Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor Series Thread (Spoilers)

• 18-11-2007 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd get the ball rolling on a survivor series thread - would be interesting to see what everyone thinks of the card.

Here's the full card with some of my thoughts and predictions:

WWE Title Match
    Special Stipulations
    Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
    Not really sure what's gonna happen in this one. I'd love it if Shawn won the title again but if I had to make a prediction, i'd have to go with Orton to win in this one. Its hard to see how they could avoid a clean finish here as well.

World Heavyweight Title Match
    Hell in a Cell
    Batista vs. The Undertaker
    I think Batista will retain here. I'm expecting some sort of crazy spot to be thrown in - hopefully Taker will produce here and get a good match out of Batista.

ECW Championship Match
    Triple Threat
    CM Punk vs. The Miz vs. John Morrison
    A difficult one to predict - i'm hoping Punk retains but i wouldnt put it past wwe to get Morrison the strap. Not expecting much from this match to be honest given the fact that the Miz is in it and will probably botch half the match.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
    Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch vs. Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly
    Cade and Murdoch to win - should be a decent match.

Inter-brand Traditional Elimination Match
    Triple H, The Hardys, Kane and Rey Mysterio vs. Umaga, Finlay, Mr. Kennedy, MVP and Big Daddy V
    Team Trips to win - should be decent - the traditional SS matchs are always a novelty.

Inter-brand Divas Tag Match
    Beth Phoenix, Jillian Hall, Melina, Victoria and Layla vs. Mickie James, Maria, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool and Kelly Kelly
    When i first saw this match, i thought it was a traditional SS match but i now dont think it is. Dont really see the point in having this match at all. They would be far better served to have Phoenix defend the strap against Mickie or Melina or Victoria or even Jillian Hall - i.e. someone who can actually work cos the others cant. Will be interesting to see if Santino gets involved in this one.

The Great Khali vs. Hornswoggle
    Khali in a squash match, shouldnt last anymore than 5 mins. Another pointless match!

Other Thoughts:-

Im a bit dissapointed that theres only one traditional SS match: I personally like the traditional matches and would have liked to see at least one more.

Im looking forward to seeing the return of Edge - will be interesting to see which match he interupts - possibly the Orton vs. HBK match because i cant see how he could interfere in the HIAC match.

Overall, i think its a weak card. Theres gonna have to be some great performances by a lot of guys to make a good PPV out of this. Im still gonna order it though in hope that a few of the matches are good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

think there might be some interference in the khali one.....not sure who though.....maybe snitsky

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

anyone think there might be a screwjob in the Orton Vs HBK. i hope edge goes to smackdown since they need him since jericho is going to Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

anyone think there might be a screwjob in the Orton Vs HBK. i hope edge goes to smackdown since they need him since jericho is going to Raw.

A screwjob is the only feasible way of avoiding a clean finish. I really cant see them ending the fued quite yet, so i cant see them putting Orton over clean. Will be interesting to see what happens in this one.

Smackdown really is in need of some fresh top-tier talent at the moment. Its hard to see how Edge is gonna get involved in the HIAC match tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

It is a pretty weak card and the lack of traditional matches is a shame. I'd have loved one with Punk, London, Kendrick, Yang and Stevie Richards vs Morrison, the Miz, Noble, Haas and Benjamin or something similar.

I think Orton will go over here, either that or Michaels wins with the Sharpshooter, as someone else called in a different thread. Better be brilliant, but I think the lame stipulation will hinder it. The feud should carry on for a while more anyway.

It's hard to care about anything else on the card, except for Edge's involvement. Should be interesting to see what he does, and see if there is a reason he is holding the chainsaw in the promo pics. And why he's airbrushed beyond recognition in the picture. So many questions need answering!

I won't be paying €25 to watch this one, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Smackdown really is in need of some fresh top-tier talent at the moment. Its hard to see how Edge is gonna get involved in the HIAC match tho!

a nice little spear on taker might be a reasonable method:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm looking forward to the card but to me there's one shocking omission. You have Samckdown and ECW feuding at the moment so therefore the logical conclusion would be to have a Smackdown vs ECW traditional match. But no, that'd be too logical

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think it would be cool if edge spears batista without taker noticing and taker goes onto win. then Batista thinks that the only reason he won was because he had to get someone told help him . which means having Edge in between them (kind of adding petrol to the fire )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Edge will probably come down and cut through the cell with a chainsaw when both men are battered. Then we will probably see some sort of 3-way for the title at Armageddon. Then we will essentially get variations on those 3 for title matches for a while culmminating in a edge v undertaker match at Wrestlemania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A screwjob is the only feasible way of avoiding a clean finish. I really cant see them ending the fued quite yet, so i cant see them putting Orton over clean. Will be interesting to see what happens in this one.

how about HBK just losing his head in the heat of the moment and gives Ortan some Sweet Chin Music. Ortan retains, its not exactley clean and continues the HBK wanting to take Ortan out not just beat him theme. Otherwise i dont see the point in the stipulation really as it just detracts from what they fans might get i.e no SCM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE Title Match
    Special Stipulations

I think Shawn's going to get the belt. He came back early from injury and I think it'll be his reward. Then Orton can win it back at the Rumble. I just hope they don't end it with a sharpshooter or screwjob, I'm sick of WWE dragging that up

Hell in a Cell

It's the logical match for Edge to get involved in, if he is getting involved. Maybe he'll have the chainsaw to break through the cage?! I expect Batista to be the champion at the end

ECW Championship Match
    Triple Threat

I can't see Punk losing this match. The other two lads have their belts, if one of them won it'd be like MVP vs Matt again

Cadenmurdoch to win, might be decent, might not be, but I don't think it'll be the champs' fault if it's not

Triple H, The Hardys, Kane and Rey Mysterio vs. Umaga, Finlay, Mr. Kennedy, MVP and Big Daddy V

The bad guys to win. HHH will be eliminated through no fault of his own

Beth Phoenix, Jillian Hall, Melina, Victoria and Layla vs. Mickie James, Maria, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool and Kelly Kelly

Better off not being an elimination match, it means it'll go shorter, because I can't see it being that good with so many of them in there

This might actually be good if they don't treat it as a total squash and Khali can figure out how to work with a midget. Hornswoggle already knows all the ins and outs of working a big guy and I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach somehow cost Khali the win, meaning that Vince accepts Hornswoggle as his son

I don't usually expect much out of WWE PPVs because there's usually not much difference between the matches on PPVs and the matches on TV, and nothing ever seems to really change after a PPV has happened. But the two big matches could be very good, and there's always potential in other matches even if the chances are that they won't live up to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I caught the end of the WWE experience and heard Grisham refering to Khali Hornswaggle as the must see match between a giant and a "little person".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

HBK. Sharpshooter. Screwjob Finish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Orton is going to win with a sharpshooter, HBK wont tap and Vince will call for the bell to be rung. Its getting very old now but thats the only thing i can see happening.

Melion wrote: »
    Orton is going to win with a sharpshooter, HBK wont tap and Vince will call for the bell to be rung. Its getting very old now but thats the only thing i can see happening.

No way can I see that happening. I wouldn't be surprised if Shawn won with a sharpshooter or there was some sort of screwjob, like I said I hope not. But there's no way they'll just do it exactly like that

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

the hbk orton match i can see going one of 2 ways. both are dq's first 1 is hbk doing something that should be a dq ref misses it & he then gets the pin, the 2nd one is orton getting dq'd but then they say that he just drops the title & it's not awarded to michaels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Fozzy wrote: »
    WWE Title Match
    Special Stipulations

I think Shawn's going to get the belt. He came back early from injury and I think it'll be his reward.

I hope you're right Fozzy!!
    Hell in a Cell

It's the logical match for Edge to get involved in, if he is getting involved. Maybe he'll have the chainsaw to break through the cage?!

That actually makes perfect sense. It never dawned on me that there might be a reason for Edge having a chain saw in the ads. Just thought it was some pointless theme WWE were going for.

That actually makes perfect sense. It never dawned on me that there might be a reason for Edge having a chain saw in the ads. Just thought it was some pointless theme WWE were going for.

I doubt that'll actually happen, cutting through wire mesh with a chainsaw might send little pieces of wire into the audience, it'd be too dangerous. I could be wrong, but it's probably more likely that Edge will just walk into the cage after the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sandman done this @ the end of a czw cage of death in some ecw angle in the arena.I just seen it again on bloodbath on twc fight the other week.
    So:edge could use the chainsaw to cut his way into the ring from the under the ring.Or a trained chainsaw user could and just have people assume edge done it!

