Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Since when have an post charged a vat handling fee? Loada me bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Skream, Jackmaster, Loadstar (Xample and Lomax) With Tonn Piper, Sgt. Pokes, and a very large sound system....

I love my work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Meh, call me when you get Dragonforce on that system and I'll be impressed.

(and, with any luck, attending)

NakedDex wrote: »
    Meh, call me when you get Dragonforce on that system and I'll be impressed.

(and, with any luck, attending)
    We've had them in our 3k venue before, and Motorhead :P

Let me rephrase that: when I see Dragonforce on that system, I'll be impressed.

• Advertisement

Spoilsport :P

Also, For the record, I hate DJs that think Red is better... Had to get the house manager to slap this twit around the head for square waving the crap out of my system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Ugh, dragonforce - get some Gojira on that!

Red means bad for a reason. I used to hate when people drove spikes on the desk like it was something to be proud of.

Also, Ger, shut it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ronan keane

‎(True Story Alert) My dad was telling me last night while he was working in the mail centre some eejit put a stamp and an address on a banana....Because it had a stamp and an address on it they had to send it on......This eejit is my hero.
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

‎(True Story Alert) My dad was telling me last night while he was working in the mail centre some eejit put a stamp and an address on a banana....Because it had a stamp and an address on it they had to send it on......This eejit is my hero.
    :cool:
    For practical reasons I imagine they had to make sure it was delivered in 3 days too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So - sitting on my flight this morning leaving Dublin, I happen to glance across the tarmac to see .... three olive drab chinooks sitting all lonesome on the deck at the other side of the airport! Obviously they're waiting for their owners to come take them back or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

They were damaged in the high winds and Obama kinda forgot about them me thinks

MagicIRL wrote: »
    They were damaged in the high winds and Obama kinda forgot about them me thinks
    They are British Chinooks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Praise God/Allah/Flying Spagetti Monster for proxy servers!!

Armyshop loads :rolleyes:

Why, if they could be, would they be at Dublin Airport? We barely have enough as it is, and those that aren't in Afganistan, are under repair/servicing/testride in the uk before going back to replace returning airframes. Plus factor in the mil (mil only) service records, they wouldnt be allowed there... It's not like the raf pops over for a quick pint for lunch either... we don't exactly fly to the republic remotely often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

They are US Army aircraft. Big thread over on Aviation forum with photos

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056274771

Still in dub from Obamarama?

MICROCHIP IMPLANT ALLOWS ISLAMIC TERRORISTS TO SPEAK TO GOD

The implant is specifically designed to be injected in the forehead.

When properly installed, it will allow the terrorist to speak to God.

It comes in various sizes: Generally from

..223 to .50 cal..

GetInline.aspx?messageid=953f75b9-83bf-11e0-beca-001e0bcc07c8&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3a000901cc17cc%24533018d0%2480FE1ABD%40LJLaptop&hm__login=rachaelambest&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.126.8&d=d1838&mf=0&hm__ts=Thu%2c%2009%20Jun%202011%2014%3a45%3a41%20GMT&st=rachaelambest&hm__ha=01_eaab331a6f9c5e612ba23c47f6cac5a5f9644635e6ca87680c9733c7a304c8ae&oneredir=1
    The exact size of the implant will be selected by a well-trained and highly skilled technician, who will also make the injection..
    No Anesthetic is required.

The implant may or may not be painless. Side effects, like headaches, nausea, aches and pains are extremely temporary.

Some bleeding or swelling may occur at the injection site. In most cases, you won't even notice it.

Please enjoy the security we provide for you.

Best regards,

GetInline.aspx?messageid=953f75b9-83bf-11e0-beca-001e0bcc07c8&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&imgsrc=cid%3a000a01cc17cc%24533018d0%2480FE1ABD%40LJLaptop&hm__login=rachaelambest&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.126.8&d=d1838&mf=0&hm__ts=Thu%2c%2009%20Jun%202011%2014%3a45%3a41%20GMT&st=rachaelambest&hm__ha=01_5c4ae119743e297ac21a29380598b0b173f9886ada26408c63f502de7cfb2dd5&oneredir=1
    GetInline.aspx?messageid=953f75b9-83bf-11e0-beca-001e0bcc07c8&attindex=2&cp=-1&attdepth=2&imgsrc=cid%3a000b01cc17cc%24533018d0%2480FE1ABD%40LJLaptop&hm__login=rachaelambest&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.126.8&d=d1838&mf=0&hm__ts=Thu%2c%2009%20Jun%202011%2014%3a45%3a41%20GMT&st=rachaelambest&hm__ha=01_6987ee3d57c7112e69fe3f0da2c7a603af9c499e127c469be1e0d0121e9f71e9&oneredir=1

The most random, hilarious, and downright odd Spam email ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

So - sitting on my flight this morning leaving Dublin, I happen to glance across the tarmac to see .... three olive drab chinooks sitting all lonesome on the deck at the other side of the airport! Obviously they're waiting for their owners to come take them back or something...

They were damaged in high winds.

As of a few days ago, two are ready to be flown back to Germany, one is being worked on to get it ready to be flown back to Germany and another one has been dismantled to be transported back to the US.

• Advertisement

So we managed to down four Chinooks in-country while immobilising US president's vehicle for twenty minutes without firing a shot...

Not bad for a neutral country.

So we managed to down four Chinooks in-country while immobilising US president's vehicle for twenty minutes without firing a shot...

I understood the immobilisation of the presidents vehicle occured on US soil. So not our fault:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

English Paper 2 - Only studied 3 poets.....those 3 appear on the paper...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Dogwatch wrote: »
    I understood the immobilisation of the presidents vehicle occured on US soil.

Better still, a covert incursion on foreign soil, didn't leave a single footprint

I understood the immobilisation of the presidents vehicle occured on US soil. So not our fault:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sort of. It was half way across the border when it happened. Besides, who do you think put it there?

Pretty impressive work all be told... But then, Ireland is probably the only country with the balls to stand up to the US :P If that had been a mulsim nation, the conspiracy theorists would talk of insurgents standing at the airfield perimeter wire with paper fans, and secret nighttime kerb raising :P
    swiftblade wrote: »

The art of blagging it... you have done well my child *pats on head regally*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

swiftblade wrote: »

Only studied 1 and Ms Boland didn't dissapoint :p

Sort of. It was half way across the border when it happened. Besides, who do you think put it there?
    I thought the Americans did it as part of their security. What would we know about securing an embassy. :p:p:D:D

Firekitten wrote: »
    Pretty impressive work all be told... But then, Ireland is probably the only country with the balls to stand up to the US :P If that had been a mulsim nation, the conspiracy theorists would talk of insurgents standing at the airfield perimeter wire with paper fans, and secret nighttime kerb raising :P

Between that and a random hippy destroying a C17 with a hammer... We've always been kings of the sneaky guerilla stuff though.
    I thought the Americans did it as part of their security. What would we know about securing an embassy. :p:p:D:D

The Americans asked for it, the Irish installed it. As for what would we know; officially? Nothing. Unofficially? Well...

• Advertisement

Is this a bad time to say....

"hello there boss, would ye like ye driveway tarmaced?"

**** it, I wen't there.

And risk the embassy gates going missing while O'Bama is off having a pint?

Well it is D4... They have to pay for that coke habbit somehow.

That's such a stereotype. Just because coca-cola sells well in certain postcodes, doesn't mean everyone there has chronic barrier-acquisition issues.

Can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiit!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Can't wait to get a shot of this :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Harveey wrote: »

The first time I've ever been tempted by motion gaming :D And it's not about trying to dance or jump around in your living room :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Harveey wrote: »

sweeeeeet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

http://humansvszombies.org/

Ha ha - class.
    Naturally nerf guns are less threatening than airsoft stuff - being all day glow etc... but good practical training for the inevitable Z Day Event...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

I learned how to spell 'Pterodactyles'... who woulda known there was a silent P huh?
    xXx

• Advertisement

I'm in love with "The Walking Dead" :D

Please, I've been waiting on S2 since last year. FXHD iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

I'm in love with "The Walking Dead" :D
    Funny you would mention that, I just watched the first season 2 days ago! thought it was absolutly amazing!
    xXx

I've heard good things about the comics and the TV show but unfortunately haven't read/watched the Walking dead yet. :(

But I have started watching the one and only season of Firefly by Joss Whedon. I'm sci-fi fan and had heard about how some people loved it although it was cancelled and wanted to see for myself. I'm enjoying what I've seen so far and can see why people liked it.

I did watch the later movie Serenity first and then wanted to see the show.

Firefly is better than Serenity, but Serenity does show how far they thought out the characters/universe/story before Firefly was canned. Incredible shame. Wasted potential.

That happens a lot with good shows in the US though. Unless they're immediately top-dollar earners that explode to popularity (like How I Met Your Mother did when it debuted) they barely make it to a second season. Classic example is Life, a brilliant little twist on a cop show with good writing and a sense of humour about itself. Only made it to the second season, and you can tell about half way through the second one, they had to push the storyline harder to finish it before the season ended, obviously after being told the plug was pulled.
    Look at The Unit too. That was held steady popularity with good ratings, but because it didn't hit superstar status, they tanked it abruptly after the fourth season ended.

I honestly think, had they made Firefly in Britain, they'd have gotten six or seven seasons out if it. The British production companies are a lot more pragmatic about these things. They got 8 years out of Spooks despite average-at-best ratings and high cast turnovers (although that meant they could randomly kill any main character they wanted, which added to it if anything).

such is the us capitalism that drives thier media industries... The sarah conor chronicles... only just getting good... canned.
    Stargate universe... getting GREAT.... canned.
    Firefly... canned
    Drivel like Lost allowed to continue... abomination.

And then they bastardise various British shows into brutally mutated "American audience friendly" (read: humour/wit/irony removal) variations and claim them to be their own until they flop through bad writing and terrible production.
    Life On Mars is a classic example. British original with John Simm and Glenn Hollister (?), clever (if a little odd in sub-plot) show about hard-ass cops in old Fords. The Gene character became iconic by himself, despite being the supporting actor.
    American version? Add in a brand-name actor, increase the violence beyond "believable hard-ass cop" to "characture/pastiche", change the affordable classic Ford for pointless muscle car and remove all wit, intelligence and subtle political comment.

They fund that dirge, but they won't fund a second season of Firefly or a third season of the relatively inexpensive Life.

Americans ruin everything... admitedly its because most of thier audiences cannot understand the inteligent british comedy... it goes right over thier heads. Plus, if it doesn't have 'american' in the name, its unpatriotic, and thus, a terrorist. And as such, the good patriotic population cannot be found to be supporting terrorism by watching its tv shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

I learned how to spell 'Pterodactyles'... who woulda known there was a silent P huh?
    xXx

You mean your physician, psychiatrist or psychologist never told you that all psychologically unbalanced pseudo patients who get stung by psithyrus and suffer from ptyalism then pneumonia and pneogasteric swelling then phthisis could have prevented it by using pneumocystics in pill form
    Holy crap!! :)

I do have to agree with you NakedDex, I'm enjoying watching the Firefly series more than I enjoyed watching Serenity.

I happened to stumble upon Serenity when I was trying to find a good movie that I hadn't seen before. Then I found Firefly, I had previously known that the movie was based off the series.

I'm currently eight episodes into Firefly, it is an outright shame that it was cancelled. The same can be said for other good to great series which were cancelled in America like the examples that have been given here.

I had enjoyed what little I got to see of the sarah conor chronicles and stargate universe.

I'm not sure if I saw Life (is that the one based on after the protoagonist is released from prison and what they do after?), I might have seen a small bit of it and what I saw I liked also.

As for Spooks, I got into that very late in the series (the last two I think) and found it quite good and enjoyed it. And I did find the way that the line-up could dramatically change while the show still managed to be good with good characters very interesting and stopped things from going stale.

Damn, now I know I watch too much TV, lol :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement