Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork accent

Options
  • 18-11-2007 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭

The best but why do ye sing when ye speak?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Because we're naturally musical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I don't know, it's so different to any other county.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I find it weird how there are so many different accents within Cork alone. You can tell a Mayfielder from a Bishopstowner ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

i kinda think that some limerick and kerry accents are very similar to our own, well at least as similar as a mayfield to macroom accent is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i think it's funny the way everyone who's lived her for more than a few months pick up various words and phrases in a cark accent. its particulary amusing to hear ppl who's first language isnt english

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Tree wrote: »
    i think it's funny the way everyone who's lived her for more than a few months pick up various words and phrases in a cark accent. its particulary amusing to hear ppl who's first language isnt english

True, i heard someone the other day in some shop who was of eastern european extraction (i'm guessing, that's what she sounded) except she had a hint of a cork accent, which made me smile... :)

Also, we don't all sing in Cork, i can't sing at all... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement