Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

I'm failing to see how its ruining "airsof"??????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Tenuous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

because of paintjobs like that ! if you were in a skirmish and some young lad decides to follow you around with a shiny glossy gun with red streaks accross it what would happen?.... You'd be spoted strait away! Therefore COD ruins airsoft. Another reason why COD ruins airsoft is eejits who think they do the exact same thing in the skirmish feild as they did at 3am the previouse morning and how their all brilliant weapons experts refrenceing cod as their source of knowlege :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I wear ACU. It doesn't get much more stark, bright and out of place in a dark green environment such as a skirmish field. I've never had a problem.
    Tan guns are even brighter than that, and their popularity is huge. I also have a silver plated AK. I'm not sure you can actually get a more shiny rifle than that.

While I somewhat agree that the superiority complex of many new players is both frustrating and horrendously annoying, it's less prevalent lately and quite easily dealt with. The "noob tube" references are my personal bugbear, but it's no worse than someone telling you a full and complete history of the rifle they're carrying as if it were the real thing.
    I wouldn't, however, say that it's ruining airsoft because of a paint job and a few hyper-active kids. CoD is the single biggest recruiting tool for airsoft, and an incredibly effective one at that. I'm not at all a fan of CoD, and I loathe online console gaming, but airsoft wouldn't have grown as much as it has done in the last few years without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Some of you might remember this show back in the day! Bahahahahah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

*Gruff Voice*

YA SEE TOM.....OIVE GOT A MICKEY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

NakedDex wrote: »
    CoD is the single biggest recruiting tool for airsoft, and an incredibly effective one at that. I'm not at all a fan of CoD, and I loathe online console gaming, but airsoft wouldn't have grown as much as it has done in the last few years without it.

You know. I hate CoD.
    Why?
    Because without CoD I would never have discovered airsoft and I'd have money...

I don't blame CoD for numpties wishing to paint their guns in day glow colours - I blame bad taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

On a totally seperate topic KSC Glocks are awesome - I found one mashed into the mud and dirt at my usual site 5 months ago (it had been there for three months) and we decided to see if it still worked, bear in mind it was rusted, covered in dirt and in a heap. Yet when we gassed it up, it fed and fired perfectly with amazing range.

Moral of the story - Don't clean your pistols - bury them and and abuse them!

Leftyflip wrote: »
    On a totally seperate topic KSC Glocks are awesome - I found one mashed into the mud and dirt at my usual site 5 months ago (it had been there for three months) and we decided to see if it still worked, bear in mind it was rusted, covered in dirt and in a heap. Yet when we gassed it up, it fed and fired perfectly with amazing range.

Really???????????? :eek:

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    Really???????????? :eek:

Yup - not a word of a lie.

• Advertisement

awsome got a get me one of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I lost my g19 (KSC) At a game once, found it later in a brick trench, suffed, dirty, and a chunk of brick in the ejection port.

Shook it off, and carried on skirmishing :D

They are rather hard guns to kill.

Have a look at this:
    http://gizmodo.com/5826491/is-this-a-ufo-on-the-bottom-of-the-ocean

It's time to get Chewie and Han Solo out of there!
    Joking aside - this actually made the main stream media - wonder what the hell it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

do not really know what to make of this, seeing an eod suit in a game show is just wrong

very silly, very video game, very airsoft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Wow, what a bunch douchebags.

That presenters voice makes me laugh, uncontrollably...

I've cleaned an awful lot of strange things out of guns - pine needles, fag butts, paper, paint, grass, but the weirdest has to most definitely be blutac (or what appeared to be bluetac...). Words can't describe the confusion and curiousity of this most recent conundrum...

Puding wrote: »

do not really know what to make of this, seeing an eod suit in a game show is just wrong

very silly, very video game, very airsoft

You know, looking at that makes me feel better about being an airsofter.
    At least we realise we're walts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I've cleaned an awful lot of strange things out of guns - pine needles, fag butts, paper, paint, grass, but the weirdest has to most definitely be blutac (or what appeared to be bluetac...). Words can't describe the confusion and curiousity of this most recent conundrum...

it does have a million and one uses Ger :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Puding wrote: »

'Joined Delta Force' yeah I really believe you.....even if you did would you disclose that on a tv program? That show is so over the top..and that Myke Hawke guy..jesus...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That Myke Hawke has a voice like testicles, petrol, and spanners....

What a hilarious show though.

That Myke Hawke has a voice like testicles, petrol, and spanners....

What a hilarious show though. If it was any other country, id call it a spoof. But its american... and sadly, they're deadly serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

You know, looking at that makes me feel better about being an airsofter.
    At least we realise we're walts...

The show is capitalizing off civvie's love for SOF, especially after the Bin Laden carry on. It was always going to be over the top.

However, the Military lads competing in the show all did their time in their teams. They're not close to walts. Myke Hawke on the other hand....
    Blay wrote: »
    'Joined Delta Force' yeah I really believe you.....even if you did would you disclose that on a tv program? That show is so over the top..and that Myke Hawke guy..jesus...:rolleyes:

He served in Delta Force.

I know a bloke who's on a future episode, former 75th Ranger Regiment, according to him the whole show is ridiculously scripted and Hollywood. They tried to make it as "Hollywood" as possible, even down to telling the lads what they should be saying to each other etc. He hated his time on it.

Apparently Myke Hawke isn't loved in the SF community, both for his actions while serving and his actions when he went "Hollywood.

A lot of ex forces guys in the US will happily talk about a lot of thier SOF units. They dont seem to be as exlusive, and secretive in general as the Rangers, or Sas. SOme us units are of course, but delta, the rangers, green lot, seem to talk about it once out... in, they dont, but when out, happily mention it, so when they say it in the show, It doesnt quite hold the same 'I was in the sas me' 'yeah right' quality.

Its far different whith Irish army ranger ever see a book or documentry on them...... Didnt think so :cool:

Thats only because the Ranger Wing doesnt offer creative writing classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Firekitten wrote: »
    Thats only because the Ranger Wing doesnt offer creative writing classes.

Unlike those in the SAS, taught by Andy McNabb

I like his books but I dont understand why he has a fictional series and a factual one :confused: also I believe the less publicised a special/secret force is the better their doing there job :D and theres plenty of wana be rangers and sas and seals all over the airsoft comunity but no Ranger Wing :) cos its pretty mutch ilegle

J.D.R wrote: »
    Unlike those in the SAS, taught by Andy McNabb
    That was the Joke, yes.
    F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    plenty of wana be rangers and sas and seals all over the airsoft comunity but no Ranger Wing :) cos its pretty mutch ilegle
    In the general airsoft community, outside Ireland, not many know about the Rangers. In Ireland, any black kit is 'rangers' any ... oh wait, no paddyflage.

• Advertisement

Well yes they do have a black load-out but they normally wear the 'paddyflage' as their primary role is recce and you cant do much recce in chad and lebanon dressed in black

Whatever these shower are on, I want some.

It's funny - I don't know why but it's funny.

At least we now know what the number one cause of sickies on Australia is ....

possum attack!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Whatever these shower are on, I want some.

Welcome to 2003!

Gerrowadat, it's impolite to point out that I've been out of circulation for a few years. I don't like to think about that time gap ... in the prison, they made me ... do things ... :D

• Advertisement

in the prison, they made me ... do things ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

so will the REAL IAA stand up for the people that stand up for them ?

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    so will the REAL IAA stand up for the people that stand up for them ?

Grow up man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

swiftblade wrote: »
    Grow up man.

Was watching "big" on film4 on Saturday.

Arkslippy wrote: »
    Was watching "big" on film4 on Saturday.

Good movie. Don't like Tom Hanks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I love Dicey, great guy, solid bloke.

But he literally must have just snorted a kilo of cocaine if he thinks hes going to win by taking a boards.ie mod on at quote tennis haha!

Fair play to Steve for letting that thread run a few :D

Also,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056350295

Brilliant thread, we are literally turning into the gutter press " reliable source" that is literally an exact translation, to someone who doesnt enjoy eating the sleeves of their Cedarwood state jumper from pennies

"I'm going to tell a whopper load of cock and ball combo here, but I might jsut get away with it"

HAHAHAH

TheDoc wrote: »
    someone who doesnt enjoy eating the sleeves of their Cedarwood state jumper from pennies

Awesome. That's me sorted for a new way to insult people! Wait though Doc - be careful ... oooooooh ... that could be defamatory to Pennies!
    You're associating their doubtlessly legendary products with a certain sort of hate inducing cretinous individual thereby damaging their company rep!

Bad form Doc - I think you're going to seriously need to start retaining some lawyers to deal with the inevitable back lash. Or perhaps the posts will just magically disappear and it'll all be kosher...

Scumbags, complete scumbags in Clapham - in some countries people have to fight just to live, there they're fighting and rioting over hair straighteners...

Scumbags, complete scumbags in Clapham - in some countries people have to fight just to live, there they're fighting and rioting over hair straighteners...

Have to agree. Feel like punching the TV. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Have to agree. Feel like punching the TV. :mad:
    But then you'd break it and have to join the rioters to loot a new one...

Steve wrote: »
    But then you'd break it and have to join the rioters to loot a new one...

...or go and punch a few of them. Wouldn't fix the TV, but would make me feel better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

...or go and punch a few of them. Wouldn't fix the TV, but would make me feel better :)
    Yeah, watching it on Sky News at the mo, it's very disturbing. I'm just thinking how easy it could spark off here given we've been infinitely more fncked up by our 'leaders'.

Steve wrote: »
    Yeah, watching it on Sky News at the mo, it's very disturbing. I'm just thinking how easy it could spark off here given we've been infinitely more fncked up by our 'leaders'.

What anoys me too is they keep refering back to the police shooting as the trigger for these other events, when in reality people just thought it would be good crack to kick up a fuss.
    Mob rule. Pople turn into nothing more than animals when in a crowd. You may even be surprised to find out some of those people rioting have normal everyday jobs, money, well educated. It's not just the lower classes.

But they won't be the ones who pay. They will go home tonight back to their beds, maybe have a brew, while others are left homeless. Lives destroyed. Pure and utter scum. :mad:

To hell with that lads - this isn't over some lad getting shot by police - this looks to be opportunism and sheer scumbag-ism.

I'm following this on on facebook (through friends status updates from people living there) and on newsnight - it's staggering to watch entire city blocks in Croydon up in flames.

Check this out:

http://twitter.com/#!/paullewis

Not the biggest fan of twitter, but for 'on the spot' reporting of this it's the only way to go.

/// latest seems to be that it's spread to Notting Hill - so it's not just the 'usual' areas...

When you see them breaking into a Ladbrokes you know it has nothing to do with a shooting.

People always complain the irish don't protest enough. Thank F**k they don't :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement