Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best french fries / "frites" (not chips) in Dublin?

• 18-11-2007 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

French fries/chips in Ireland seem to be either:

* chipper - thick cut from real spuds
    * down-market restaurant - standard frozen chips, quite bland
    * up-market restaurant - pretentious "thick cut" chips, never crispy enough for my liking

Does anyone know any good restaurants in Dublin that do proper thin-cut "frites" / "french fries", not chips? Preferably with a side-order of char-grilled steak :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I had just this in Fitzer's on Dawson Street the other day at lunch. Pretty good fries, they were almost shoe-string in the size.

Bit pricey though, it was my "spoil myself" lunch for the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Le Mere Zou do a smashing steak et frites. Hot, salty and frit-i-licious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

The restaurant in Harvey Nicks in Dundrum do garlic shoestring fries which are yummy. Chunky chips with the steak I afraid, but they are yummy too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

www.locksrestaurant.ie

THE best frites & steak in Dublin. Hand made fresh everyday, twice cooked the proper way!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

I was in FXB's in Temble Bar recently, and their fries looks like they'd been cut from real potatoes (with skins on), and were nice and thinly cut too, but they were limp and greasy, instead of crisp & crunchy :(

The search goes on...

(Must visit the Elephant & Castle sometime soon - they always had nice fries, and good burgers too...)

• Advertisement
Advertisement