I think HBK will definitely hit SCM but the ref will be down and wont see it, orton locks in sharpshooter, vince calls for bell. Screwjob finish, everyone goes home pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

I don't think it's a good card really, I'm annoyed that all PPV's are now on box office when 5 years ago they were all on Sky Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

WWE Title Match
    Special Stipulations
    Ref bump sweet chin music, 2 and a half count RKO 3 count

Hell in a Cell
    Hard to call dont think they'd risk the title on taker but they may go with him vs Edge for the title at WM, Edge to break into the HIAC with a chainsaw

ECW Championship Match
    Triple Threat
    CM Punk retain after Morrison and Miz argument

Could be a switch here Cade and Murdoch are kind of stale as champs

Team HHH to win - Matt hardy wont feature team HHH will be destroyed with Trips pulling out the victory

Pointless match Heel team to win

Also pointless Hornswoggle to win by using the Mcmahon cheque book

I must admit i didnt read the whole thread before mentioning the chainsaw bit so it seems everyone has thought of it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

EdK wrote: »
    I must admit i didnt read the whole thread before mentioning the chainsaw bit so it seems everyone has thought of it lol

Except wwe im willing to bet :mad:

EdK wrote: »
    Cade and Murdoch are kind of stale as champs

I think it's their opponents who are stale, not Cade and Murdoch. I mean their opponents in general

Tag Team wrestling is a dead art i'm afraid sadly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WWE Title Match
    Special Stipulations

I would love to see HBK getting the belt, but I'm not so sure with him having a lighter schedule, so I think Orton to retain...

Hell in a Cell

Batista Zzzzz...Hopefully Edge will liven this up

ECW Championship Match
    Triple Threat

Morrison could possibly win, but I think Punk will retain again...

Cade & Murdoch to retain, unless the writiers decide to have Rhodes & Holly in a similar storyline to Matt & MVP :rolleyes:.....would prefer to see London & Kendrick in this match....

HHH's team to win.

Team Phoenix to win

Should be over in 2 seconds with Khali winning....or might WWE do something unpredictable :eek:

Will be good to see Edge back though....anticipating Raw more than this PPV.

I could see them going with the double champ thing with Morrison. They did it with MVP and Colt Cabana has something similar going on in OVW. Must be something in the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Anyone staying up for the show? I am, but only cos I'm a total and complete
    muppet, lol!

Should be good, kinda hoping they "screw" Michaels out of the title! As much as I hate him, I'd mark like a 7 year old if Hart turns up to screw Michaels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

As much as I hate him, I'd mark like a 7 year old if Hart turns up to screw Michaels.

I'm staying up for it too, just ordered it at the last minute, gave in to marketing. I thought of that earlier in work and I actually peed a little bit with excitement. Never gonna happen though (although, book coming out, bitty rumours of a return...)
    Some good spots in the ECW title match, sh!t enough ending though, too fast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

nice ending move in the cade and murdoch and holly, rhodes match.
    HHH was funny in the pre match talk.

HBK and Orton had a brilliant match, dare I say it, Bryan Danielson-esque! Solid wrestling with some moves from HBK that I wasn't expecting, like the Crippler Crossface. The main event didn't really hold my attention at the start, I don't understand why there's ropebreaks when there's no DQs. The latter part was good, they have so many finishers to play around with along with the weapons, so it worked. Edge made an impact, it looks more like he'll be feuding with Taker now than at WM. No chainsaw, he was a cameraman, although I was tryin to figure out if the camera was a chainsaw without the saw for a moment

Just in from work in time to catch the end of the HIAC match, the tombstone looked good on the steps. Found it on a stream so the quality wasnt great but was it obvious that Edge was standing ringside?

Melion wrote: »
    Just in from work in time to catch the end of the HIAC match, the tombstone looked good on the steps. Found it on a stream so the quality wasnt great but was it obvious that Edge was standing ringside?

I think he was hiding under the ring actually. During the Khali/Hornswoggle match they lifted up the ring apron and I could've sworn I saw a monitor under there, so I assumed that's where Edge was before I saw him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no big surprises really, its all become so predictable these days, best part of the night was melina making an arse of herself, at least she laughed it off and did it again, they'll edit that out of the dvd though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The last two matches were very good. Orton is a great wrestler, kudos to HBK for being able to keep pace with him at his age.
    The HIAC started off slowly enough but was very good up until the lame ending - still, i suppose it sets up the feud nicely between 'Taker and Edge.
    It's seems a long time to sustain a rivalry till March. So, it seems their feud will not be culminating with a match at Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

krudler wrote: »
    no big surprises really, its all become so predictable these days, best part of the night was melina making an arse of herself, at least she laughed it off and did it again, they'll edit that out of the dvd though

Fair f*cks to her though, she carried it well. I've found a new respect for her since last night. Oh and Kelly Kelly looked so hot! Move over Maria, I got a new favorite diva!

EDIT:7yg4fwi.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

just watchin the replay & the save us video came up with 23 hrs countdown (raw), saw y & j in there & break the walls, its defo jericho :D

krudler wrote: »

The Orton/HBK match was a big surprise! I know it's not what you meant, but it was still easily the best part of the night for me too. Apparently the traditonal Survivor Series match was excellent as well, I didn't catch it. I think this PPV is getting the most positive feedback of any wrestling PPV this year on the Wrestling Observer site, only one thumbs in the middle from what I saw, about a dozen thumbs up which is very rare
    The HIAC started off slowly enough but was very good up until the lame ending - still, i suppose it sets up the feud nicely between 'Taker and Edge.

I wouldn't call that a lame ending. I'm used to TNA having guys interfere all the time and it means nothing, but this meant something, the way Edge screwed Undertaker over again. I liked it

As for their potential WM match, I was just thinking that Taker might get beaten by Edge next month and he'll disappear until WM time, he's gone off like that enough times in the past for it to happen again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Did anyone else feel there was a lot of mess-ups last night? Not as tight as usual shows. Rey messed up a few moves (well a couple hurricanrana's, since its *all he does*); HBK messes up a crucifix, Melina's hilarious fall on her arse... minor nitpicking I suppose.

And what was with the HHH ego stroking again? They could at least make it not obvious... basically clearing a whole SS team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Proxy wrote: »

And what was with the HHH ego stroking again? They could at least make it not obvious... basically clearing a whole SS team...

Havent seen it myself but the reports ive read said that Jeff came out of this match looking the strongest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The Orton/HBK match was a big surprise! I know it's not what you meant, but it was still easily the best part of the night for me too. Apparently the traditonal Survivor Series match was excellent as well, I didn't catch it. I think this PPV is getting the most positive feedback of any wrestling PPV this year on the Wrestling Observer site, only one thumbs in the middle from what I saw, about a dozen thumbs up which is very rare

I wouldn't call that a lame ending. I'm used to TNA having guys interfere all the time and it means nothing, but this meant something, the way Edge screwed Undertaker over again. I liked it

As for their potential WM match, I was just thinking that Taker might get beaten by Edge next month and he'll disappear until WM time, he's gone off like that enough times in the past for it to happen again

yeah, it could play out like that - also, given how injury prone 'Taker is now it would be a good idea. Regarding the ending i meant more so it was lame that WWE made it obvious it was going to happen that way. It would be better in my view, as another poster said, if everything wasn't so predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

HBK breaking out the crossface was surprising to say the least :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Overall it was one of the most solid big 4 ppv's in a long time, the ECW opening match was surprisingly good, the elimination match was fun to watch as well. The cell match was decent too.
    But the highlight of the night was no doubt the HBK/Orton match, it was well worked, good mat wrestlng from HBK and he was made to look really strong despite the defeat.
    Lowlights was of course the Khali/Hornswaggle debacle, it looks like now that the McMahon son angle is over thankfully and now we'll have Finlay possibly feuding with Khali and turning face although i think he shouldn't. Diva match was meh but it was nice to see Mickie being made the top face once again in the women's division.

It gets a 9/10 for me.

Orton vs HBK is a new contender for MOTY, just quality, great to hear JR say how much he was loving it. The HITC was solid too, but now chainsaw :( I'll watch the rest tomorrow, sounds like a great show overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Only watched the last 2 matches, but the Hbk Orton match blew me away completely. Fantastic stuff from the two of them. I loved HBKs psychology in trying to wear down Orton with various submissions, and at the start with his relentless headlocks and knees to the head. The end was amazing. I loved it. Easily my favourite WWE atch of the year, and a deffo in my list for overall match of the year.

The HIAC was okay. I think it was a little too obvious that Edge would get involved though. I hope the Taker fued gos all the way to Mania with a proper slow burn.

Advertisement