Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbags

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That is sickeningly scumbagish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

We live in an X rated world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What can you say, except the internet is full of "Would'nt it be funny if I..." sh-i-theads.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cancer victim gets death threats
    Sophie Foxley
    Sophie was diagnosed with cancer in June 2006
    A nine-year-old girl who began an internet blog after being diagnosed with leukaemia has received death threats on her online diary.

Messages have been posted on Sophie Foxley's website threatening to set her house on fire and murder her.

Police are investigating the threats and have been patrolling the area around her home in Shrewsbury.

Sophie's father Phil said it got so bad that his wife and daughter had to leave their home for a night.

Sophie began writing her diary after being diagnosed with leukaemia in June 2006.

The family said they had had six disturbing postings, going back three weeks.

Offensive messages

Her father said: "We've been shielding her from it... but she knows something is going on and hasn't been sleeping well."

A West Mercia Police spokeswoman said officers had been made aware of the offensive messages posted on the website and were working closely with the family.

Karen Wright from the Hope House Children's Hospice in Oswestry, said: "We're appalled that someone could be so thoughtless when the family is going through such a stressful time and while trying to keep so positive."

Sophie started the blog to keep family and friends up to date with her progress, and has been receiving thousands of messages of support from around the world.
    That's taking trolling a bit too far.

An IP trace should reveal the culprit(s). I doubt they were smart enough to cover their tracks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

an ip trace should do it, but did they break any laws?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

we know yer dyin a slow tearful death but we'd like to sh1t on you just a bit more.

bit much init

still tho what laws have thy broken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Since when do 9 year olds have blogs?

since they started getting leukimia.

thank's God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mordeth wrote: »
    I'm sure it's illegal to threaten someone's life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Messages have been posted on Sophie Foxley's website threatening to set her house on fire and murder her.

Hmmmm.... Threats to kill spring to mind here... Contrary to section 16 Offences Against the Person Act 1861. (UK Law).

• Advertisement

i don't like to be corrected. I'm going to burn your houses down.

where do you live?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

123 Fake Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

that would be a great punishment if they managed to get out of jail time, make them wear that picture on a tshirt all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

that would be a great punishment if they managed to get out of jail time, make them wear that picture on a tshirt all day.

Or this one........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

What I don't understand is why her parents would think it such a good idea for her to have a blog on the internet accessible to the general public at age 9? Surely this is exposing her to predators. I understand she is very ill but it still doesn't make her any more immune to predators and such vile behaviour as this. Maybe the blog should have just been kept as a family thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Here we go, blame the parents :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope the scumbags are caught and given a nice beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

123 Fake Street.
    Oh I think I know that, its off Imaginary Road right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I think it is a nice idea maybe to raise awareness, and others who have gone through the same might be able to offer encouraging words.

Obviously her parents are monitoring it, as they were able to shield these threats from her. They probably check the messages before she logs in.

As for this e-thugery, it really makes you feel sick if someone could honestly find this funny, or even muster the courage to type it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

stepbar wrote: »
    Here we go, blame the parents :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope the scumbags are caught and given a nice beating.

Couldnt agree more.There's to many bleeding heart liberals around for my liking.Nothing wrong with someone taking a kicking to sort things out.That is disgusting BTW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Alessandra wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why her parents would think it such a good idea for her to have a blog on the internet accessible to the general public at age 9? Surely this is exposing her to predators. I understand she is very ill but it still doesn't make her any more immune to predators and such vile behaviour as this. Maybe the blog should have just been kept as a family thing?

See here:Sophie started the blog to keep family and friends up to date with her progress, and has been receiving thousands of messages of support from around the world.

Advertisement