Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Castlebar Staff are a complete mess today

Options
  • 18-11-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

They sold a notebook to woman customer then took it off her because she didn't have a ticket and refunded her money in cash.

The shop only had 5 notebook pcs for sale.

I queued up for an hour to find out that they didn't have the "Notebook Accessories" or the "PC/Notebook Download Accessories".

Generally it was a complete balls up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Why did she need a ticket ?

I got a lap top in the last aldi sale and it didnt work and when I returned it they could only give me my money back as they had none left. Thats the thing with those Aldi special offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

They only had a few laptops so they gave tickets to the first 5 in the queue the manager was too lazy to tell the rest of the people in the queue. You and I are used to these kind of special offers.

What has pissed me off is the fact that ALDI withdrew the €800 from her debit card and just when she was about to leave they took the laptop off her and paid her back in cash.

To the best of my knowledge it is illegal to go back on a transaction like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I would agree - if they took the money from her laser the contract is complete and binding as the consideration is paid and I wouldnt think they could demand the goods back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

But she had the reciept for the laptop??

Why didn't she refuse to give it back, to be honest I feel sorry for the staff in these stores, it's not their fault that they only get a small allocation of the stock and then they get loads of grief from the public who don't seem to realise that it's not just a case of waving a magic wand and you instantly have a load more stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Buying a laptop in ALDI :eek:

Best of luck with that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement