Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three Ireland reintroduces the "Walled Garden"!

• 18-11-2007 5:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

three has brought back the walled garden - you have to pay for though:eek: :D

screenhunter02nov180341mz3.gif

How on earth do they keep delivering these amazing screwups!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

am i thick or is this "walled garden" before i joined three? can someone explain exactly what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

The walled garden was where you could only access 3 content and a very small selection of very basic websites that were listed on a page. You could not access any other internet pages.
    The 3 content was always free but the internet pages were free for the first hour in a day, and they had rates if you wanted to use it outside the hour.

Obviously here they are not talking about that and have made another mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This reads to me like a lovely use of MSPaint :)

Oh crap .. it's not MSPaint :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Lucky you said it first, I was about to same thing

Can someone explain this to me, is this just a typo by three?

• Advertisement

Well, from my reading of Three.ie you can now purchase "walled garden" for €19.99 per month or you can purchase "unlimited broadband" for €19.99 per month.

I guess the idea being that if you purchase "walled garden" you're accepting that you're going to be screwed over, but with "unlimited broadband" you reserve the right to complain?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

1huge1 wrote: »
    Lucky you said it first, I was about to same thing

Can someone explain this to me, is this just a typo by three?

Its a typo. Try and buy any handset from the three website and you will be offered the walled garden as an addon!

On most of them its free but you need to pay for the privilege on the k770i:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So which of you has just gone and hacked threes website then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi Thank you for your email in regards to accessing adult content using the mobile broadband service. I was unable to call you as you’ve not mentioned any of your contact details.

I understand that you’ve verified your age but are still unable to access adult sites on the mobile broadband service.

All the websites that 3 provide access to are filtered. Even though age verification is done you’ll still be unable to access adult sites.

However I’ll take this as a valuable feedback and forward it to the relevant team. We might get a positive feedback from them. It is unfortunate that as a valued customer your experience with 3 has not met with your expectations.

We are in a constant process of improving our products and services and are looking forward to a long lasting relationship with you as a 3 customer. I hope this answers your query.

If you have any further queries, feel free to call our customer service by dialing 333 from a 3 phone (free of charge) or 083 333 3333 (charged at applicable mobile rates). Regards Perpetual Remedios3 Customer Services

could this be their new walled garden??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

its not a walled garden

its a prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I think someone pointed out during the summer here that three actually provide their own adult content in the UK - check the UK site - nice to see Three Ireland are consistent about their inconsistencies anyway :D

Advertisement