Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Double stack is a bonus, thats why I'll probably use the m9 more, but when I get the luger, 14 rounds a mag, I'll skirmish it, oh yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Dedication :cool:

Slide lock, reloading, 26 rounds is too long to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Motosam wrote: »
    Big plastic grip, horrible proportions, no flow of lines, looks crap, is an imaginary pistol.
    Details, horrible grey paintjob, ridiculous vents, weird notches at the back, ugly muzzle, fat shape, barrel is weird looking sticking out like a fat thumb, nasty silver bits, never mind how ugly it is in the hand, the pics can look ok, but hold one, and you may not like it. Its as tacky as it ever could be too, how could it get more chintzy, you tell me.

Like what you want, I wont tell you what to, but in my opinion, they are ugly as sin.

We'll have to agree to disagree so:p

A luger you say?
    That sounds pretty nifty!:pac:
    yeah there jusy cosmetic differences,. the pistol is identical and when i got the one i have it was supposed to have baby hicapa something or other engraved on it., there great pistols, id really reccomend them.,

Thanks vtec i'll probably get one so as my next purchase:)

Mweelrea wrote: »
    We'll have to agree to disagree so:p

A luger you say?
    That sounds pretty nifty!:pac:

Thanks vtec i'll probably get one so as my next purchase:)

I cant believe the same company makes the two of them.

• Advertisement

I want to see more types of GBB from WE, enough 1911/2011 already!

zero19 wrote: »
    I want to see more types of GBB from WE, enough 1911/2011 already!

They make a full metal luger...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah its a good pistol but far over rated., i only got one coz its vietnam era.,

They make a full metal luger...
    Apart from those three i mean lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

For the record, I'm not fond of Hi-Cappas but they're far superior to the awful shape and aesthetics of a 1911. The worlds ugliest pistol in my book.

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    For the record, I'm not fond of Hi-Cappas but they're far superior to the awful shape and aesthetics of a 1911. The worlds ugliest pistol in my book.

Ha lol Ah Dex, you so crazy!

Hi capas are 1911's, just without the class or any sort of form.

Ah I hate aesthetics arguments.

Look!
    BrickGun_-_Glock_17_Front-Left_Ortho.jpg

Slag glocks now, shoo 1911 haters shoo!

The Five Seven is the ugliest pistol out there, end of story lol

The Five Seven is the ugliest pistol out there, end of story lol

Now you'll get dex disagreeing :D

We really are paintball for posers :D

1911s are the ones with no class or form. If any inanimate object could put me to sleep by looking at it, it's that. I've seen nicer looking round, brown things in a field full of cows. It's bare. It looks like a pistol in development. Like a christmas tree with no decorations.
    Granted it works and it does it's job, but so do Hi-Cappas, Glocks, Walthers, Berrettas, Sigs, H&K's etc. The difference is that these are guns that seem finished. The 1911 looks like a subframe for a gun that's about to be built around it.
    It's plain, it's drab, it's boring. The shape is borderline wrong, it feels poor in the hand, it looks like an enlarged tin opener when you're aiming it. I could go on a tirade similar to yours.

The fact is this: It was made in 1911. It looks it. It was great for it's time. Welcome to the 21st centuary, here, have a P99.

As for the Five-seveN being ugly. Yeah, it kind of is. But it's the loveable kind of ugly. You feel there's something not right with it, but you like it anyway. Like Cindy Crawfords mole, it should be ugly, but somehow it's good.

www.brickshelf.com_gallery_l0rdv4d3r_Luger_tirando3.jpg_SPLASH.jpg

Now you'll get dex disagreeing :D

We really are paintball for posers :D
    Nail.. on.. head.. lol

Bah the p99 will die unremembered.

The 1911 is apure form, and has more curves and lines than any damn modern polymer sh1t, it has purely functional controls, and the older style is whats charming about its looks.

Its is solid, with machined surfaces and pure function, with seriously good looks, a long sweeping slide, slim line and the hammer sitting into the slide, just from the shooters angle, great!

I dont care much for derivatives but the a1 model is beautiful.

Would you turn your nose up at a porshe speedster for a mazda mx5?

The cheaper, more modern, better performing model? Nah.

Edit: TBH it isnt my favourite looking pistol, but it is a good looking classic design.

what ya mean is, would you turn your nose up to a porsche speedster for porsche 911 GT3.,;)
    1911 is too thin and looks really old in design., its "decent" but fanboys go too far with the loyalty.,:rolleyes:

Just be like me and get one of every varient...It's fun lol A Sig is next on the hit list :)

yeah thats what i did,.:) although i dont like sigs so thats not on the shopping list for me,.

• Advertisement

Not a fan of the looks but i hear they are a decent performer, but what i really want is a Single Action Army...drool...

Bah the p99 will die unremembered.

The 1911 is apure form, and has more curves and lines than any damn modern polymer sh1t, it has purely functional controls, and the older style is whats charming about its looks.

Its is solid, with machined surfaces and pure function, with seriously good looks, a long sweeping slide, slim line and the hammer sitting into the slide, just from the shooters angle, great!

I dont care much for derivatives but the a1 model is beautiful.

Edit: TBH it isnt my favourite looking pistol, but it is a good looking classic design.

The P99 will far from die unrememberd. It's easily the most comfortable pistol I've held. You pay the 1911 too much credit, comically so. Your arguements make me find more flaws than favour.
    The 1911 is a substructure of a gun. It looks like you're carrying an aeg's gearbox.
    Its is solid,
    I've never held one that hasn't rattled
    with machined surfaces and pure function,
    The same can be said about an aeg gearbox, just like I mentioned above. The same can also be said for a Skoda. Just because it's designed to do one thing with no frills, doesn't mean it does it well. Look at Ryanair.
    with seriously good looks,
    We are still talking about the 1911 right? The ugly boring one with no features and less personality than Paris Hilton?
    a long sweeping slide,
    Read: long, straight, boring, featureless slide
    slim line
    For dainty hands and ladies bags.
    and the hammer sitting into the slide, just from the shooters angle,
    Which is something all exposed hammer type pistols do. I see nothing special there. Nor anything functional.

You overhype what is, at best, a moderate pistol in performance, and a cow in the looks department. Unfortunately this pistol draws a similar crowd to steam threshers at county fairs. So called "die hards" who believe there is no way like the old way and will pitchfork anyone who dares oppose their ideas. If you like it fair enough, that's your opinion and you're well entitled to it. But don't hype it so much. It's not that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Lads every man to his own pistol, everyone isnt going to agree that one

pistol in particular is the best. people buy a pistol because it appeals to

them, not everyone will feel that appeal. I like 1911's, but i hate M9, other

people are the opposite. just accept that peoples opinions of a gun cant be

changed :)

:cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Just put a 1j spring and a 9.4v into my JG HK416... ROF is very impressive.

What an agonizingly long multi quote.

They are far from boring or bad looking, and nit picking at statements referring to aesthetic perception, the hammer sitting into the slide comment, honestly, do you think the 1911 is the only pistol I've ever seen a picture of in my life?

Maybe I referred to some of the traits of the real one but I want a replica 1911, not a real one.

Saying they are "the ugliest pistol in the world", honestly, thats just ridiculous.

blay1 wrote: »
    Lads every man to his own pistol, everyone isnt going to agree that one

pistol in particular is the best. people buy a pistol because it appeals to

them, not everyone will feel that appeal. I like 1911's, but i hate M9, other

people are the opposite. just accept that peoples opinions of a gun cant be

changed :)

:cool::cool::cool:

+1

I like the p99, I took issue with the statement that the 1911 is ugly, it isnt even my favorite. :D

Nambu model 94, I think it looks smashing :D

I'm looking at one now and I can't see one feature on it. Not one. I have springers of pistols that don't exist that look better than it. The two things I hate most about it is how skinny it is and how plain it looks. It looks unfinished.

And yeah, I can't think of an uglier pistol. Even pistols called ugly by the general consensus have distiguishing features that you might like individually, but this doesn't even have any to choose from.

I'm looking at one now and I can't see one feature on it. Not one. I have springers of pistols that don't exist that look better than it. The two things I hate most about it is how skinny it is and how plain it looks. It looks unfinished.

And yeah, I can't think of an uglier pistol. Even pistols called ugly by the general consensus have distiguishing features that you might like individually, but this doesn't even have any to choose from.

Ah your just wrong in the head, don't worry about it :D

They've been a very influential design, I like 'em clean, I like the lines and curves, you don't, fair enough :D

Beats this...

t94149righta.jpg mmm yummy

For the sake of my sanity, and the strength in my fingers, I'm not even going to start on that...

• Advertisement

For the sake of my sanity, and the strength in my fingers, I'm not even going to start on that...

What its bloody lovely? :D

The real steel history is more worrying, it could go off by being holstered incorrectly, leaned on, touched.

Infact the trigger is a superfluous part...

I take it that the 1911 may not infact be the ugliest afterall!

It's still the ugliest in my books. It just has a closer rival than I expected. That at least has some character though.

It's still the ugliest in my books. It just has a closer rival than I expected. That at least has some character though.

:D Stubborn as a mule!

Blowing ones jibblies off is hardly character!

Brilliant design for the win!

So anyway, got my first ever ban, I'm a martyr now lads wahey!

I saw that sam, i felt powerless to stop it lol In fairness you were only helping that chap, but you can't argue with the law! Lemming runs a tight ship

I saw that sam, i felt powerless to stop it lol In fairness you were only helping that chap, but you can't argue with the law! Lemming runs a tight ship

Lemming was only stamping down on the recent messing in the ads thread, it was a short ban, I imagine the other guys had similar length bans imposed.

just a word of caution lads., the mods dont like their decisions being questioned in here as has been done before.,
    im not trying to be one of them annoying back seat mods but the forum is crap without this thread to take the P in and we just recently got the "madness" back., :D

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    just a word of caution lads., the mods dont like their decisions being questioned in here as has been done before.,
    im not trying to be one of them annoying back seat mods but the forum is crap without this thread to take the P in and we just recently got the "madness" back., :D

HOI!

Lemming did what he had to, as I expected he would, its all sorted now.

I feel like a badass now, rebellious and yekno, got a ban once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

vtec wrote: »

Pretty much the case yes, as it ends up turning this thread into a mini feedback. Which is not what it was intended for.

The only places for that type of discussion are -

Feedback ->

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=55503700

Help desk ->

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=55503700

Or even adverts support ->

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=646

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Not entirely unrelated to Airsoft: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/4255750.html

It sort of connects to NakedDex's drum-mag rants, in so far as it's food for thought about realism in simulating guns from the so-called real world.

Actually has anyone played Americas Army?

A JG Bar-10 arrived today from UNcompnay:(
    I cant believe it

• Advertisement

Jaysus thats a big mess up! Is it even the Gspec version?

Yeah it is... I'm not too worried though, I'm sure they'll let me keep it.
    I'm worried they consciously did it though.

Be nice if you got the TM and the JG free. They haven't really got a bad rep though i reckon it was a new guy or something lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

laser_scope.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

There was me thinking the other day "Oh, i'm approaching nearly 4000 posts now, I should probably come up with something interesting and profound to post", maybe a reflection on the last year and a half since the airsoft forum kicked off, how my posting rate increased from a measly occasional post in AH or perhaps Motors to me becoming the second moderator of one of the most frequented sections on boards.ie yada yada yada etc.. but it seems I blinked and missed it, since i've now got 4038 posts... ah well, onwards to 5000 and remember folks, it's quality, not quantity :)

kdouglas wrote: »
    There was me thinking the other day "Oh, i'm approaching nearly 4000 posts now, I should probably come up with something interesting and profound to post", maybe a reflection on the last year and a half since the airsoft forum kicked off, how my posting rate increased from a measly occasional post in AH or perhaps Motors to me becoming the second moderator of one of the most frequented sections on boards.ie yada yada yada etc.. but it seems I blinked and missed it, since i've now got 4038 posts... ah well, onwards to 5000 and remember folks, it's quality, not quantity :)

+1
    So, that's 1871 for me...129 to go.

What was that you said about quality?

I'd just like to say a very public thank you to Shiva for helping out so enormously with this little student film I'm working on. I currently have 20 guns on my bed and it's all because of him. Coming to a YouTube near you soon folks!

Tony, you're only short of spandex pants marked "eirsoft" and you'd be a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Tony, you're only short of spandex pants marked "eirsoft" and you'd be a hero.

That could be arranged...

God I hope so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement