Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Mag and Spring just came to the door, I expect Customs ae checking it out, hopefully I'll have it tomorrow...

Status now says delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

(I figured this is most appropriate place to put this thread)

Last week I decided to brush up on my ancient html and Dreamweaver skills. I decided to create a website with the goal being that I would (re)learn skills whilst building it. I decided on a Airsoft related website.

And so, I'd like to introduce you to the new Church Of Airsoft website.

http://churchofairsoft.freehostia.com/

It even has it's own forum. Please note though that this is not some attempt to replace boards.ie or any other. In fact, I have no idea if anyone will even use it. It's not restricted to just Irish players though, and I'd love to see some players from abroad joining in.

So, this tongue-in-cheek website is basically a project to help me brush up on my skills. Hopefully you'll find it somewhat amusing.

I want to add some stuff to the website like an Events calendar and enable embedded code on the forums. I'll get to that in the next few days hopefully. I also want to reskin the forum so it matches the main site, but from what I've read, it's a right pain. Still, good experience though. Oh and of course, I'll be getting a proper domain.

Anyway, that's all from me. Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

the story of mizdu is very funny...if i could plead for the addidition of an irish development

if i might be so bold as to ask to add in a section on Newgrange..no one knows what it is was or by who...well until recently thousands of airsoft aegs were found in a grave at Knowth..

sure looks like a defend the base take the flag site to me...its obvious what the big stones are for --cover ..isnt it?? :D

the story of mizdu is very funny...if i could plead for the addidition of an irish development

if i might be so bold as to ask to add in a section on Newgrange..no one knows what it is was or by who...well until recently thousands of airsoft aegs were found in a grave at Knowth..

sure looks like a defend the base take the flag site to me...its obvious what the big stones are for --cover ..isnt it?? :D

I'll work on adding that in later. I hadn't thought of it. Good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

very good Crazy, love the story of Mizdu

Might I make two suggestions?

Have the menu on the left present on all pages instead of just the home link, makes naviagation much easier.

secondly, nothing kills a forum quicker than having too many seperate forum categories, keep it to the one for now and then add extra fora as necessary

kdouglas wrote: »
    very good Crazy, love the story of Mizdu

Might I make two suggestions?

Have the menu on the left present on all pages instead of just the home link, makes naviagation much easier.

secondly, nothing kills a forum quicker than having too many seperate forum categories, keep it to the one for now and then add extra fora as necessary

Yup, full menu's on each page is on my 'to do' list. Forum catergories are a pain. Hard to know what to add, where to put stuff etc. I'll tidy it up.

Cheers for the suggestions.

EDIT: Full Menu's added to each page & forum categories cleaned up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StealMe

here is the news report about the airsoft in Israel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifkFG5ibhBc

StealMe wrote: »
    here is the news report about the airsoft in Israel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifkFG5ibhBc

Interesting, especially considering the political situation over in that region.

With compulsary military service in Israel, I'd imagine the teams are quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StealMe

yes,because in Israel have to serve in the army most of the teams have a very good techniques.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

if i might be so bold as to ask to add in a section on Newgrange..no one knows what it is was or by who..

Yes they do!!! It was a calender system and burial tomb. As well as a ritual chamber for solstice events! STAY AWAY FROM MEATH HERITAGE!!!

Bloody hell, first Tara, now Newgrange. Dubs won't be happy until they've tarmaced the country for parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

NakedDex wrote: »
    Yes they do!!! It was a calender system and burial tomb. As well as a ritual chamber for solstice events! STAY AWAY FROM MEATH HERITAGE!!!

Bloody hell, first Tara, now Newgrange. Dubs won't be happy until they've tarmaced the country for parking.

errr....im not from dublin...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If anyone's interested, Gamestop are selling off their old second hand xboxes for €20!

I just bought two in Bray. Some of the other stores seem to be sold out.

Going to softmod them both with xbmc. Dedicated emulation system! wooh.

errr....im not from dublin...:D

Pff, you're a sympathiser, you're just as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

o1s1n wrote: »
    If anyone's interested, Gamestop are selling off their old second hand xboxes for €20!

Sweet, i kept mine but was thinking about dragging it out along with the Dreamcast :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I must see about modding my second Xbox. I already have one chipped. Dunno what I'll do with two.

• Advertisement

I'm useless with electronics, i wouldn't even try mod mine

I just wiggled a soldering iron around inside mine and it did stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

Sir, I slept until 5pm today so I've got more energy than a 10year old after a 6 pack of Red Bull. Plus kdouglas has my interest in something reignited so I can't sleep. I'm drawing circuit diagrams on every bit of paper I can find.

Dont sell 6 packs of red bull.... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

IRC is dead tonight
    have people all of a sudden gotten lives?
    damn you...:rolleyes:

Well it is friday night Giz ;) Only the broke people (me) in tonight!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

feylya wrote: »
    I must see about modding my second Xbox. I already have one chipped. Dunno what I'll do with two.
    zero19 wrote: »
    I'm useless with electronics, i wouldn't even try mod mine

Here's the great part.

To mod an xbox, you no longer need to do anything hardware wise. No soldering. No mod chips. Nothing.

You can now softmod them with exploits using a memory card and one of three games. Either - Splinter Cell, James Bond Agent Under Fire or Mechassault.

You have to make sure they're the original versions though. Later ones had the exploit removed.

it works just as well as a modchip. I've spent this evening reading up on the process, and it's the easiest modification ever. (Well, next to the DS). That's why this 20 euro xbox deal was so damn tempting.

Going to sort out ordering the necessary bits and bobs from ebay during the week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hmm i may have that James bond game actually...Sweet

Ah, I'd have to chip it, install Media Center on it properly, upgrade the HDD. Hmm, might install GentooX on one...

Master of the Universe

You can install any media center you want on it without chipping it now. It's a rare case where mod chipping has no advantage whatsoever over software modification.

Actually, soft modding it allows you to continue using live so I've read. So if anything it has an advantage. ;) I plan on getting a couple of big hard drive for them at some point too.

Never played Live on the originals. Use Live on the 360 occasionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

o1s1n wrote: »

yea, I got one too in henry street :) going to install xbmc during the week

you can hot-swap the hdd instead of having to buy those games you know?
    Gizmodeon wrote: »
    IRC is dead tonight
    have people all of a sudden gotten lives?
    damn you...:rolleyes:

indeed it is, hurry up and get on there all of you :)

Master of the Universe

feylya wrote: »
    Never played Live on the originals. Use Live on the 360 occasionally.

I have no real interest in using it for xbox games or live myself. Only game I'd like to have a bash at is Ninja Gaiden. Everything else I either have on the ps2 or have absolutely no interest in playing (*cough*halo*cough)
    kdouglas wrote: »
    you can hot-swap the hdd instead of having to buy those games you know?

I'm just after reading that on another site this very moment.

Blasphemy. Newgrange was created by the almighty Mizdu.

"On the 10th day, which also happened to be the shortest day of the year, Mizdu founded the first official skirmish location and named it Newgrange. This huge mound made an excellent defensive position for Capture the Flag games. He surrounded it with 35 giant stones for use as cover. He also decided to use natural lighting to illuminate inside the base which was very effective and impressive looking. All was well until Mizdu discovered that this natural lighting worked for a minutes and only for a few days of the year"

Probably the funniest video i've seen in a long time :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=p72LPMkmeSc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Goooooooooooooooooooooomorning Skirmishnam

Master of the Universe

Gatling wrote: »
    Goooooooooooooooooooooomorning Skirmishnam

Welcome back Gat :)

thanks man ,bleedin strange not be able to post ,im on my best behaviour from now on,

20 euro for an xbox thats mad

Gatling wrote: »
    thanks man ,bleedin strange not be able to post ,im on my best behaviour from now on,

20 euro for an xbox thats mad

Ban for poor use of grammar!

says our own L .R.Hubbert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated:

'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'

In response to Bill's comments, Gen eral Motors issued a press release stating:

"If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........Twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation' warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same m anne r as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Welcome to 1998!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Great!!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement

SLIM19198 wrote: »

Oh I so want one of them...now. That torch looks fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Heres two humerous vids I found relating to airsoft:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WvjjP6zpDQM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jFYQwX2EayE
    (Check out the Barrett in this one!!:eek:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol, those 10 commandments are funny, as posted a few months ago though.,

Kristov wrote: »
    For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated:

'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'

In response to Bill's comments, Gen eral Motors issued a press release stating:

"If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........Twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation' warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same m anne r as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine off.

This is really old and neither Bill Gates nor any of GM's staff make those quotes. In particular, GM would have avoided such as it would have been slander.

Anyway, here's a picture of my future wife.
    nbg_rodberg_tjej.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

nbg_rodberg_tjej.jpg

lol,

What's her name Dex?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

This is really old and neither Bill Gates nor any of GM's staff make those quotes. In particular, GM would have avoided such as it would have been slander.

nbg_rodberg_tjej.jpg

What is it I find so 'interesting' about Swedish women in BDUs? ;)

Now if you get a team of them at HRTA I'll even cross the Liffey :D

• Advertisement

Her name is Korpral Holm, that's all you need to know. That and she can kill you as quick as look at you. So eyes off, she's allll mine.

If I get a team of them together, they're going nowhere near HRTA. They'll be staying in my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

have to say man, you got great taste in camo!! Shes mighty puurty.

If you don't mind me saying.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

:eek:
    dex! shes not for you!., look at her left arm, its the DUBLIN crest., :p:D lmao.,

i like her in that pic dex .better than the usual one you post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Her name is Korpral Holm, that's all you need to know. That and she can kill you as quick as look at you. So eyes off, she's allll mine.

If I get a team of them together, they're going nowhere near HRTA. They'll be staying in my house.

Looks like your gaff is very well-defended. And then you come here on boards to moan about how come the stuff Tony posts to you somehow never reaches your house...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement