Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

80's TV

A-TEAM
    KNIGHT RIDER
    DUKES OF HAZZARD(daisey duke)
    THE FALL GUY
    STREET HAWK(knight rider on a trailey)
    MANIMAL
    AIRWOLF
    MAC GUIVER
    HILL ST BLUES
    ELECTRO MAN
    BLUE THUNDER
    THE INVISIBLE MAN (with the watch)
    MIAMI VICE(Ferrari cop car that wasnt a ferrari)
    BATTLESTAR GALLICTA
    BUCK ROGERS
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    MASH
    V
    TRIPODS(bbc scifi that used first original computer effects back in the early 80's)
    Captain power and the soldiers of the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Gatling wrote: »
    80's TV

A-TEAM
    KNIGHT RIDER
    DUKES OF HAZZARD(daisey duke)
    THE FALL GUY
    STREET HAWK(knight rider on a trailey)
    MANIMAL
    AIRWOLF
    MAC GUIVER
    HILL ST BLUES
    ELECTRO MAN
    BLUE THUNDER
    THE INVISIBLE MAN (with the watch)
    MIAMI VICE(Ferrari cop car that wasnt a ferrari)
    BATTLESTAR GALLICTA
    BUCK ROGERS
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    MASH
    V
    TRIPODS(bbc scifi that used first original computer effects back in the early 80's)
    Captain power and the soldiers of the future

Oh I remember MANIMAL. That was a strange and ambitious show. A guy who could transform into any animal. Only problem was...it always happened off screen ;)
    I remember/watched all those shows except Electro Man. Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Gatling wrote: »
    Time bars ,
    Wham bars ,
    wig-wams ,ice pop thingys more oftend sold as a drink,
    Someone refresh my memory on Time bars? But I remember the Wham bars alright - more plastic than food! Ans I think you might be referring to Mr Freeze there. They were something. Oddly enough, you can still get them, and I notice that the colours are somewhat less 'electric' than I remember them... Can't be a bad thing! :)
    Oh I remember MANIMAL. That was a strange and ambitious show. A guy who could transform into any animal. Only problem was...it always happened off screen ;)
    I remember/watched all those shows except Electro Man. Odd.

It always bothered me that when he turned into a bird, his hands turned into the bird's feet, and no idea what happened with his legs... The wings I presume. Did he transform back to front, and his head became the bird's ass? And then that means... Ouch. Shouldn't go there.

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Someone refresh my memory on Time bars?

Perhaps it was 'Time Out' bars or 'Big Time' bars?

http://www.cadbury.com.au/sites/cadbury/index.php?pageId=64

Perhaps it was 'Time Out' bars or 'Big Time' bars?

http://www.cadbury.com.au/sites/cadbury/index.php?pageId=64

Oh, you youngsters! (Kidding) No, I think there was a Time bar. There was (and still is) a Dime bar, but I think that's not it. Hmm...

Not really arsed to Wikipedia this, because that would take the fun out of it. In fact, if did that generally we wouldn't discuss things here any more, because we could just go to Wikipedia, find (usefuless) stuff, form an opinion, and then keep that opinion to ourselves. This forum would be more civil of course, but we'd have to find a new obsession to take up our precious free time. Such as finding a way to chew Wham bars without your dentist picking bits of it out of your mouth 6 months later using a drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

VSR update

March 21; 09:56 released by customs.
    March 21; 10:00 held by customs

WHAT?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, you youngsters! (Kidding) No, I think there was a Time bar. There was (and still is) a Dime bar, but I think that's not it. Hmm...

Not really arsed to Wikipedia this, because that would take the fun out of it. In fact, if did that generally we wouldn't discuss things here any more, because we could just go to Wikipedia, find (usefuless) stuff, form an opinion, and then keep that opinion to ourselves. This forum would be more civil of course, but we'd have to find a new obsession to take up our precious free time. Such as finding a way to chew Wham bars without your dentist picking bits of it out of your mouth 6 months later using a drill.

Young! How dare you. I'm 32 years young next week. I remember way back when they hadn't even thought of getting rid of Wispa's (they are yummy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Whhhhhhoa Wispa bars!!! I went mad and bought loads of em when they relaunched them!! they were lovely:D;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Mark_Sc wrote: »
    VSR update

March 21; 09:56 released by customs.
    March 21; 10:00 held by customs

WHAT?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

indeed... give them a ring me thinks, it could be that the value declared on the packaging is wrong or missing, so they are unable to calculate vat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Someone refresh my memory on Time bars? But I remember the Wham bars alright - more plastic than food!

"Time Bars" were actually "BIG TIME" bars (though no one who ate them ever called them that. A slab of stick hard tofee coated in chocolate substitute that took about six weeks to eat. they cost 10p as I recall, great value

Wham bars on the other hand cost be a fortune in dental work - every single time I got one I managed to lose a frigging tooth to it

Does anyone else remember "flipper" mallows (white chewy things shaped like a dolphin) and "Batman" penny sweets (they came out just after the first Batman flick? Yellow and back bat-emblems).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

"Time Bars" were actually "BIG TIME" bars (though no one who ate them ever called them that. A slab of stick hard tofee coated in chocolate substitute that took about six weeks to eat. they cost 10p as I recall, great value

Wham bars on the other hand cost be a fortune in dental work - every single time I got one I managed to lose a frigging tooth to it

Does anyone else remember "flipper" mallows (white chewy things shaped like a dolphin) and "Batman" penny sweets (they came out just after the first Batman flick? Yellow and back bat-emblems).

hivemind-sweet tooth consultant to the IAA :D :pac:

:cool::cool::cool:

All the sweets are gone.

:pac: ate them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Ah yes, big time bars, the ones that came in yellow packs with a clock face on the front? Never was a big fan of them tbh, Wham bars on the other hand... they're brilliant, actually have some that I picked up in fairyhouse market last week :) still love them

the 80s ruled for sweets,
    and tv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the 80s ruled for everything really., TV was class, knight rider, airwolf, the A Team, etc etc, Films, back to the future, beverly hills cop, police academy.,
    the music was the biz, dunno what happened in the 90s though it all went a bit weird on the music scene.,
    ahh, and the sweets., the little turtle shells with the guey stuff inside, the maccaroon bars, the kalipso tooth removal technique, oh and space hoppers, remember them? little spaceship looking things with fiz inside,., actually that just reminded me of another one, what was that little package called that had a lolly in it that ya dip in the fizzy stuff? it made a come back later on but wasnt the same.,

Hmmm, i wanna be back in the 80s now.,:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

80s1337ness.jpg

HAHaha., :D
    jeez i wish it was still like that today.,

Master of the Universe

vtec wrote: »
    HAHaha., :D
    jeez i wish it was still like that today.,

With guys wearing pink shirts again, the virtual console on the wii and really dodgy haircuts coming back, it's not too far off ;)

o1s1n wrote: »
    80s1337ness.jpg

haha thats oisin :pac:

Master of the Universe

blay1 wrote: »
    haha thats oisin :pac:

Give me a blond mullet and a pink shirt and it might just be me :D

• Advertisement

well maybe just hair, i hear you wear pink already :D :pac:

Master of the Universe

blay1 wrote: »
    well maybe just hair, i hear you wear pink already :D :pac:

:mad: You're confusing me with Dex.

:mad: You're confusing me with Dex.

calm mod calm, did your trouser's colour run and ruin your pink t-shirt? lol :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

80s1337ness.jpg

IT'S A YOUNG PAT SHARP FROM FUN HOUSE!!!

Funhousesharp.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDLkbjfgSeU

42 people viewing this forum currently, and only a small few actually posting. Tut tut. Lazy sods.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Ah yes, big time bars, the ones that came in yellow packs with a clock face on the front? Never was a big fan of them tbh, Wham bars on the other hand... they're brilliant, actually have some that I picked up in fairyhouse market last week :) still love them

Ahhh, I have a visual mind, so that rings a bell - atrocious cack, they were, let's face it - and I remember the Wham bar because of the garish colours and the little bits of asbestos that they buried in it. Hideous but a treat for young mouths that didn't know the cost of good dental work.

We used to hope that the bus conductor wouldn't find us, so we'd have the extra 30p or so to go wild in the shop the next day. Mr Freeze, gob-stoppers (not a fan, have to say), Wham bars and penny-bags.

Now that I think of it, I'm faintly surprised that I still have all of my teeth. The conductors were more efficient than I remember them I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

I'm not being lazy, I prefer to call it covert reconnaissance.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

You already have the mullet ... a pink shirt can probably be purchased soon dude ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Nes Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ah alcohol, I have a headache on the way, AND a new shiny luger with spare mag?

Can I afford it? Yeah.

Can I afford a car if I keep this up? No.

Ah savings, there for lifes quick fixes.

Luger luger luger....:pac::pac::pac:

Don't buy a car...Bastards have me broke...New tires new Bushings New this that and the other........

ony thing that i every have to pay for on the car is petrol.,:D never had a problem with it.,

obviously a realiable car Vtec, must be a Fiat, yes?:p

Err, not exactly.,:p.,

2172594997_505fdc10eb.jpg

That Defo ain't a Fiat! very nice, cracking colour as well!!:)

actually now that you mention it., i have a cinqucento too.,:D

80s1337ness.jpg

back to the future ,is the kid weaing acu trousers,

nah, black faded jeans., i remember having them myself actually.,lol
    I like his shoes though.,:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

is that a mullet i see?

recon ...confirm presence of mullet....over

RECON can confirm presence of a mullet in the photo:eek::eek::eek:

Insomnia sucks.

Err, not exactly.,:p.,

2172594997_505fdc10eb.jpg

Wouldn't mind but i have an EG Civic...:rolleyes: No airsoft for me this week i'm buying some Toyo Proxes :D Your car is sweet looking Vtec,wanna trade for my 1.5 non vtec beast?? lol :o

zero19 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind but i have an EG Civic...:rolleyes: No airsoft for me this week i'm buying some Toyo Proxes :D Your car is sweet looking Vtec,wanna trade for my 1.5 non vtec beast?? lol :o

LOL., believe it or not, i actually prefer the EG and EF civics over any other ones., the EK are a bit "grandad-ish" and the EP is nice but doesnt have the character of the older ones.,
    next honda though is an SIR VTEC CRX.,:eek::D
    airsoft will have to take a break for a while then,lol

My brother had an SIR 2 EG Civic hatchback, it was an animal! CRXs are great, wouldn't mind one of them at all, Second generation? I like those best myself

• Advertisement

yeah defo the EF one., the DelSol is pretty much a fast car for a hair dresser.,lol

yeah defo the EF one., the DelSol is pretty much a fast car for a hair dresser.,lol
    Lol very true, another car i wouldn't go near would have to be Mazda MX-5s!! :rolleyes:

Proof that the russians are hiding Osama Bin Laden.,:eek:

2354868179_bfb85a8255.jpg

And further proof that the moorbegs are still around today.,;)
    2354873011_2251232f1d.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Brilliant!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

this-kid-is-awesome.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement