Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring of death question

• 18-11-2007 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

I haven't used my console in about 6 weeks and now i'm getting the 3 flashing red lights. Tried it a few times over the past few days and it's still the same. Just seeing if anyone has the number i should call in order to arrange a repair pickup. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

The number you need is Microsofts number they will arrange UPS to collect it from your house.

The number is 1850940940

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got the rings today myself. I was playing Bioshock on friday and it kept freezing on me on the Hephaisteus level. Turned it on today and froze again and when I rebooted I got the rings. Tried it a couple hours later and the game loaded up ok. Should I return it or might it be ok?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

A few people, myself included, have been getting stuttering and freezing problems with bioshock. Seems to be a problem with the cache after an update. Some have fixed it but mine wont play right at all now. Never got flashing rings though. If its working ok with other games Id let it be for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hi

I am also about to contact Microsoft to get Xbox shipped off

Do you know what I need to send? Do I keep the Hard drive etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

sent mine back last week, take off the hard drive and just send back the console with nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The number of us keep growing heh?

I think we need our own little support group at this stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

An Xbox repair sticky would come in handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

keen wrote: »
    An Xbox repair sticky would come in handy.

Agreed, when mine went tits up, I spent a good while trawling through all the old threads, there's a lot of good info in there, answered all my questions.

Also might put an end to the biweekly new threads of "OMG my freakin Xbox died111!!iTEH MS sUx111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I cant believe that so many consoles are still breaking down its a joke..I had four break on me before I sold the 360 could not take anymore.
    Anybody buy a 360 Elite that has broken down? would be interested to know if they have the same problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

bucks73 you can remove the update but you will have to play offline so it wont download the update its a single player game anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I called this number which the customer support gave me through email. It's a freephone number: 1 800 509 186

The girl asked me for the serial number and then asked me to confirm my address, phone number and email address. So you should have your console registered before calling. Not sure if its a necessity.

She said she will email me what i assume is a UPS waybill that i'll print off and attach to a plain box other than the box you got the console in. then call them for collection. I was given a reference code that she told me to write down on a piece of paper and include in the box. I was also told to just include the console. No harddrive or cables. It should take 21 days before it gets back to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

also think this thread should be stickied. Especially since my 360 just went tits up too. As well as providing useful information it could also be used to keep a rolling count of the number of us that have been effected by this.

is the correct number 1 800 509 186 or 1850940940 ?

oh and 21 days?? ffs. wonder what the chances of getting this back before christmas are...might be better off turning the house upside down again tonight trying to fing the receipt from smyths seeing as i got it less than 12 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Lads i dont know if i was lucky or not but once you send the Xbox back keep ringing them to check the status. My xbox was collected wed the 14th of Nov and was delivered to them last Monday the 19th, i rand them that night to see how i could check the status online, they saw that it was received that day and to ring back the next day and speak to a supervisor about the status. I did this and they just said it was received and it will take 15 working days.
    Decided to ring yesterday (just to annoy them) and they said it was packed up and ready to ship, rang them this morning as the tracking number they gave me was wrong and they said it had been picked up and will be delivered by Fri !!!

i dont know if i was just lucky or the turn around time is quicker then expected but kept pestering them and it might speed things up for you - cant hurt hey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HT2007

This puts me off buying one now .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

My 360 died yesterday after 11 lovely months. Didnt even know it was ill. Just didnt turn on one evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Still waiting to get mine sent back. I am told it will be here today/tomorrow (29th) so hopefully it will arrive today. Had it since release so I guess I did well to nearly get 2 years out of it before it went bang!

My next question is do MS replace or Repair the consoles? I've been googling for ages looking for an answer but can't get one! IF they replace them are they genearlly repaired units ?

Hj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mine is approaching 1 year and still humming away in its prime.

JYNX!

1 question though, if it does decide to pack it in, would I need proof of date of purchase like a receipt to get the warranty? It's shocking that it seems like i'm waiting on it to die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

fruit for thought, ive had 3 red ring console and the problem was with the power supply box thing, basically the power cable, not the console.

Had independent tester check it out with microsofts blessing.

I'd strongly advise asking them to send you a new power cable and box too.

ive said this to a few people and its something they originally enver thought of, but can link to having numerous console failures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

When you ring them they ask you what colour the led on the power birck is. If its orange its the power supply thats up the duff, if its green its the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

When you call up tell them to send you the UPS doc BY E-MAIL!

Called on Sunday and didn't realise this was an option (and the fools didn't offer me the option either, despite confirming my e-mail address twice).

Cue Thursday when I'd to call up again and restart the process cos it never arrived.

So they're going to process it again and it could take 'up to 48 hours' for me to receive it by e-mail :rolleyes:

So tell them to e-mail it to you on the onset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Hi Folks

Just noticed this morning once my screen frooze I have those 3 red rings, power unit light is green.

My warranty expired 2 months ago so is I guess I will have to pay for my repair, any idea on how much this costs. :(

Is support only available Monday to Friday also, think I got put through to some US Number.

Thanks in advance for any help

Earlsie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Earlsie wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Just noticed this morning once my screen frooze I have those 3 red rings, power unit light is green.

My warranty expired 2 months ago so is I guess I will have to pay for my repair, any idea on how much this costs. :(

Is support only available Monday to Friday also, think I got put through to some US Number.

Thanks in advance for any help

Earlsie

Not sure how your warranty expired when MS are offering a 3 year warranty
    for the RROD and the console is only out 2 years ;)

You will not have to pay for repair. Phone Microsoft, the call centres are
    open weekends. Contact details - including opening hours - are on
    https://support.xbox.com/default.aspx?locale=en-ie

I recommend you register the box online before calling them as it'll speed
    up the phone call and enable you to track it easier during repair.
    Repairs lately are taking 2-3 weeks from collection to return.

Also ask MS to mail you the UPS labels, it'll save you a couple of days.

Callled Microsoft on Sunday to report bricked console. They said they'd said out the UPS shipping doc so I could send the console to them.

Called Microsoft on Thursday morning cos I'd received nothing. Asked them to email it to me (only found out that was possible from guys on here. They never offered me the option).

They said they'd mail me the UPS doc immediately.

Cue Saturday evening.

Still no e-mail.

Microsoft are a pack of incompetent, disingenious tossers. :mad:

I suppose I'll call them again tomorrow.

Call Number 3 and one week down and they don't even have the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

My understanding is that you should receive the UPS labels by email within
    24-48 hours of the CSR entering your fault/repair on the system.

Call them back and ask for a supervisor and get them to resend the email.

It took less than 2 weeks for me to get the labels, get it shipped, repaired
    and returned.

My understanding is that you should receive the UPS labels by email within
    24-48 hours of the CSR entering your fault/repair on the system.

Call them back and ask for a supervisor and get them to resend the email.

It took less than 2 weeks for me to get the labels, get it shipped, repaired
    and returned.

Glad you'd a decent experience. Will call again tomorrow.

Advertisement