Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do you know when your done

Options
  • 18-11-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

How do you know if the guard has let you off or done you for your crime (speeding, no tax, insurance or NCT).

I was stopped myself at a checkpoint and I had no tax or NCT. I showed him my licence, told him I had only taking the car over from England, he took some details and finally said "ok on you go". Should I expect a ticket in the post? Or would he have said something to me to indicate I was in bother? Hate being stuck in the middle!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure really what they might do regarding points/fines but it is possible that your details may be passed onto Customs by them who may keep tabs on your car with regards the paying of VRT and registering the car in the state.

Only a guess though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

no you'll be fine, he would have had to ask you to produce documents at a station of your choice within 10 days and all that so if he didnt then you'll be fine.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

God thanks mate....got a bit of a scare there!!Will have to get it reregistered soon though...do you know of any way that I can get a car taxed or insured in the north if im from the south or can I get a northern licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just get it VRT'd. You're going to get stopped again and again being around the border.

Advertisement