in RS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I find the Steyr AUG uncomfortable to shoulder and impossible to do any kind of reasonably quick mag changes on.

The L85a2 is a bit better, but still find it awkward to do mag changes.

The Tavor... looks pretty good, haven't held one but I'd imagine it'd be a similar problem with mag changes.

The P90 on the other hand, which people sometimes forget is infact a bullpup, I use regularly and absolutely love, it's bullpup so you've got a longer than apparent barrel length in a small package, and the mag changes are very very easy and quick to do.

More specifically, the airsoft p90 is probably one of the best airsoft guns in terms of range and accuracy and much smaller and compact than most.

ACW wrote: »

youre wrong there mate...the bulp up configuration is only technicaly superior...tactically it is not in many aspects...like i said bulp up i s a hype...everyone went nuts about its pros and completely ignored its cons...same reason why a majority of rangers prefer to field the HK33 rather than the AUG...same reason the sas ditched the SA80 even after its reliability issue was fixed...bulp up has as many disadvantages as advantages....and some of its advantages are not even practical...the royal marines in iraq say that in a firefight when wearing full combat kit they are having nightmarish issues about having to reload as the kit on youre chest gets in the way of reloading...also there has been 14 injuries in A-stan due to the way the bulp up rifles have to be reloaded when in the prone position, as it leaves the users arm exposed...Bulp-up and Standard configuration are at an even standstill at the moment, the only advantage of bulp-up is in semi auto sniper rifles...as the user is skilled enough to make proper use of the longer barrell for overall lenght...

wow that was a rant:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

That's why the P90 is such a clever and useful design, not near as many of the bulpup cons

That's why the P90 is such a clever and useful design, not near as many of the bulpup cons

I think the reloading issue is the reson the put the mag up on top!

As a MilSimer (which isn't the same a live real fire combat zone I know), I have found the shorter profile and better weigh balance to be huge advantages. I have never had a problem reloading in prone, but true, I have never had grenades strapped to my chest!

I dont think bulp up is a bad design...IT has many advantages as disadvantages...but that is..its not better in every single way like people think....And i am already familiar with the standard design so that kind of leaves me to stick with it lol.... skirmishing, i dont see any advantages a bulp up has ever me...considerinfg the G3 normally still has a longer barrel lol:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

<---pops in.

Opps, thought this was the off topic thread. :p

<---pops out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement