Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE k800i o2 V vodafone ?

• 18-11-2007 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Basically sick of my old phone and I'm mad to get a new one. What Im wondering is does the k800i have msn etc on it. I know on the 3 network you can view youtube etc. Also wondering about costs etc browsing on 02 verses vodafone. Also does the k800i have a memory card slot?

As it says on 3's website it doesnt... http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/handset-features-2-17.htm

Thanks lads. (and lasses ;))

Also the nokia N70 looks good too ? Any suggestions. Or is their a better phone out there for under €200?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Also Im only 17 so will I have to be age verified ? :(

If so ... anyway around this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The K800i is far better than the N70. I had an N70 for a few months but it had loads of software problems and was very glitchy so I sold it. A friend of mine has one now and its the same with him.

The K800i I got on O2 on Friday and its very good. Its the best phone I have had since the K750i.

Just order the K800i online with O2 prepay and age is not an issue. Don't know about Vodafone.

And yas it comes with a memory card, it takes M2 standard cards up to 4Gb in size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Ya I have a 3V card so that should work shouldnt it?

Also how much are you charged for going on the internet.

Also does the k800i support external memory cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

Ive a k800 from vodafone, the cost for using the internet is their "Mobile internet" cost, 99c per day for 50MB.

It does have an external memory card slot. It takes M2 memory cards. Cheap enough about 70-90 for a 4GB card.

O2 supposedly has less branding - the vodafone one has the live software and a vodafone badge on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

gonna pick up a K800i tomorrow.. with the intention of getting it unlocked so i can use my meteor sim with it.. dunno if there'll be a difference but which one do ye lot recommend i should i go for?

Any chance an O2 speak-easy upgrade will be unlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I just ordered one myself while ago, no age verification needed, usually o2 phones are locked so I would go with the vodafone one

the vodafone one would definitely be locked.. i just heard a rumour a while ago that O2 dont lock a lot of their phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

O2 are very expensive for mobile internet, they're still charging 1 cent per kb.

anyone sucessfully got one of these unlocked around town yet? Best offer i've seen is €30..seems a bit steep to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Any chance an O2 speak-easy upgrade will be unlocked?
    See info on Unlock Codes here
    I rang last week and they had no problem providing the unlock code and the instructions for entering it. I'm sure my spend was well over there limit as I'm with them for years and its my first unlock request. When I was asked for the reason for the request I said I was getting an upgrade and wanted to pass on my current phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I'm after buying an 800 from Vodafone to unlock, but strangely they say they won't do it, and SonyEriccson (I emailed them) said they would. I'll have to see if I can get their two heads to meet over this, and sort it out, as I don't really want to spend twenty five bucks to get it unlocked.

Advertisement